BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

Its close now after solankis run out.

Its all up to Pietersen, and some halfwits started streaking to ruin his concentration.

Listening to Radio 5 it appears they have changed some of the terminoligy. 7 for 215 and 18 sundries.. Bloody speak your queens english ffs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smile.gif  Yay - Was that Bangladesh we were playing today?

325138[/snapback]

Don't get too carried away. I think neither team can be proud of their performance today, but credit to England for wanting it more. England really should have pegged back Australia more after Harmison had done so well. Australia were poor all round.

I was watching the game, sweeting like a pig, 160-6 when Jones got out, looked like England where making a meal of the chase...got no real momentum going. Then Pietersen started to play, and I tell you what, he can play. Real big game player. At the moment he's got to be the best ODI batsman in the world.

should have come in at number 4 instead of collingwood. but thats nickpicking

some start to the summer.. it could be a classic

Some teams going to get a tonking from the Aussies, we were this [-] close to losing it if Pieterson hadnt got in from that fantastic Ponting throw we'd have lost.

Also anyone see Colingwood catching Hayden?

I was watching the game, sweeting like a pig, 160-6 when Jones got out, looked like England where making a meal of the chase...got no real momentum going. Then Pietersen started to play, and I tell you what, he can play. Real big game player. At the moment he's got to be the best ODI batsman in the world.

should have come in at number 4 instead of collingwood. but thats nickpicking

some start to the summer.. it could be a classic

325154[/snapback]

I actually don't think he should be. In a run chase like that he's good to come in with 100-150 runs to get so that he is able to get himself in and then push the run rate up, I'm not sure if I'd like to see him in earlier as he might well not be in a position where they are close enough to the finish line for him to really start to take risks and accelerate. Of course sometimes it will work, but during the middle part of the innings I still think it would be better to have players like Collingwood pushing the ball around, keeping the rate at a nice 4 an over and chipping away at the total before the real charge starts.

They did that well I thought, the problem was when they quite quickly lost a couple of wickets and things looked a bit desperate, luckily Pietersen turned on the magic and the Aussies week has gone from bad to worse to horrible.

Can Australia win a game on tour?!?!

Jim obviously has a short memory.. perhaps a sign of early dementia tongue.gif

...as the 1985 touring side was clearly a lot worse than the current mob laugh.gif

Edited by pg

That last comment jim might bite your ar£e, worst ? I thnk not. They are just going through a transitional period. they are a different proposition altogether with Lee and Warne in that team.

I dont think they have ever come across a batsman with the awesome power of Pieterson, in fact the guy is a phenomenen in how he deposits the ball to the seats. I have only ever seen mssrs Botham and Richards drive the ball with so much power.

Yes the aussie are hurting but watch them thrash the bangledeshis tomorrow

I notice not so many Australians are coming on here anymore!

325169[/snapback]

That's due to the time difference.

Most of us were in bed saving our energy for the real cricket.

When the Test players return the England side will be found out. rolleyes.gif

325214[/snapback]

I'm sure you weren't an Australian when you were a member of the fans forum many years ago Don. Whats happened?

I dont think they have ever come across a batsman with the awesome power of Pieterson, in fact the guy is a phenomenen in how he deposits the ball to the seats. I have only ever seen mssrs Botham and Richards drive the ball with so much power.

325366[/snapback]

Decent enough point, but I'd also list Lance Kluesner (sp). I remember him destroying the Aussies in the best game of cricket of all time only for them to run Donald out in the last over. Until then, he'd pulled them back from certain defeat to within inches of victory.

Well now that will be impressive.

They will be good in the tests, I'm sure, in my book they are still favourites, as they probably still are for the natwest series as they are proven quality.

Having said that Warne is not what he used to be and Lee is good on his day but goes for a lot of runs. They are simply getting old, but this isn't a transitional period.

325366[/snapback]

Decent enough point, but I'd also list Lance Kluesner (sp). I remember him destroying the Aussies in the best game of cricket of all time only for them to run Donald out in the last over. Until then, he'd pulled them back from certain defeat to within inches of victory.

325369[/snapback]

Now that WAS an amazing game. An absolute nail-biter... Bill Lawry absolutely lost it in the commentary box.

But was it better than Steve Waugh's not-out century to beat South Africa in the 'Super Eight' stage?!? Complete with the 'how does it feel to drop the world cup?' quip to the South African opener fielding at short mid-wicket?

I notice not so many Australians are coming on here anymore!

325169[/snapback]

That's due to the time difference.

Most of us were in bed saving our energy for the real cricket.

When the Test players return the England side will be found out. rolleyes.gif

325214[/snapback]

I'm sure you weren't an Australian when you were a member of the fans forum many years ago Don. Whats happened?

325368[/snapback]

Despondent about England's performance when last in Australia I decided to jump ship.

A couple of months later I got a piece of paper. rolleyes.gif

Looks like I may have jumped ship a little prematurely biggrin.gif

The question has to be asked again: is this the worst Australia touring team ever ?

325069[/snapback]

This one's going to come back and bite me on the bum but..........

Jim, how many of the Aussies do you reckon would get into the Bangladesh XI ? laugh.gif

Goodness me, get a grip all of you!

First day of teh first test, then we'll know which way it will go. Believe me, if the Aussies have a good first day then that will be it.

My own personal opinion is that Australia now have no psychological advantage, their aura is floating somewhere in the River Avon. I think that will count for a hell of a lot if we play without fear on that first day.

But after 20 years(!) of pain, I am not counting my chickens, I wouldn't be surprised if tehy retained the Ashes, one-day bunfights don't really count for much.

Get set for a huge total by England against Bangladesh. They are on course now to, and I think they will, better the highest team score in a one-day international:

Sri Lanka    398/5     50    06/03/1996    Kenya    Asgiriya Stadium    Sri Lanka won by 144 runs

Courtesy of Howstat

Edited by Shaddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.