BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Supporters Assocciation

Those complaining about the make up of the founding group have no reason to complain or not join.

They were a group who were actually arse*d to get of their backside and set in motion the creation of a Rovers ISA.

They have stated that they are willing not to force themselves onto the comitte as it will be a democratically elected comittee voted for by the ISA members. An ISA gives all fans a voice and all have a chance for their say. The groundwork has been put in place and I cannot believe people are already trying to complain about it.

Don' complain, ask to join, become part of it and have a say. Find someone to put you up for comittee if you feel none on it share your vision.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise someone that is very opinionated but outspoken - someone like Theno wuld be good, just to show the rest of us that you are actually taking suggestions from all angles seriously - One of the biggest thing i feel is putting supporters off this club is the fact that those of us who don't reside in Lancs or don't go to every home game are regularly made to feel incredibly guilty for our circumstances. You wouldnt get that at a club like Man Utd or Liverpool!

325443[/snapback]

1) Theno.. - if he wanted to stand for election to a post, then he is welcome to as would be any member of the ISA. (there may have to be a mechanism around proposing and seconding etc dependant on numbers)

2) Those who dont reside in lancs.. - theres already a large number of people involved in the isa who have similar circumstances (Tris, Glenn, Scotty, Kiwiwannabe). Its difficult at present to involve foreign supporters in the setup meetings, but its certainly on the agenda how we gain that representation.

Other than that we need to stress that this isnt a messageboard thing, its just that the people who thought it up happened to be members and its an easy place to discuss things whilst its in an embryonic state.

325445[/snapback]

Cool. Can you not use real names when connected with BRISA then, rather than messageboard names?

325448[/snapback]

The meetings are minuted with real names and everybody addresses each other by their proper name.

Cool. Can you not use real names when connected with BRISA then, rather than messageboard names?

325448[/snapback]

I would expect that to be kind of mandatory if you are actively involved when its up and running. I know mine, Glenns and Pauls names are public domain now, and possibly quoted on the roversisa site in the meeting minutes.

Some poeple have expressed an interest in seeing an ISA setup, but in not taking a more active role going forwards, I would suggest that they may not want their names in the public domain for a number of personal reasons.

That is up to the individual, none of us are going to deliberately break the confidentiality that goes with this MB. All the real names are published on the BRISA web site.

One of the biggest thing i feel is putting supporters off this club is the fact that those of us who don't reside in Lancs or don't go to every home game are regularly made to feel incredibly guilty for our circumstances. You wouldnt get that at a club like Man Utd or Liverpool!

325443[/snapback]

Spot on. You hit the nail on the head...in other words you don't feel valued by the club and/or fellow supporters?

325446[/snapback]

Not so much the club, although getting the third degree to get an away ticket is a joke.

More the supporters, im sick of being told my opinion on a player/shirt/club decision is invalid because a visit to Ewood to hear people moan in a lancs accent rather than a yorks one means beans on toast for three weeks.

Didnt think about the confidentiality thing with the names, doh! dry.gif

Edited by andy82

Andy, if you're really interested, then contact admin. From there, you will be able to put any/all of your points across.

We are wary of using this m/b, for the reasons that you brought up - as far as the people already involved, they want this to be a completely democratic ISA, with no ties to this site. Some people on the original list of names might stand for positions on a committee, some wont stand for any post. It isn't being done for personal gain or fame.

As for Theno, he's more than welcome to stand for election, as is anyone. He's an intelligent guy, but I wouldn't put too much money on him standing or contributing. I could be wrong though.

Will there be a student discount? unsure.gif

Please do not try to find sinister intentions where none exist.

Looking at that list of names, i understand these intentions, you guys all seem to be a tight knit group who enjoy ripping the p*ss out of theno and a couple of others. I would certainly not be interested until i felt that the group was slightly more representative of Rovers fans

325433[/snapback]

What would you need, to be assured of that Andy?

325438[/snapback]

I certainly think that you need to have at least one foreign based member at the forefront (i dont understand exactly when the 'driving group' becomes a 'council'), as well as maybe a couple of names that arent messageboard celebrities. Otherwise someone that is very opinionated but outspoken - someone like Theno wuld be good, just to show the rest of us that you are actually taking suggestions from all angles seriously - One of the biggest thing i feel is putting supporters off this club is the fact that those of us who don't reside in Lancs or don't go to every home game are regularly made to feel incredibly guilty for our circumstances. You wouldnt get that at a club like Man Utd or Liverpool!

325443[/snapback]

The good news is, those are some of the very same reasons the ISA was thought about in the first place. As a non Blackburn resident who has bought 1 LET in the last 10 years I felt that the club was doing very little to get information to me. I set about trying to start a Yorkshire Branch of the ISA to attempt to address this but the clubs set up at the time prevented it happening. Also, after years of being involved with this site I've come to learn just how much more detatched non-UK based fans feel (often claiming this site is thier sole contact with the club, which is NOT how it should be at all).

