BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Many Have You Then?

When did you start watching Rovers ?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start watching Rovers ?

• Pre 1950
    • 1950 - 1954
    • 1955 - 1959
    • 1960 - 1964
    • 1965 - 1969
    • 1970 - 1974
    • 1975 - 1979
    • 1980 - 1984
    • 1985 - 1989
    • 1990 - 1994
    • 1995 - 1999
    • 2000 - 2004
    • Since Grobby were a twinkle in his daddy's eye

This poll is closed to new votes

This coming season will be my 40th watching Rovers and, since I started working in the mid 70s, virtually all have been as a season ticket holder.

First home game was against Carlisle in December 1966 - I can remember their team coach being snowballed as it made its way down Cravens Brow. First away game against Bury in 1967.

How many have you then? biggrin.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early seventies....Went on a Ribbledale Coach to Swindon for £1.80 and saw Ken Beamish make his Debut and introduce us to his famous Beamo shooting...Happy memories that year aof breaking down several times ..tand awaiting for the replacemenr coach..always made it on time..also we shared the train with the team on the League Liner..

First game was in 1955 against Leyton Orient at Ewood. I was 8 at the time and I sat over the wall on the riverside on those wooden benches with my feet touching the red pebbly track. i remember the orange ball which was used as the pitch seemed to be covered with about 10 feet of snow! We won 4-1 and i was hooked. My 50th year this time.

This will be my third season ticket, but thats because I only moved into the area a couple of years ago. I've been a supporter since '94 though and have been to a lot of games. The best is a draw between the League cup final and beating Fulham 4-3 at Loftus road last season (03/4).

October 1974 vs. Crystal Palace - our 3rd Division title season - we won 2-1. Roger Jones, Stuart Metcalfe, the unique Mr. Beamish and Don Martin (I think) spring to mind from that cold, wet evening on the upper stand of the Riverside, together with the noise that could be created stamping your feet on the wooden floor. At the tender age of 10, this was key feature!

Didn't bother with season tickets until the early 90's - never needed to until then as you could usually just turn up on the day.

The stick I took from plastic dingles at the time has always prepared me well for the subsequent reversal of fortunes.

The middlesbrough cup tie in that fixture list. So next February it's 44 years. Played a bit of football during my teens, but was down at Ewood whenever the games were called off, which pretty often.

Don't look who finished runners up in the table that season huh.gif

since the play offs, when i'd just moved to England. landed a free ticket for the final with my uncle, who was rooting for Leicester to lose.

Highlights for me have been Notts Forest and Liverpool away in the premiership season, shearer remembering me (i was about 13!), watching us dominate a couple of yorkshire tams in div1, and the end of season run in a couple of years back when we finished sixth.

Lowest points have been Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, The Grabbi saga (i honestly believed he would be great) and the Moscow incident.

Ive never been a season ticket holder, and further to that i think i've been to more away games every season than home games. When i go to a home game i make sure its Bolton or Man City (for the atmosphere), or (wishful thinking maybe) a european tie. I go to every game they play in Yorkshire, which unfortunately now is a rarity, but i cant really afford to get to many more than that, if i ever was in the position to afford a season ticket, i'm afraid i'd move back to Germany and go and watch Bayern. English footballs just too expensive for the atmosphere (unless your in a crowded away end)

Just finished my 12th season as Rovers supporter.

Never been to a game though.

Next time you watch Rovers on the telly why not get a fan switch it on full and pour water over your head so you can simulate our lovely Lancashire Weather!!!!!

All this should be done whilst wearing a T Shirt and shorts

Edited by Seggie

I'm moving to England in August/September for my first year with season ticket, and I just can't wait for the season to begin!

been at Ewood once, when we lost 3-1 to l'pool with Neill breaking Carraghers foot. Was in Cardiff at the FA cup semi final also

been a fan since 94

Edited by pks1984

Looks like Tony is going to be the"Father Of The House."

Me. I've had an ST for 15 years and attended regularly for 5 years before that.

Then again I've seen Brian Douglas and Fred Else play way back when my Dad took me in the very early 60's.

Just a suggestion, Mods: why not turn this into a "poll" just to have a look at how long we have all been going to Rovers.

It'll help the summer go by.

Been following since '94 so twelve seasons down now, hopefully many, many more to come. Amazing seeing some of the numbers being mentioned. Sadly within those twelve seasons I've yet to live close to enough to hold a season ticket, or to even make it to matches on a regular basis. Hopefully next year with me being in London I'll be able to make it to more.

Just finished my 12th season as Rovers supporter.

Never been to a game though.

Next time you watch Rovers on the telly why not get a fan switch it on full and pour water over your head so you can simulate our lovely Lancashire Weather!!!!!

324220[/snapback]

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip:

I'm actually doing some shopping on rovers store and spreading the word. My friends will start wearing/using rovers stuff too. rover.gif

hahahaa...

in texas, i'm used to hot hot heat, bone dry, wearing a rovers shirt and shorts... watching on my tv.

maybe a nice wet wind would be a nice change for a few games tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.