BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stead Completes Sunderland Move

Thanks for the goals, Stead!

Just hope we bring someone to be our first team striker!

Guess now we have the money to buy McCarthy, if the offer is confirmed.

323359[/snapback]

In the LET that with Stead about to go, it could pave the way for Cole to return! I hope it's not ture because he will want big wages and will there be a transfer fee involved even though Souness sold him for free, and i don't believe in past players returning! withstupid.gif

323366[/snapback]

What about Henning Berg he came back and did a fantastic job for us. If Cole can keep fit I think it would be a good short term move for Rovers but they need a younger striker as well

323391[/snapback]

How often is a player a success when returing to a old?

How much is his he going to cost with a transfer?

Will get the same wage has he had when he was at the club before?

It's like going back out with a former girlfriend! you get sloppy seconds! withstupid.gif

No thanks

323397[/snapback]

Someone only likes posting so they can post the I'm with stupid icon. Looney.

323399[/snapback]

O.K stop having a cow! withstupid.gifwithstupid.gifwithstupid.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often is a player a success when returing to a old?

How much is his he going to cost with a transfer?

Will get the same wage has he had when he was at the club before?

323397[/snapback]

Well Done Ste B rover.gif

It has happened that players are a success at where they feel confortable.

I don't think that cole would cost us anything from whats been said by us and fulham. They want him off the wage bill and we gave him to them, so fair exchange.

There is no chance he will be on the same wages he is alot older than when he originally signed for us.

If Stead was from Zambia. Nobody would really give much of a ######. Because 2 goals in a season is useless. Same as Grabbi abd Davies and less than the likes of Ward and Blake

ps. wonder if he'll kiss the sunderland badge after(IF) he scores

just like a certain Damien Duff did for Chelsea AT EWOOD blink.gif

Edited by greggyk

Gutted Steads gone, with another striker I could see him banging in plenty of goals, we had best sign a decent striker now otherwise we are in deep sh1t

323433[/snapback]

I'd be highly suprised if we let Stead go without having a least one new striker almost in the bag....

I hope to hear some news soon ohmy.gif

I had the news earlier today!! But no one listened! Good Luck Jonno Stead!! He'll bang goals for Charlton.....sorry we couldn't hang on to sutch a star! Who will we sign?

323442[/snapback]

I will be suprised if he gets a game, let alone score. wink.gif

I had the news earlier today!! But no one listened! Good Luck Jonno Stead!! He'll bang goals for Charlton.....sorry we couldn't hang on to sutch a star! Who will we sign?

323442[/snapback]

The link you gave This one Clearly states the deal isn't done!

The England Under-21 ace is ready to talk personal terms with Black Cats boss Mick McCarthy.

So your knowledge wasn't amazing if thats the extent of it i think we all knew when his agent said yesterday i think it was that steady was back to discuss terms and choose his team!

Stead hasn't played up front with anyone all season, the only time he has in his Rovers career was with either Coley or Gally in his first season and his record was exceptional. He would have been a quality player for us and this will come back to bite us!!!

Granted he played a few with Dickov but for all his good points he is very much an individual, he does a lot of running and good work for the team but rarely links up with his strike partner and someone like Stead who is relatively inexperienced needs that, and thrived working off a quality player in Coley, rumours have it Coley will now return but that will be extremely dampened by Steady's departure, them two together along with another good forward would have been an exciting prospect.

dickov or stead ?

dickov or stead ?

dickov or stead ?

the equation totally baffles me, can anyone help ??

totally saddened and will be very disappointed if Rovers do not replace him with quality mad.gif

323459[/snapback]

1.8m springs to mind. Dickov isn't worth 1.8 washers !!!!

Told you all this was happening. biggrin.gif

Mixed feelings on Stead, his goals with Cole kept us up. But up front on his own he hasn't shown that he can do it at the highest level, without a decent forward.

Hopefully the money we have got from his transfer fee will be put towards a striker with real quality.

We won't miss Stead.

Hughesy didn't seem to rate Stead from day one. Last season rovers managed to get 42 points from 32 goals.

We couldn't go into next season like that, we would get relegated for certain with that kind of goal power. Something had to change. No use selling Jansen, Gally or Johnson - no money in that, Stead would be on bigger wages and would bring a higher fee.

Things had to change, and change a lot.

Stead would be on bigger wages and would bring a higher fee.

323471[/snapback]

Wouldn't he be on less than jansen was on? not forgetting he was touted as "one for the future" and someone who wouldn't have an impact this season, i can't imagine him being given a high salary, must have been similar to gally.

Now on the other hand has probally doubled his wage packet and goal bonus!

We needed the money, it's a sad situation! sad.gif

edit: Might frame my stead shirt!

Edited by modes98

I am personally disappointed with this transfer - I hope that it does not come back to haunt Rovers in the next few years; Hughesy knows more about strikers in his little toe nail than I do but I do think Jonathon has been ejected a little too rapidly. I just wonder if this could be a pivotal moment in his time as Rovers manger, if he finds another 2 strikers in the way he found the admiral and the axe then we will be very complementary on Sparky's ability to go goldmining. If we are left with Dickov & Cole, will this be the first sign that Sparky can't hack it? - time will tell.

Into fantasy mode - what about a front line of Benni / Bellamy - that would make me renew the season tickets immediately!

dickov or stead ?

dickov or stead ?

dickov or stead ?

the equation totally baffles me, can anyone help ??

totally saddened and will be very disappointed if Rovers do not replace him with quality mad.gif

323459[/snapback]

Do you think if we'd been offered £1.8m for Dickov it would have beeen turned down? The genuine nastiness expressed towards our top scorer on this board is unsettling.

I'm sorry Stead is gone, but if we can get in a proven goalscorer rather than taking a risk on a potential goalscorer...blah blah blah this has all been said a million times before.

Good luck Steadinho.

tinykit.gif

Do you think if we'd been offered £1.8m for Dickov it would have beeen turned down? The genuine nastiness expressed towards our top scorer on this board is unsettling.

323497[/snapback]

Slight difference in age and potential there!

Dickov was purchased for basically nothing and isn't worth alot, if somebody was to offer a million we would probally of accepted it. He does a job but it is almost impossible to play him up front with any other player. Whereas stead needs another player to play off.

It isn't a dislike of dickov it's simply that stead could be something big and dickov can't be anything more than what he is now!

I think this is best for Stead and Rovers. I feel as though we will be bringing in a new striker, subsequently Stead would have spent most of the season warming the bench.

As everyone is saying, so long as we bring in a better striker it will be job well done by Hughes.

I think he will have a really good season like Andy Johnson this season, and i hope he does, so long as it doesnt effect Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.