BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon Obi Mikel

Many seem to think that this farce(sp?) is Chelseas doing.

The media asked Jim Ryan(ManU youth director) if he thinks Chelsea are behind Mikels trip to London. His answer:

As the case stands, we can assume that Chelsea are involved. It all seems like a scandal.

PS. My traslation of his answer

Edited by Rainmaker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent is blek though as well!

Which one? Seems to be three or more involved, plus the reps from Man U and Chelsea, assorted lawyers, the Norwegian police...

If this was the subject of a Footballers Wives plotline, I'd probably have dismissed it as far-fetched.

Excuse me but what has this to do with Rovers? Unless of course he is Hughes' next transfer in.

What an idiot you are. You can't talk Rovers 24/7, there'd be nothing left after about an hour. It is a football forum. This story is genuinely interesting and could have some dire consequences.

no need to call people names its uncalled for. I understand where you are coming from about not just Blackburn but full topics not to do with Blackburn should be on something like the bbc football forums not BRFC forums

Latest:

Lyn director Morgan Andersen doesn't think Mikel went to London of his own free will. When asked if he(Andersen) would go there, he said that the didn't dare go there - it seems quite dagegous to be there right now.

Lyn seems to be quite worried for Mikel, and don't think he will return to Norway.

It is also speculated if Mikel used a fake passport when traveling, since his (expired) passport is in Andersens custody.

Quick update.

There are rumors floating around that the company og agent Rune Hauge are in posession of contracts that makes the deal with ManU illegal.

Rune Hauge will apparently comment this in a TV-program tomorrow night...

This is the good thing about the internet that some people seem to have missed - you can CHOOSE what interests you and you want to read about. The topic title should be enough of an indicator as to the content of this thread - don't seem interesting? Don't read it, and certainly don't comment on how uninteresting it is to you.

[/rant]

This is the good thing about the internet that some people seem to have missed - you can CHOOSE what interests you and you want to read about. The topic title should be enough of an indicator as to the content of this thread - don't seem interesting? Don't read it, and certainly don't comment on how uninteresting it is to you.

[/rant]

And another good thing is that everyone can express their own opinion, so if people do find thing either boring or exciting then they have the right to say it. You may like this topic as you are in Norway about a player in Norway therefore maybe want to talk about it and find it more exciting than others! withstupid.gif

If all you do on internet messageboards is tell everyone what you don't like and don't want to read about then go somewhere else and do it. What interests me has nothing to do with it, nor does the freedom of speech. How about trying to maintain some sort of a decent atmosphere and contribute something at least faintly meaningful?

Stop being silly now and get back on topic.

If all you do on internet messageboards is tell everyone what you don't like and don't want to read about then go somewhere else and do it. What interests me has nothing to do with it, nor does the freedom of speech. How about trying to maintain some sort of a decent atmosphere and contribute something at least faintly meaningful?

Stop being silly now and get back on topic.

ok I dont say all negative points I normally like to read other peoples points more than saying my own, as I have seen people with higher number of posts talk down to people with low numbers of posts. i apologise for getting angry and I didnt mean to take it out on you.

Interview with Mikel on TV2 in Norway now.

He say he was pressured to sign for ManU my Lyn director Morgan Andersen and two ManU officials

His agent Shittu says the same thing, and that there have been no meeting with Chelsea

He thinks he will return to Norway.

Morgan Andersen claims the pressure must be coming from his agents, and suggests that Mikels family is being threatend. Mikel denies any threats have been made against his family

Who is lying?

One positive that can come from this case is a more restrictive use of agents. Could we hope for a ban against agents.... ph34r.gif

Edited by Rainmaker

Excuse me but what has this to do with Rovers? Unless of course he is Hughes' next transfer in.

What an idiot you are. You can't talk Rovers 24/7, there'd be nothing left after about an hour. It is a football forum. This story is genuinely interesting and could have some dire consequences.

I may be an idiot but I am currently coaching two youngsters who have just been signed for the Rovers Academy.

Now that I consider to be more relevant than some player I've never heard of who happens to be interesting two clubs I have nothing to do with.

Sorry, but we could all raise topics about other players or clubs but they don't have any room on this board.

Too early to say but one is outstanding at junior level. Will need to wait a few years to see the benefits of being with the Academy, if they stay there.

We have quite a number of good players and have won just about everything in the area so I guess its only a matter of time before we lose more of them to the professional clubs.

At some matches there are more scouts than supporters wink.gif

I may be an idiot but I am currently coaching two youngsters who have just been signed for the Rovers Academy.

Now that I consider to be more relevant than some player I've never heard of who happens to be interesting two clubs I have nothing to do with.

Sorry, but we could all raise topics about other players or clubs but they don't have any room on this board.

Look, I may have jumped the gun and been a bit harsh but the frustration got to me. New posters on here normally get slated for something and nothing as soon as they start. I deemed your post as an expample. He was trying to get involved and gets a hammering for it. If you did start topics on everything it would start problems, but the moderators are there to stop the fluff not the topic starter. This saga is far more interesting than your average player transfer. In a month we will be talking about allsorts just to pass the time until the season comes around again. Rovers are not the most dramatic of clubs (a good thing), a little spice somewhere else livens it up a bit.

As for your two youngsters being signed by the academy; how old? Did they sign a contract? Just warn them not to get big heads or get ahead of themselves. Thousands of kids are at academies, a very select few make it. It is a long hard road that is not to be treated lightly. There are roughly 1,000 players in starting line ups of the four professional leagues in England each week, not many considering the number who play.

Erm... can Jon Obi have his topic back please?

Last report I read suggested the player has been whisked away to Chelsea and Man Utd have backed off for a while. At least he won't be getting kneecapped in an alleyway somewhere.

So is Hughes interested in signing this wonderkid then?

Although its very exciting for you and the two kids who have just got into the academy this is a topic about some nigerian wonderkid maybe signing for one of the two biggest clubs in the country.

If u want to talk about the academy and things related to it do it on another topic so people dont get confused.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.