BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Play-offs

ABBEY

I'm sensing a genuine lack of love for the NobEnders.

Where did this come from?

And how exactly would you like them to lose the play-off final?

1. Celtic style conceding two in the last three minutes.

2. 6-0 after letting in four in the first 15 minutes.

3. 10-9 on penalties.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have hated them since junior scool and even more now due to in laws soon to be exinlaws who are nobenders and where i live its full of the idiots believe me they are worse for thinking of themselves as the"biggest and best club in the world" than burnley.

how woyuld i like them to lose lets see.....

I HOPE THEY ARE WINNING 1-0 WITH 20 NO 5 MINUTES TO GO AND FOR SOMETHING LIKE FOG TO CAUSE THE GAME TO ABANDONED AND FOR THEM TO FORK OUT MORE MONEY FOR THE NEXT GAME AND FOR THEM TO HAVE 5 "GOOD " GOALS DISSALLOWED AND THEN WEST HAM TO GET A LAST MINUTE PENALTY FOR A "dive"IN THE CENTRE CIRCLE.....

OR A 7-0 LOSS ...NICE ANYTHING BUT THEM SCUMBAGS WINNING.

Preston.......West Ham play in claret and blue. Reminds me too much of those ugly buggers down the road, who should have stuck to green and white hoops, or whatever, instead of copying Villa. Besides, love rubbing it in that there's loads of Lancashire derbies, oops sorry dingles, forgot your not in there biggrin.gif

Preston.......West Ham play in claret and blue.  Reminds me too much of those ugly buggers down the road, who should have stuck to green and white hoops, or whatever, instead of copying Villa.  Besides, love rubbing it in that there's loads of Lancashire derbies, oops sorry dingles, forgot your not in there biggrin.gif

318081[/snapback]

Interesting point.

If Preston go up, it'll leave the dingles with no local derbies at all (unless they can count Crewe and Stoke, which is stretching the concept).

Rovers would have 14 league derbies - not bad in a 38 game league season.

As an aside, a bizarre consequence of the composition of next seasons Premier League is that Rovers could play the entire league season using only 3 bases for their away fixtures.

Outside of Lancashire, there are 3 Birmingham clubs, 3 North East clubs, and 5 in London (6 if West Ham beat Preston). The only oddball is Portsmouth.

WEll Im going to Cardiff for the third time this season next Monday. Been landed with some Comps, courtesy of a large multinational fizzy drink company. Dont know where they are in terms of "end" and dont much care.

Not bothered who comes up, slightly prefer Preston in that they are local, and we will dick them.

i have hated them since junior scool and even more now due to in laws soon to be exinlaws who are nobenders and where i live its full of the idiots believe me they are worse for thinking of themselves as the"biggest and best club in the world"  than burnley.

how woyuld i like them to lose lets see.....

I HOPE THEY ARE WINNING 1-0 WITH 20 NO 5 MINUTES TO GO AND FOR SOMETHING LIKE FOG TO CAUSE THE GAME TO ABANDONED AND FOR THEM TO FORK OUT MORE MONEY FOR THE NEXT GAME AND FOR THEM TO HAVE 5 "GOOD " GOALS DISSALLOWED AND THEN WEST HAM TO GET A LAST MINUTE PENALTY FOR A "dive"IN THE CENTRE CIRCLE.....

OR A 7-0 LOSS ...NICE ANYTHING BUT THEM SCUMBAGS WINNING.

318066[/snapback]

Very amusing, ABBEY.

All that's left to do now is sit back and watch them sweat it out against the Hammers.

Anybody doubting the potential of North End should note that they have just sold out of their 31000 allocation for next weeks play-off final. I seem to remember our Worthy Cup tickets were still on sale the day before the final. huh.gif

Anybody doubting the potential of North End should note that they have just sold out of their 31000 allocation for next weeks play-off final. I seem to remember our Worthy Cup tickets were still on sale the day before the final. huh.gif

318214[/snapback]

Where've the other 15,000 been this season then? They'll disappear again soon enough.

I'd like to see Preston come up. Another Derby is always good. It leaves t'clarrots quite alone with only the Yorkshire Derby with Leeds to look forward to. Heh Heh nobbers will be giving 'em some stick if they make it.

Irrespective of Abbey and Whittle's feelings, I cannot see anything stopping PNE getting promoted and West Ham certainly aren't going to.

Sheff Weds and Southend to win the other two play-off finals.

And then the season will finally be over. Thank goodness none of our players are off on meaningless end-of-season internationals.

Of course, there's a chance to see the European Totty at Ewood.

If Preston are promoted 40% of the teams in the Premier League will be from what used to be Lancashire (forget "Greater Manchester" and "Merseyside"!)

I think that's fantastic!I

318322[/snapback]

Agree absolutely.

And unlike many other Rovers fans, I'd also like to see Burnley in the top division.

Add in Blackpool and it will be like the early 1960s all over again.

Edited by jim mk2

Having read all the above I am forced to the conclusion that Abbey is actually a Dingle. Why? who else but a dingle could possibly be so ignorant and bigoted? Wait one. There are some candidates for that dubious title: they are Rangers and Celtic fans.

I always had a soft spot for West Ham after they stood up to Man U in 1995, and didnt roll over

On the other hand, their "we belong to the premiership because we are big" attitude is very similar to Birmingham or Saints, and as much annoying.

IM FOREVER BLOWING BUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLES PRETTTTY BUBBBBBBBLES IN THE AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

319289[/snapback]

What needs to be understood, is that although the biggest Derby for the folks in Blackburn is the dingle derby, once you go westwards from Blackburn, the rivalry is between rovers and north end. Dingles don't exist west of ewood. I can count on one hand the number of burnley fans in leyland. They're a non entity here.

North end-rovers has been a great rivalry here, shown by the burial ceremony or the ressurrection in Bamber Bridge.

How many Blackburn based rovers fans would want Burnley promoted today? It's the same feelings towards north end here.

Hence Abbeys allegiance to West Ham. Them north enders wouldn't be wanting rovers promoted in the same situation. cool.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.