BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stead Completes Sunderland Move

No links at the moment because it's only just being reported on Sky Sports News, but it's been completed for £1.8 million.

If we get McCarthy and Phillips then I won't mind him going, but we really need to pull something out of the bag.

I wish him all the best, we'd probably be in Division One now if it wasn't for him. thumbs-up.gif

Edit: Sorry...I see it's already been reported, just delete/merge this if the mod's see fit.

Edited by LeChuck

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the goals, Stead!

Just hope we bring someone to be our first team striker!

Guess now we have the money to buy McCarthy, if the offer is confirmed.

323359[/snapback]

In the LET that with Stead about to go, it could pave the way for Cole to return! I hope it's not ture because he will want big wages and will there be a transfer fee involved even though Souness sold him for free, and i don't believe in past players returning! withstupid.gif

guess Mr hughes manage to pull a rather not bad price out of Stead hahahaha

Please use the money properly from the sacrifice of Stead laugh.gif

NO PAIN NO GAIN

in this case ......... Stead is the pain

so here comes the tricky question...........

Whose the gain!? laugh.gif

OK, having got rid of the best striker available to us on the books we're now looking at forward options of Dickov (ugh) Gallagher (much to prove) Jansen (even more to prove) and Johnson (not good enough).

That lot would struggle to make much of an impact at Conference level on last season's form.

I sincerely hope Stead's departure signals the arrival of a slightly cheaper "older" signing like Cole or Phillips AND a top quality signing like Keane/Bellamy/McCarthy otherwise we will be in big trouble.

The BBC headline on the Football news page.

Good luck to Stead and thanks for rescuing us the season before last.

My gut feel looking forwards to this coming season was that I rated the chance of Stead and Jansen both recovering their very best form for us as about equal to each other.

Fantastic if it happened- a feared Prem strike force for zero outlay but not exactly the soundest way of preparing for 05/6!

Hughes has been hard headed on this one- clearly he viewed Stead as a sub/squad player in his 05/6 plans so he cashed in now whilst he has a £1.8m value. What Sparky's 05/6 plans actually are and whether he gets his men remains to be revealed.... rover.gif

323359[/snapback]

In the LET that with Stead about to go, it could pave the way for Cole to return! I hope it's not ture because he will want big wages and will there be a transfer fee involved even though Souness sold him for free, and i don't believe in past players returning! withstupid.gif

323366[/snapback]

What about Henning Berg he came back and did a fantastic job for us. If Cole can keep fit I think it would be a good short term move for Rovers but they need a younger striker as well

323359[/snapback]

323366[/snapback]

What about Henning Berg he came back and did a fantastic job for us. If Cole can keep fit I think it would be a good short term move for Rovers but they need a younger striker as well

323391[/snapback]

How often is a player a success when returing to a old?

How much is his he going to cost with a transfer?

Will get the same wage has he had when he was at the club before?

It's like going back out with a former girlfriend! you get sloppy seconds! withstupid.gif

No thanks

323359[/snapback]

323366[/snapback]

323391[/snapback]

It's like going back out with a former girlfriend! you get sloppy seconds! withstupid.gif

No thanks

323397[/snapback]

Someone only likes posting so they can post the I'm with stupid icon. Looney.

323359[/snapback]

323366[/snapback]

323391[/snapback]

No thanks

323397[/snapback]

Personally I think its already done and dusted Hughes says he was disappointed that he didnt have the opportunity to work with Cole and the LET are reporting that Cole could be a player that will come in after Stead has left

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.