Having non-UK based members on the comittee could prove tricky for attending meetings wink.gif but I do feel that their involvement is paramount, something that hopefully the more relaxed "branch" system will bring about. They are an area I feel was previous all but ignored by the club and shomething hopefully we can address.

So when does this messageboard move to the roversisa site?

325464[/snapback]

When the current admin (and the founder if he cares to voice his opinion smile.gif ) decide they want rid of the MB and the ISA decide they want it, I imagine. Should both of these not happen, then never I guess.

From the beginning it made sense that the ISA be a separate entity, not a MB thing. The ISA must become much wider than the MB to serve it's purpose. So, for the forseeable future I see no merit in merging the two (howver, you have a unique position on this, so I'd be intrested to hear your views, be it publily or privately). However, who knows what the future holds.

(Besides, I'm still fighting with nominet to get ownership of brfc-supporters, I don't want the hassle of trying to move it again wink.gif)

I would think that the BRISA having a messageboard on their website should be discussed at an eleceted comittee.

As we have seen here their are already factions within this messageboard and some who will not use this mesageboard. It may be best for an ISA to be careful, at least at first with ideas such as this.

Perhaps a messageboard purely on ISA news would be ok. But leave general rovers gossip etc on an place independant of the ISA.

Also, it has been previously stated that the ISA will be independant of BRFCS. If they launched their own messageboard it may draw a lot of BRFCS members onto it and the ISA may then been seen as being to closely linked to what was BRFCS.

My personal view is that I'm not sure the BRISA web-site should have a messageboard. But, if we did have one, it would only be open to BRISA members and would only discuss BRISA issues - whereas this messageboard (BRFCS.com) is open to all Rovers fans and anything can be discussed.

This is something we can discuss at the next BRISA steering group meeting.

Looking at that list of names, i understand these intentions, you guys all seem to be a tight knit group who enjoy ripping the p*ss out of theno and a couple of others. I would certainly not be interested until i felt that the group was slightly more representative of Rovers fans

325433[/snapback]

No in fairness you are wrong there andy. Apart from Scotty who as everybody knows is just plain ignorant I'd say the others are divided 50:50 between people with similar outlooks to myself and people who are diametrically opposed but who are mature and intelligent enough to discuss and debate in a proper manner...... thumbs-up.gif (Paul took quite a bit of training though but he's 'come to' a bit recently wink.gif )

As for Theno, he's more than welcome to stand for election, as is anyone. He's an intelligent guy, but I wouldn't put too much money on him standing or contributing. I could be wrong though.

325457[/snapback]

You are probably right there Den. Committees are most definitely not my scene. I wish you all luck and if asked (can't think why) to help in any way that I can I will gladly if it's within my powers to do so but I do adhere to an old truism frequently used by an ex work colleague of mine.......... "nothing works well that is run by a committee".

Paradoxically the same chap often said 'if you want to get a job done then ask a busy man' and I suspect that there are more than one or two of those in that group.

Good luck with it guys.

325433[/snapback]

No in fairness you are wrong there andy. Apart from Scotty who as everybody knows is just plain ignorant I'd say the others are divided 50:50 between people with similar outlooks to myself and people who are diametrically opposed but who are mature and intelligent enough to discuss and debate in a proper manner...... thumbs-up.gif (Paul took quite a bit of training though but he's 'come to' a bit recently wink.gif )

325481[/snapback]

Fair enough, ive not met any of them, just going on what i have picked up from here.

In that case, yeah, so long as Scottys not the spokesperson, sign me up! Also get the club to back it so that any member doesnt have to go through the database for tickets? Is this possible? I know some smaller clubs do this.

Where does that leave people like me, who disagree with the politics, but accept a lot [well some] of your views on footy?

325486[/snapback]

S' Obvious Den. You got one bit right but you need to spend more time and put more effort into thinking about politics of course. thumbs-up.gif

In that case, yeah, so long as Scottys not the spokesperson, sign me up!

325488[/snapback]

You'll be delighted to know Andy that I've no intention of being a spokesperson for anything - and I'm really quite angelic in real life. biggrin.gif

325283[/snapback]

That said, we were very surprised to learn of the disbanding of the official supporters asociation, that was never our intention.

325290[/snapback]

Glenn - When you look in the match day programmes at the supporters association section there are around nine branches, North lancs, South Lancs, London etc. Are these supporters club branches still in existence but now classed as independant rather than being BRFC based?

That said, we were very surprised to learn of the disbanding of the official supporters asociation, that was never our intention.

325290[/snapback]

Glenn - When you look in the match day programmes at the supporters association section there are around nine branches, North lancs, South Lancs, London etc. Are these supporters club branches still in existence but now classed as independant rather than being BRFC based?

