BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replacing An Ipod

Does anybody have an idea, which would be better to buy?

An Ipod or an IRiver.

I'm looking into buying one or the other and really don't know which one to get.

319988[/snapback]

Iriver looks mingin

320052[/snapback]

I bought an iriver last week and thumbs-up.gif

Been listening to it all day and battery is still 100%.

When your ipod battery dies, enjoy looking at the sleek cool design because you won't be listening to it. cool.gif

For anyone who has an Ipod I'd be extrmely thankful if they could answer these questions?

To turn it off do you just press play/pause until the screen blanks out? Is it that simple?

Why is my battery 75% dead when I have only used it for 2 hours over 3 days. The Ipod 30g photo should have 15 hours of play/battery life after a full charge cycle.

Any help would be sensational.

Thanks

321784[/snapback]

The answer to the first question is yes, as for your other question I have no idea.

For anyone who has an Ipod I'd be extrmely thankful if they could answer these questions?

To turn it off do you just press play/pause until the screen blanks out? Is it that simple?

Why is my battery 75% dead when I have only used it for 2 hours over 3 days. The Ipod 30g photo should have 15 hours of play/battery life after a full charge cycle.

Thanks

321784[/snapback]

From what I've heard, you need to charge it well for a good few hours before hand.

Thanks

321784[/snapback]

Yes that is how you turn it off, make sure you put the hold on after.

To answer the second there are two possibilities.

1) You haven't turned it off well or hit hold and so it is playing without you knowing, or at least just being on.

2) The famous Ipod battery problem.

To be honest with you another problem I had with the Ipod was that the indicator of how much battery life was left was amazingly bad. Sometimes while you use it, it actually will go up. It may well be that it simply isn't right at the moment, just give it time. Don't recharge it and let the battery run all the way down. If you recharge before it dies you may set the battery memory lower at lower than full capacity.

I know when I got a new radio with a rechargeable battery, they said the best way to make sure the indicator works is, the first time you use it, charge it all the way up, let it play all the way out, then charge it all the way up again. They said that sets the indicator.

You should always do that. Whenever you are using a rechargeable battery let it run from full to empty. The battery has a sort of memory and if you don't do this you can set it lower than full capacity. You should also try and do this at least once a month, this goes for things like phones as well.

Thanks

321784[/snapback]

Yes that is how you turn it off, make sure you put the hold on after.

To answer the second there are two possibilities.

1) You haven't turned it off well or hit hold and so it is playing without you knowing, or at least just being on.

2) The famous Ipod battery problem.

To be honest with you another problem I had with the Ipod was that the indicator of how much battery life was left was amazingly bad. Sometimes while you use it, it actually will go up. It may well be that it simply isn't right at the moment, just give it time. Don't recharge it and let the battery run all the way down. If you recharge before it dies you may set the battery memory lower at lower than full capacity.

322001[/snapback]

Cheers, that's helps.

I'll give it a whirl.

I was so cheesed off today - the iriver I bought from amazon for £221 only 2 weeks ago is now advertised on their web-site for £169.

(That's £169 for 20gB!)

But amazon have agreed to give me the £41 refund. thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.