BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Convicts Return

Timmy

Neekoy can you put the twenty20 score on your progressive score card please.

Oh and while your at it you may aswell put the Bangladeshi score card for ODIs on it

326781[/snapback]

Another friendly tip. It's ODI, not WDI.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we aren't particularly good at one day internationals. I didn't expect much from them to be honest, no doubting that you have far more class and experience in that field and I think given our recent performances in South Africa this summer has been surprisingly good. However, in tests we are certainly deserving of our ranking and will give you lot a run for your money in the Ashes.

The question has to be asked again: is this the worst Australia touring team ever ?

325069[/snapback]

Well what do you reckon troll, whoops, Jim?

327043[/snapback]

Give him some time to bite don, or he'll realise you've gone fishing.

Neekoy you over arrogant b*****d. It really annoys me how earlier on you were complianing about us and here you go again. A right d******d.

And just wondering, if you can "still dig deep when you need to" where was this against England in the 20/20? Or against England and Bangladesh in the first two one day games? You played well, we played badly, simple as. Just don't be such a hypocrite.

326690[/snapback]

Ha Ha, Eddie it is all meant in jest. Don't get your panties in a twist, friendly banter mate. It's all about the bragging rights.

Thanks to the lads who pointed out my spelling mistake, fixed

I didn't include the 20/20 game because, as far as I am aware (correct me if I am wrong), the game does not maintain the status of international cricket as there is no ranking or international recognition of any 20/20 systems in stats.

Even if England win I will still be keeping a running scoreboard in my sig.

This innings has swung around quite a bit. Great start from Australia, then pegged back, and now they're back on track for a big score.

England can turn this around if they get twqo or more quick wickets. If they don't, they're going to be looking at having to score upwards of 5 and a half an over. They're capable, but you'd have to fancy the Aussies in that situation.

Well I bit the bullet last night and attended my first Twenty20 game. I was critical of the format when when it started a couple of years ago, but after last night I am a convert. It was fantastic entertainment and Stuart Law was awesome. I still prefer the "longer" game, but seeing thousands of kids at Old Trafford last night has to be good for the game.

As for today the Rock Breakers are off to a flyer after being inserted.

47 for 0 off 6 overs. sad.gif

I'm almost beginning to think that England is going to win the Ashes!

The England run chase will be very interesting on this pitch and conditions.

I'm almost beginning to think that England is going to win the Ashes!

328666[/snapback]

Tonight is the 1st time i'm starting to have doubts if we can hold onto the ashes.

I think maybe Langer & Hodge should replace Hayden & Martyn in the oneday side.

Since we won back the ashes in 89, when we have been in trouble Border, Taylor & Waugh have always been the 1st to step up but Ponting is doing nothing.

Very good point.

Taylor was one match away from being dropped...but managed to grab it all together at the last minute during the 93 tour.

The English bowlers seem to have the wood on the Australian middle order... and that hasn't happened in years.

preparing for work whilst watching the Aussie batting collpase has put me in a good mood.

optimism about the ashes will come later as I think we will see exactly what the Aussie attack is made of today. Mssrs Lee, McGrath and Gillespie will no doubt have the bit between their teeth as they defend a very low score by their own standards. They have done it on many occasions before but today I think the English team will have their own way. smile.gif

Well I bit the bullet last night and attended my first Twenty20 game.  I was critical of the format when when it started a couple of years ago, but after last night I am a convert.  It was fantastic entertainment and Stuart Law was awesome.  I still prefer the "longer" game, but seeing thousands of kids at Old Trafford last night has to be good for the game.

As for today the Rock Breakers are off to a flyer after being inserted.

47 for 0 off 6 overs.  sad.gif

328650[/snapback]

I went last night, a good do all round.Law-awesome. Nine quid for my ticket, and sat under the upper tier opposite the pavilion-very good value compared with prem prices.

I went to see Lancashire for the first time as well last night and I'll definitely be going again, had a great time. Law was brilliant; I've not seen a lot of cricket, but it wasn't hard to see he was having a stormer.

Never really been a big cricket fan, but thought I'd give it a go after watching the recent England matches on Sky and I'm glad I did now. It looks like the Twenty20 format is helping to entice people along to see the cricket, there were quite a few sat around near me who hadn't been before. I might even make an effort to try and watch the Test matches, something I wouldn't have even considered a few weeks ago....

At this rate, I could just make it to the start of the new football season afterall...!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.