Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When Vinjay met John

Guest Vinjay

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinjay

If I didn't love the club I wouldn't be losing sleep over our current situation.

Edit-I see Shaddy has edited the post above I was responding to what he originally wrote.

Edited by Vinjay

Guest Vinjay
What positive side? I would love to be positive but the club dosen't have any ambition.

No club has dropped in terms of ambition than Blackburn Rovers in the last few years since Jack died. Do I need to remind you who is to blame for this?

WALKERS OUT

318668[/snapback]

How much money would you like from them Vinjay?

£15mill in the current accounting year....?

318672[/snapback]

That wouldn't be bad at all. Wouldn't be much of a loss for them would it?

What positive side? I would love to be positive but the club dosen't have any ambition.

No club has dropped in terms of ambition than Blackburn Rovers in the last few years since Jack died. Do I need to remind you who is to blame for this?

WALKERS OUT

318668[/snapback]

318672[/snapback]

318676[/snapback]

You sound like more a disgruntled ex-employee of one of the walker business', than a rovers fan.. truely, you do.

Guest Vinjay

I think I sound more like a Rovers fan than you do. You seem quite satisfied with the way the club's going despite the fact we have a bunch of faceless owners with no interest.

I believe Rovers can finish in the top 10 next season with the addition of a top striker(providing our 600 million + owners can afford it)so how is that for positive? The problem is where can Rovers go from there?

WALKERS OUT

318668[/snapback]

318672[/snapback]

318676[/snapback]

Thats how much the trust have given us in the current financial year. Just to make you sound really ignorant and stupid.

This club has gone down the toilet since we won the premiership.

318673[/snapback]

Yep, we're on skid row, with Sheff Wed, Notts Forest, MK Dons and the rest.

And Vinjay, what does "Walkers Out" mean?

You want to get rid of teh trust fund? What good would that do?

Guest Vinjay

Well what did that go towards then? Not on transfers obviously with the 150,000 spent last summer.

Guest Vinjay
This club has gone down the toilet since we won the premiership.

318673[/snapback]

Yep, we're on skid row, with Sheff Wed, Notts Forest, MK Dons and the rest.

And Vinjay, what does "Walkers Out" mean?

You want to get rid of teh trust fund? What good would that do?

318680[/snapback]

It would be good for the club if they sold to someone who would actually take an interest and make deccent funds avalable. Like more than 150,000 for example.

Edited by Vinjay

Well what did that go towards then? Not on transfers obviously with the 150,000 spent last summer.

318682[/snapback]

They wrote off a debt to them of £12mill. They gave us the traditional £3m or so to make our season on season loss nopt appear to drastic. The reality is we loose money as a football club. 5mill last season, 12mill the year before. If it wasnt for the trust topping up our income those figures would be even worse.

Go and shout at the trust by all means, get them to pull out, then watch us plummet to the place in the league we can sustain as a sole entity.

Now, have you rung Mr Williams? Or are you all mouth and no b*llocks?

Vinjay - go and have your meeting with Mr Williams and find out what's going on. Then come back and let us all know.

If the Walkers aren't prepared to invest the right amount of money so that BRFC can become a team that can compete for the title again then perhaps you can start looking elsewhere for that sponsorship on Mr Williams behalf? I mean with our gates and profile I'm sure that there is no end of multi millionaire prospective backers.

Until then can I suggest that you're not actually going anywhere with this thread? (or perhaps I don't care and I can sleep at night and your a bigger fan than me etc)

BTW Vinjay what's BRFC's wage bill?

Guest Vinjay
listen i am not getting into a pi$$ing contest about who is the biggest Rovers fan, I know I support my club..  rover.gif  tinykit.gif

just do a favour eh, just go one post without metioning the "walkers"  ...its just getting a little old.. mad.gif

318681[/snapback]

I know I support my club too. It was you who questioned me first. I don't want to get into that sort of thing eiether.

Guest Vinjay

318682[/snapback]

Didn't we spend £2.5m on MGP?? and £3m on Savage?? and another £150k on Mokoena?? unsure.gif

318689[/snapback]

I was referring to how much was spent in the summer. It was a big reason why the club got of to such a poor start.

318682[/snapback]

Didn't we spend £2.5m on MGP?? and £3m on Savage?? and another £150k on Mokoena?? unsure.gif

318689[/snapback]

I was referring to how much was spent in the summer. It was a big reason why the club got of to such a poor start.

318690[/snapback]

So when precisely did we buy MGP? didnt he start for us Against Manchester United? Wasnt that in August? Which is in summer?

Vinjay, when you're in with Mr Williams and you've told him you want more money off the trust fund and John Williams has agreed with you, what are you going to say next?

318693[/snapback]

"Can I have a lolipop please, Mr Williams?" biggrin.giflaugh.gif

"Go on lend us some of those sleeping pills" ?

C'mon now stuwilky - don't start bringing up things like "facts" into this. Play fair.

You rung him yet Vinjay?

318695[/snapback]

Doubt it, he's probably got a college lesson with Lofty now.

Walkers out, NOBbys in.

WALKERS OUT

318668[/snapback]

The point(s) you seem to be missing are:

1) It's their money and so they can spend it as they please. Just because you could afford to give the beggar at the end of the road £100, does it mean you have to??

2) Who else do you want to come in? If there were a queue of muti-millionaires waiting to invest in the club I might well back your stance, but there isn't. Nor is there likely to be any time soon, so we have to accept what we have. Driving the trust out of the club, with no alternative backer in place, would be finacial suicide and, if you are as big a fan as you say, you wouldn't want that!!

Edited by DaveyB

Vinjay - can I ask you why should the Walker Family invest any more money in Rovers ? They have already written off significant portions of our debt while also GIVING the club approx £3m per season.

Do you think that there is a queue of people waiting to throw their money at Rovers ? I think we should be realistic about this - we were spoilt by the good times, but the level of investment that would be required to make Rovers challenge for the title again is way beyond what even Jack could have afforded.

Things have moved on - and unfortunately Rovers (and their support) hasn't. We need to be pulling in 40k+ supporters every week to justify the investment that would be required to make Rovers champions again.

Our only chance would be a Russian billionaire who wasn't bothered about subsidising salaries and transfer fees. But lets get real - who would you choose Rovers - or Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool, etc etc - all with far bigger profile and fan base to flatter the ego.

Last question - do you go to watch Rovers home and away ? Do you regularly buy Rovers merchandise, do you have a Rovers credit card and phone ? If the answer to these questions is no - how can you question somebody elses investment in the club ?

I'm sure it would make your decision a lot easier if we had owners who invested in our club and not Birmingham. If you aren't aware already our wonderful owners just increased their shirt sponsorship deal with the Walker family until 2007!

I wonder which club they want to finish higher in the table...

318648[/snapback]

Well, let's start with the fact that Birmingham will bring more passengers to the airline. The more passengers, the more money the airline will make. The more money the airline makes, the more money goes into the Walker Trust. The more money into the Walker Trust, the more money to SUBSIDIZE Rovers.

Why don't you put every extra penny you earn into the club? You just need food and shelter, anything above that should be given to Rovers each year.

And as for what RR said, he's partially right. It isn't necessarily the wages, it's more the attitude of the players. I'll always be a big fan of Stead because he shows he cares about the club, and cares about winning. There aren't enough players like that nowadays.

Edited by American

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.