325549[/snapback]

Some weeks ago (just before the ST packs were sent out) we were told the official supporters association branches had now been informed that the club is no longer providing official supporters associations and was replacing them with a membership scheme (available free to all ST holder).

However, we've recently learnt it's possible that not all the branches have been informed (or at least that not all their members know yet). This could mean the club intends them to carry on as before or it could just be the club hasn't informed them.

It has always been our hope that the ISA could encompass the existing SA branches and allow them to continue exactly as before (and hopefully we'll prove to be more useful to them than the club was).

Hope that's accuarte (I wasn't involved with the correspondance with the club over this) and answers your question.

325290[/snapback]

325549[/snapback]

Some weeks ago (just before the ST packs were sent out) we were told the official supporters association branches had now been informed that the club is no longer providing official supporters associations and was replacing them with a membership scheme (available free to all ST holder).

However, we've recently learnt it's possible that not all the branches have been informed (or at least that not all their members know yet). This could mean the club intends them to carry on as before or it could just be the club hasn't informed them.

It has always been our hope that the ISA could encompass the existing SA branches and allow them to continue exactly as before (and hopefully we'll prove to be more useful to them than the club was).

Hope that's accuarte (I wasn't involved with the correspondance with the club over this) and answers your question.

325558[/snapback]

That's pretty much right Glenn.

The club informed us [bRISA], that the OSA had been dissolved. The timing of BRISA going public was appropriate for some of the branches who have been serviced by the supporters association.

As you said, it appears as though some of the members, of at least some of the branches, haven't been informed.

I wish all you merry fleuklers well.........

Rovers are my main life interest outside of my family and my social life is in your hands sad.gif

Was most impressed on reading the minutes of your meetings in how serious and well organised you are.........

Please remember one thing - you lot count as fleurk when it comes to the success of Rovers........

You are all die-hards and will still be there when we join blackpooldersaddoseasiders in whatever division they are in.

What counts for OUR club is NOT the likes of youslers but the actions of the mythical floating fans, the loverlyladies who attended euro and our best matelers my best friends our asianpakoindibanglieosorWHATEVER puntlers who WILL determine our long term status - NOT YOU.....

Get them on board and pick up some of the flotsam and jetsam of Lancashire or we are to the premiership what the dead parrot is to Little Britain.

Good luck to you - but I hope you remove your myopic glasses for long enough to ensure that you are not merely the musicians playing the dirge at our premiership funeral unsure.gif

I wish all you merry fleuklers well.........

Rovers are my main life interest outside of my family and my social life is in your hands  sad.gif

Was most impressed on reading the minutes of your meetings in how serious and well organised you are.........

Please remember one thing - you lot count as fleurk when it comes to the success of Rovers........

You are all die-hards and will still be there when we join blackpooldersaddoseasiders in whatever division they are in.

What counts for OUR club is NOT the likes of youslers but the actions of the mythical floating fans, the loverlyladies who attended euro and our best matelers my best friends our asianpakoindibanglieosorWHATEVER puntlers who WILL determine our long term status - NOT YOU.....

Get them on board and pick up some of the flotsam and jetsam of Lancashire or we are to the premiership what the dead parrot is to Little Britain.

Good luck to you - but I hope you remove your myopic glasses for long enough to ensure that you are not merely the musicians playing the dirge at our premiership funeral  unsure.gif

325573[/snapback]

Elect this person.

For he or she doth speak sense and is the voice of reason biggrin.gif

Glenn, you missed my point. This is a fans messageboard, yet you've used it to pose a question (with out the question mark wink.gif) "what is wrong with the club", which is obviously being used to gain somesort of idea as what areas the ISA will focus on.

Rather strange.

Glenn, you missed my point. This is a fans messageboard, yet you've used it to pose a question (with out the question mark wink.gif) "what is wrong with the club", which is obviously being used to gain somesort of idea as what areas the ISA will focus on.

Rather strange.

325632[/snapback]

That was purley down to a mixture of bad timing and lazyness on my part. It'd be pointless claiming the ISA wasn't in my mind when I started the topic, but at that point I thought it would be some time before the ISA was spoken of openly on here, certainly not within a matter of hours. With hindsight asking the same question on some of the other boards would have been better (which is where the lazyness comes into it).

As you can imagine, we've been talking about "what to focus on" for many months now (the initial sparks of the ISA where started nearly 2 years ago !), it was just a way of checking we shared others view on these areas. It also proved my theory, that on the whole, people think the club is currently doing a damn fine job are there isn't a lot to tinker with, despite the constant whinging.

I'll agree that as we are trying our damndest to separate the ISA and the MB, posing that question soley on here perhaps wasn't a good move.

And besides, you've known me long enough to know that "rather stange" is probably quite an apt description of me wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.