BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs 0 - 0 Rovers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Douglas was voted the worst signing for the season by gills fans making my assumption he didnt hack it the right one !

Glad we finished with a point, now for a few beers, a barbie and a few more beers.

Glad for once the season has finished. Just waiting for the season ticket renewal !!

happy summer everyone tinykit.gif

Well that report actually seems to be quite positive, had a few chances and were '"tidy in possession and dangerous on the break". Roll on next season.

It seems like we have something to cheer about.

Roll on summer signings and the new season!

Douglas was voted the worst signing for the season by gills fans making my assumption he didnt hack it the right one !

I am surprised to hear that because, as far as I know, he started just about every match after joining.

I dont want to sound down hearted about things but i feel next season is going to be really tough. It scares me about how much we need to spend and thinking where it might be coming from.

Where is the money coming from and how much realistically do we have to spend????

I am surprised to hear that because, as far as I know, he started just about every match after joining.

the joys of teletext and a armchair

Just back from the match- my nearest ground- 6 miles away.

That wasn't bad. McEveley didn't seem out of place. Jemal looked better than Defoe did considering they were both on at the same time. The defence looked TONS better with Toddy- who damn nearly scored!! Their players looked like they were in the relegation fight, not the European one- which is down to us I think.

But oh, WHAT does Mr Hughes see in Thommo. He clearly hasn't succeeded in putting his injury out of focus so far. By that I mean that whenever there's a situation where bravery is called for, he pulls out. Unfortunately in centre midfield, bravery is quite often called for and he's found lacking.

We really missed Flitty and Reid today. With either of them this would have been a comfortable win.

Just got back.

Rovers played quite well IMO. Todd, Nelson,Neill,Savage were best players. Thompson had a funny game, he had some moments when he looked brilliant but never had the killer pass when it looked like we were about to score. He also lost the ball in dangerous positions. Stead and Emo were ok. McEveley improved in the second half after a nervous display in the first. But he's certainly better than Nissa at left back. We were the better team in the first half with Todd going close and was pretty even in the second half with rovers look good on the counter. We also had some real good spells on Rovers one touch passing

Rovers fans were fantastic and we almost sold out. About 1,200 I'd say. Barmy Army chant lasted about 30mins and was constantly loud. Spurs fans were ######.

And that Blackburn supporting steward was there again with his scarf on and played with the fans a bit in the second half. "Steward is a Rovers" laugh.gif

good day out in the end.

My Ratings

Friedel 6 - kept punching the ball out for some reason

Neill 7- Defended well and some good tackles inside the box

Todd 8 -Brilliant

Nelsen 7- Defended well but gave the ball away too many times

McEveley 6 - Did well in second half

Emerton 6 -ok

Thompson 7- ive already explained

Axe 6-did what he was meant to do

Savage 8- Some fantastic tackles and a couple of great balls to front men(or man)

Pedersen 6- Didnt do much really

Stead 6- he really needs to work out in the gym in the summer

subs

Johnson-6 looked quite decent

Why?

Reid has proved himself to be an excellent midfielder this season who almost perfectly fits into the formation we play and has been a crucial part of the success we have had in the second half of the season. Not sure I agree with Flitty. He's hit or miss and can be total pants, but we will certainly always miss Reid when he is out.

Just got home and I've got to say the beer was about 1000 times better than the game.

I'm sure that spurs did have something to play for but I'll be damned if they showed it. We were not effectual but at least we didn't lose in the last game of the season.

Cheers for a good day out all. See you next season (or pre-season if all goes well)

Edited by Biddy

Not been back long but it was a long day for a pretty average match. Pleased to see McEveley back and look decent. Thommo is the best player in the league at running around in a circle. Other than that there was little else of note to be honest. We were better in the 2nd half than we were in the first half, but we were awful in the first half. Spurs were just poor. Roll on a couple of new strikers.

Rovers fans were fantastic and we almost sold out. About 1,200 I'd say. Barmy Army chant lasted about 30mins and was constantly loud. Spurs fans were ######.

And that Blackburn supporting steward was there again with his scarf on and played with the fans a bit in the second half. "Steward is a Rovers" laugh.gif

That must have been a record breaking barmy army chant, it lasted for bloody ages. The steward thing was really good too. That beach ball was thrown about alot also to the cries of 'ole' and the hand-ball chant from b'ham was re-discovered once or twice laugh.gif

A pretty decent performance actually which with a striker we could have easily won. Its up to hughes to do the business and find something up front!!

A good day out and the game wasn't too bad either. I thought our best chances actually came on the break when Stead, Thompson, MGP and Emerton worked well together. In less hurried attacking moves they seemed to be able to create a lot less. Thompson was enigmatic, at times he was great and posed Spurs lots of problems running with the balls, at other times he was full of misplaced passes and a return to the old headless chicken. When Reid's fit I'd prefer him over Thompson.

4-5-1 again proved reasonably solid although the defence looked shaky at times in the first half with Kanoute causing problems. However Stead can't play up front on his own, he can't hold the ball up well and really needs someone else alongside. Johnson when he came on looked much more lively and caused Ledley King a couple of problems, he certainly looks one for the future.

A quick word about Neill today who I thought was very, very good. He linked up with Emerton going forward and looked pretty useful defensively too.

Thought yesterday was a good laugh! Our fans were very vocal and I am looking forward to next season.

We play some nice football on the grond at times but need more options up front. Hughes knows that and so does anyone who has watched us over the last few months.

Nelsen yet again impressed me- considering all the attacking players Spurs have they did not cause that much threat to us.

Thirty-four quid for a ticket - that really was outrageous. I mean, it really is!

Should have got a rebate after missing the first ten mins stuck in traffic.

Looked like a typical end-of-season game. Thompson was running down blind alleys trying to find an outlet whilst retaining possession. McEveley I'm not convinced by, Neill looked surprisingly secure, Brad was solid, Pedersen struggled to get the better of his man and Stead just looked worn out.

The drummer got right on my t*ts (as usual), and there seemed to be a bit of antagonism with the home fans.

Roll on next season.

Lot of debate over the drummer, however without him we would lack much noise at all IMO.

I can understand it giving people a headache but without him yesterday (for example) it would not have been anywhere near the same sort of atmosphere/noise level.

I do understand people's annoyance with the drummer- but I enjoyed the occasion yesterday afternoon. Seeing the home fans sit like lemons for most of the match, while their expensively assembled team could not create much or give them much to cheer about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.