BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2005/6 Season Ticket Sales

Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Season Ticket Sales - Renewing or Not ?

• Renewing my season ticket.
    • Renewing season ticket but moving to cheaper seats.
    • Not renewing my season ticket.
    • Buying my first season ticket.
    • Exiled Rover - wish I could attend games.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably off topic but interesting crowd of under 20,000 for the 3rd division play off final.  Hope the FA lost money.  Do you think they will take note over ticket prices and location?  Will they rollocks.

319366[/snapback]

Most tickets were £48 for that!

And bear in mind Southend had to fork out a similar amount for the LDV final in the same venue only 6 weeks ago. They took less than 5,000.

It's worrying to think how many season ticket holders there will be next season.

I'm not surprised, this season for Rovers fans has been a slog to watch, boring to be honest. It hurts me to say it but it's the truth.

Paul mentioned a few factors and I agree.

Football has become too expensive and at ridiculous times, kick offs at 12.15 and 5.30 are a bloody pain in the arse.

Especially for people who take their kids, more so midweek games.

I know 9 people who aren't renewing next year.

What Hughes has said, seems to me he knows its worrying.

Things can only get better, I hope.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but does anyone know whether the club are continuing the away season ticket and the home cup ticket scheme. I am unable to find any info on the official site.

Shefiield Wednesday are taking 40,000 to todays game.

319373[/snapback]

Preston are taking 33000 tomorrow.

319381[/snapback]

[pedantic mode]

ohmy.gif They only got 31000 tickets

[/pedantic mode]

And if rumours are to be believed a good number of them are West Ham fans (and certainly most of them are day trippers (I know Coca Cola also got a lot of tickets to give to hangers on in the North End area - like me!)

thats right, they got exactly 31k and have sold exactly 30800 !

they have a problem in that some "geezer" managed to order tickets over the internet and all his mates/oppos did the same. There is believed to be somewhere in the region of around 1700 wham fans that have obtained tickets for the nobenders end !

2-1 wham (ridgley and micheal) smile.gif

To get back on subject - for Rovers to sell more season tickets - they need to sell out more matches. Sorry I know that this is chicken and egg - but we have unfortunately got to a situation where it is relatively easy to get a match day ticket even for games against Man Utd, Liverpool etc. Many supporters used to buy season tickets as it guaranteed them the "big" matches - this is no longer an issue, and I am sure that this has had as big an effect as increaings ticket prices.

I have lost count of the number of times friends of mine have said that they would like to save their money for season tickets for places like Old Trafford, but are scared to as they won't be able to get tickets, or would have to wait long periods before they can buy a season ticket again. Watch United's overall attendances dip as they further increase the capacity and getting tickets becomes easier.

Another factor, has to be all these stupid kick off times, and days. I would have a season ticket - but with work, can't guarantee getting to enough matches to be able to make it in anyway cost effective.

still ...will i wont i......the line is here do i cross it or do i not...35 years and its come to this....who remembers going to hull and singing to gennoe £4.50 for this ###### hole .....four fifty is probly 10 minutes footy now...£75 for our 1st prem season.........

how much interest is it for direct debit or is better to get on credit card and swap to no interst one.

Rovers need to work on their PR work.

Advertise ST prices in LET, Citizen, Lancashire Post.

Post out an invite letter and application pack to all houses in Blackburn and Darwen areas.

Have a Ticket desk in town trying to sell a few extra season tickets.

All that would help, however the main thing for us to do is to sign a big name player or two and also start picking up points.

I have full faith with Hughes on that one

I've just used the internet to renew - obviously my suspicion that they didn't upload the data until this morning was correct.

On a side note, I do know one person who'll be a returning season ticket holder this year. So if everyone renews, they'll sell one more at least!

The LET yesterday said that Burnley are slightly up in their season ticket sales and that they are ringing up anybody who doesn't renew.I wonder if we'll do that.It also said that the phone calls produced quite a considerable number of people deciding to renew.

The LET yesterday said that Burnley are slightly up in their season ticket sales and that they are ringing up anybody who doesn't renew.I wonder if we'll do that.

319878[/snapback]

Rovers did this last Season but cannot comment on previous

However, based on what is happening at the moment re who we are 'supposedly interested in' doesn't breathe confidence - add to that what looks like the impeding sale of Stead (a player most fans feel is our best striker at the moment) and I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Hughes is the one that said we will have to be more adventurous in attack next season - getting rid of a promising striker is not the way in my book and considering the amount we are likely to get from his sale does not exactly pave the way for us to bring in anybody of greater calibre

• Backroom

Just went to renew my ticket online.. then looked at the bottom line.. 3 quid booking fee ! 2 quid postage ! whats that all about ? I thought the idea of these new tickets was that they would be 're-usable' (being re-activated for the turnstile by the fact that you had paid your money)

Not content with sticking the prices up they go and rob another fiver of us.

I'm coming over to england next year, So I'm definitely buying a season ticket!

But as I understand, you can only renew the ticket online..not buy a new one?

I guess I have to use the application form to get a season ticket

I'm coming over to england next year, So I'm definitely buying a season ticket!

But as I understand, you can only renew the ticket online..not buy a new one?

I guess I have to use the application form to get a season ticket

320019[/snapback]

If you ring the ticket office (08701123456) or email tickets@rovers.co.uk and explain what you want to do, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to send you out an application form.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.