BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Womens Football

it said 12k in yesterdays LET

And 14k for the saturday game.

Which is very good for womens football. Still nothing compared to the 29k at COMS on sunday

edit: i`d expect a lot of people just to turn up too

321963[/snapback]

My mate who's a North End fan reckons for the Italy and France game the other day they sold 38 tickets before the day of the game- so we've done alright.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this on the UEFA website.

They got the directions wrong

M6 Junction 9  ohmy.gif

According to them, it's sir Jack Walker, they also call Blackburn a city and get this:

Our advice to anyone planning on driving in Blackburn is to get practising your hill starts - just like their football team there are plenty of ups and downs.

biggrin.gif

321820[/snapback]

Like womens football plenty of ups and downs! withstupid.gif cheeky @#/?s!

Womens football is alot more interesting then when i last saw it. England lost 2-1 to denmark tonight after 2 goals in the last ten minutes for denmark

322209[/snapback]

England we're fine going great guns. Then last 15mins kicked in and just like always england backed off and gave away stupid freekicks (no help from a over zelous ref on a mission to win her bet on denmark)! Looks like englands adventure is over.

Hopefully some nice blondes in the next game Sweden! biggrin.gif

England Denmark was interesting. I've seen Tiny attack a header with more conviction than most of them.

I'm getting my hopes up for the world cup when the south american teams play wink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Edit: http://www.teamstats.co.uk/users/theresa/p...helUnitt_hs.jpg England left-back, Rachel Unitt... dont see a major attraction myself.

Edited by Parasyte

she looked areet tonight;) and as for the lineswoman at the jack walker stand ...boots and whip wheyyyy heyyyyy

322216[/snapback]

I'm guessing here, and it is purely going off the name on the team sheet, but it is quite possible that the lineswoman was that well known Spanish dominatrix Yolanda Parga Rodriguez.

Alternatively it was the Romainian Irina Mirt unsure.gif

Edited by Lee

she looked areet tonight;) and as for the lineswoman at the jack walker stand ...boots and whip wheyyyy heyyyyy

322216[/snapback]

I'm guessing here, and it is purely going off the name on the team sheet, but it is quite possible that the lineswoman was that well known Spanish dominatrix Yolanda Parga Rodriguez.

Alternatively it was the Romainian Irina Mirt unsure.gif

322237[/snapback]

I'll have those DVDs back when you've finished with them Groobs biggrin.gif

or even sample Waves, a swimming pool boasting slides aplenty.

loved that one from the UEFA site. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lets go on the Alien Invasion

Hmmmmmm

Which one Next

The Alien Invasion

England we're fine going great guns. Then last 15mins kicked in and just like always england backed off and gave away stupid freekicks (no help from a over zelous ref on a mission to win her bet on denmark)! Looks like englands adventure is over.

Sounds like the men's team...

or even sample Waves, a swimming pool boasting slides aplenty.

loved that one from the UEFA site. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lets go on the Alien Invasion

Hmmmmmm

Which one Next

The Alien Invasion

322245[/snapback]

theres always the baby slide

wink.gif

10 years ago, I think I would easily have been the best player on the pitch should I have had the op and played for an internaitonal women's team. Nowadays they are several leagues above the paltry level I managed. I have watched several games involving the Canadian under 19 women's team (purely for patriotic reasons of course) and am stunned at the standard of play.

Since soccer is a summer game up here in the tundra, every evening in my Blackburn-size town, one can see dozens of little league games involving girls from the age of 5 upwards. They have proper coaching, games with refs, lineswomen and even corner flags, none of which were the case for lads like me.

I see no reason why women's footy won't be as big as women's tennis in the next decade.

I never thought I'd fancy an England left back!!

322212[/snapback]

I agree with you. Maybe she's the solution to our left side problem.

322280[/snapback]

Damn right, its a perfect combo women and football shame they dont have those skin tight shirts!!

Rachel Unitt... dont see a major attraction myself

Just had a word with Rachel.

She thinks you look like Millhouse from the Simpsons, but with spots and a less attractive personality. And acne.

user posted image

320739[/snapback]

... She seems quite pleased with herself as well (2nd picture) - maybe it's worth a "conversion" or something.

321078[/snapback]

'pleased' would be an understatement. Her penalty just won her team the Women's World Cup in front of 99,000 spectators (Rose Bowl, California).

Being a Yank, with a daughter who played through college on a scholarship, I've learned to enjoy the women's game. It doesn't compare to the men's...quite different. Both my wife and daughter prefer the men (no sly comments here, please) for the speed of play, and my sons won't watch the women at all...well, maybe my oldest who is marrying one of my daughter's college team-mates. But I don't have the negative reaction that many on this thread (and many on this side of the pond also have).

Suffice to say, to each his own. And I've appreciated the self-assurance and confidence that the game has given my daughter (and the $75 per hour she earns coaching)

i think womens football has good tackling but they have no power on their shots, they cant head a ball and they cannot sring a few passes together

322239[/snapback]

Should the US women ever come to England to play, you'll see that this isn't always the case...or, just watch the German women. Edited by seahawkdad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.