BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holiday Reading

Another day and I'll have finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. The first of his Millennium Trilogy. Books two and three had been on our bookshelf for several months, bought for my wife by her sister. Strange that she never sent us book one, I thought but never mind, started to read them in that order before being told that our lad had taken book one a few weeks ago. Doesn't matter at all. There's a connection between books two and three but book one is more of a stand alone. Haven't been able to put any of them down. I've read quite a bit of Scandinavian Crime Fiction, mainly in Norwegian rather than English but this trilogy beats the rest hands down.

Another day and I'll have finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. The first of his Millennium Trilogy. Books two and three had been on our bookshelf for several months, bought for my wife by her sister. Strange that she never sent us book one, I thought but never mind, started to read them in that order before being told that our lad had taken book one a few weeks ago. Doesn't matter at all. There's a connection between books two and three but book one is more of a stand alone. Haven't been able to put any of them down. I've read quite a bit of Scandinavian Crime Fiction, mainly in Norwegian rather than English but this trilogy beats the rest hands down.

Stieg Larsson did write a great trilogy. I am currently enjoying Jo Nesbo's books. They are about detective Harry Hole. They are excellent and if you like crime stories you will not be dissapointed.

Stieg Larsson did write a great trilogy. I am currently enjoying Jo Nesbo's books. They are about detective Harry Hole. They are excellent and if you like crime stories you will not be dissapointed.

Thanks for that. Had seen a few Nesbo books but never bought. Have read all the Karin Fossum series (some are in English as well), others by Per Petterson and all those by Tom Kristensen. All were in Norwegian.

Incidentally, saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo film last night. Brilliant. Rooney Mara who plays Lisbeth Salander was awesome.

• 3 months later...

So I've got to the end of A Song of Ice and Fire (as it currently stands) and I'm blown away by the scale and scope of it.

SPOILERS - BEWARE

So much remains uncovered (including any meaningful appearance by the compelling, terrifying Others). As I far as I can discern, the outstanding issues for future novels (those plot points that were left hanging or completely unexplored in A Dance With Dragons) are, and in no particular order:

- Jon Snow's fate.

- Jon Snow's parentage. There are various theories listed here - I tend to buy into the fact that he is indeed a Stark...

- Benjen Stark's fate.

- Baelish's plans for Sansa Stark.

- The identity of 'Ser Robert Strong'.

- Samwell Tarly's progress in Oldtown.

- The fate of Maester Marwyn (who p*ssed off as soon as Sam arrived at The Citadel).

- The identity, and indeed motivation, of the alchemist who appeared in the prologue of A Feast For Crows.

- The apparent anomaly of the character seemingly killed in said prologue, popping up again in Samwell's last chapter. The main theory relating to that is particularly convincing.

I'm sure more will occur to me.

Edited by Rovermatt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.