BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Play-offs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope its Ioswich, as now Naach are gone, I need another local club to goto.

And I think Nob End taking money from Rovers is a little over-exaggerated. If anything, it will entice more Rovers fans to home games, especially as Wigan and Nob End would be two guarenteed wins at home.

Anyone else see mcateer crying last night as after he was taken off as Tranmere lost on penalties? Felt rather sorry for him, after coming back from 2 down from the first leg I wanted them to win the tie, they deserved it.

My Dad's a Preston fan so I will be going to Cardiff for the second time this year to cheer them on (should be a better game this time as well).

As a fan of North-West football I am really looking forward to having so many teams in the PL next year, getting fed up with London-centric media down here...

the argument of, if PNE go up we will lose even more fans Is a laod of rubbish. For the last two seasons our support has gone down- yet PNE and Wigan were both in the Championship!?

Its the quality of football we have been playing for the last 2 seasons, is the reason why some of the local fans have left. And I dounbt Wigan and Preston play better football than us

My Dad's a Preston fan so I will be going to Cardiff for the second time this year to cheer them on (should be a better game this time as well).

As a fan of North-West football I am really looking forward to having so many teams in the PL next year, getting fed up with London-centric media down here...

317085[/snapback]

Touch wood that is?

Thing about the playoffs in the Championship (hate the name) is that I don't dislike any of the teams but at the same time have no particular fondness for any of them either. This means that everytime one of them goes through I have some small reason to be pleased, but at the same time every team that get knocked out I feel sorry for them. I've never watched the playoffs before when I haven't either had a strong liking or dislike of at least one of the teams.

i dont want Sheff Wed going up, will be very nice for Scunthorpe Utd fans (where i used to live, used to watch a few games here and there) if they have four games next season against them and forest.

Cant see any problems with our home crowd even if pne make it up. Their home crowds are poor to say the least.

The season ticket prices at pne are similar NOW to those of Rovers, they have offered a renewal at this seasons prices but surely if they go up they will go up as will individual match day prices.

Preston is as dank a town as Blackburn, unemployment is similar. Cannot in any way see any upturn in the support for nobenders.

Preston, if they get up, will ALWAYS play home games alternate to Rovers. Its a Police thing. Lancs Const could not police both games, plus bumley or blackpool on the same weekend.

In any case, that pne team tonight would as big Jim said, get slaughtered week in week out. Trevor Hemmings will NOT put his hand in pocket to grant a major spending spree and because of that just what type of player would they get ?

I just have to favour the big time charlies that are West Ham in the Final. I would love to see pne up but I fear the hammers will do for them big style.

Should be a nice bank holiday Monday in Preston smile.gif

the more local derbies??bollux ...if nobend go up they get ££££££

bollux to that keep the  scum where they are i dont want them making a penny!!

317417[/snapback]

I'm with ABBEY 100%.

I don't even want then to have the pleasure of a season in in the Prem.

I'm a bigot and I don't care, because that's how it is. mad.gifmad.gif

I have had dealings with both Whelan and Hemmings. I can tell you that they pathologically hate each other. They are both obsessed with being the richest man in Lancashire and it really annoys Whelan that Hemmings continues to be substantially richer than him.

They are therefore extremely competitive. If NobEnd come up, they will spend, just so that they can finish above Whelan's Wigan.

Bring them both on, shorter distances for away matches, and probably more travelling support at rovers.

Neither will make any impact on their first appearance.

Edited by Cheshireblue

the argument of, if PNE go up we will lose even more fans Is a laod of rubbish. For the last two seasons our support has gone down- yet PNE and Wigan were both in the Championship!?

Its the quality of football we have been playing for the last 2 seasons, is the reason why some of the local fans have left. And I dounbt Wigan and Preston play better football than us

317097[/snapback]

The reason our fans are going is the fact that many jumped on the rovers band wagon in 95 just like chelsea today. The same jumpers have now jumped off and we are left with the hard core rovers fans, who although small in number, must be the best fans in the prem. Who else would support us right now ?

The same jumpers have now jumped off and we are left with the hard core rovers fans, who although small in number, must be the best fans in the prem. Who else would support us right now ?

317451[/snapback]

Excellent point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.