SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Supporters Assocciation

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Of all the 'ISA's' mooted in the last 20 years, this sounds like the most toothless yet. What is another going do that the others haven't?

tinykit.gif  cool.gif

330125[/snapback]

I'd be interested to know why you think that. I'm not aware of any other ISA's in the last 20 years so I can't compare, but if we attract enough members then I don't think we'd be toothless at all.

Have you signed up with admin to see all the extra info about BRISA? If not then I'd ask you, or anyone else for that matter, to do so. If you're still not impressed then let us know what we could do to impress you - or better still become actively involved in the formation of BRISA. We need all the help we can get.

Sounds very well meaning, and I think there will be lots of interest.

We should be careful not to fragment support by simply adding websites/boards.

Consolidation of the current organisations would produce a bigger voice. Suggest abolition of Fan's Forum - it is too ineffective.

Also events organised to coincide with visits from the Irish, Norwegian and other overseas groups who only visit Ewood a few times per season.

More comprehensive matchday travel for the 'North West' area. Currently, Darwen sends 4 or 5 buses to each home game, originally the brain child of Darwen Blues, and one from North Lancs. But Ribble Valley has had nothing for 25 years except for the Valley Blues in the 80's. The current transport available is very patchy and not coordinated. Look to the example of Charlton Athletic - subsidised transport covering surrey/Kent.

Why not try park and ride schemes on match days say from:

a Guide

b Samlesbury

c Botany Bay / Astley park

With guaranteed fast track return after match. This would reduce traffic at Ewood.

A long term goal could be to take the license of the Blues Bar (on a lease?)

and introduce 6 or 7 Real Ales and widen its appeal to more fans than ST holders on match days, and get rid of all the American/Canadian pap that adorns the place.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

MC - if you havnt PM'd admin already ask to get into the area. Some of the points you raise we are trying to address but more feedback and input (and help!) is actively being sought. This certainly doesnt intend to be a "BRFCS only" initiative - and to my knowledge we are all dead against it.

PM admin for access to a provisional BRISA area, simply until we get off the ground and work this thing out properly.

Have a read of the threads in the area, and contribute wherever you like.

No need to copy and paste this.

Perhaps a stupid question, but if you want as many people to be involved as possible, why not make the ISA section available to everyone by default?

That way we can see if we like what the ISA is about and get all the information we need.

Surely all BRISA information should be available to everyone?

But that's not the area of this site that you get access to has hinted at by Stu Wilky

330502[/snapback]

Yep Biddy - I've been on this site and seen the minutes.

Alan - I'm no Einstein but if all the founders of BRISA are BRFCS.com members, surely to Shearer they'll read this thread???

Biddy & MCMC1875 I just posted the link to the BRISA web site, which gives details in the form of a question and answer plus a contact link to the BRISCA admin.

Agreed re. your comments about BRFCS members being founder members of BRISCA, but you dont have to be a member of this site to read it. This site and the BRISA site is open to the general public.

It just so happens that the people who got off their backsides, and I'm not one, to try and forge a better link between the club and the fans are members of this site. Those involved as I understand it have been in contact with various supporters groups with a view to meeting prior to a public launch.

This site at present is a convenient catalyst in helping in the formation of an independant supporters group, however, my personal opinion for what it's worth, is that this site and BRISA should have separate identities.

We should be careful not to fragment support by simply adding websites/boards.

330363[/snapback]

This is something that we're very aware of. This is why we've contacted all the existing supporters associations we can think of, and other unofficial fan groups to tell them about BRISA. So as to not give the impression that this is an internet-only thing.

Edited by cn174

Perhaps a stupid question, but if you want as many people to be involved as possible, why not make the ISA section available to everyone by default? 

That way we can see if we like what the ISA is about and get all the information we need.

Surely all BRISA information should be available to everyone?

330496[/snapback]

The ISA forum started as a discussion area to develop ideas prior to going public. To discuss everything in public would have achieved little and probably have been negative.

Everyone who has expressed an interest in BRISA has been given access to all the discussion that has taken place......but interestingly only around 20 have shown sufficient interest to e-mail admin@roversisa.co.uk asking for more info.

But this is the part that I don't understand. You want as many people as possible to be involved and from all sites/supporters clubs, yet you keep the BRISA discussion threads hidden.

Why not unhide them, perhaps make them read-only and then people can see what discussions are taking place (to feel in the loop) then if they chose to join in, then contact admin to get write access to the area.

But this is the part that I don't understand.  You want as many people as possible to be involved and from all sites/supporters clubs, yet you keep the BRISA discussion threads hidden.

Why not unhide them, perhaps make them read-only and then people can see what discussions are taking place (to feel in the loop) then if they chose to join in, then contact admin to get write access to the area.

330887[/snapback]

First of all I'm not sure admin / mods can even do what you suggest - perhaps one of them can let us know?

Secondly, we're desperately trying not to give the impression that BRISA is a BRFCS.com thing. Making the BRISA discussion forum public on BRFCS will just make people think it is. All anyone has to do is send an e-mail to get access to all the BRISA discussions.

We'll be making everything a lot more public over the next few weeks as we get closer to holding the first BRISA public meeting.

But this is the part that I don't understand.  You want as many people as possible to be involved and from all sites/supporters clubs, yet you keep the BRISA discussion threads hidden.

330887[/snapback]

The BRISA discussion thread is not hidden it is open to ANYONE who expresses an interest in BRISA by e-mailing admin@roversosa.co.uk It is not a general forum on here because this would imply BRISA is an off-shoot of brfcs.com which it most definetley is not.

It could be made a read only thread but this would simply generate multiple threads on the subject in other areas of brfcs.com, which we do not want as it is nothing to do with brfcs.com.

Regarding getting people involved we spent two whole days writing, mailing and calling every Rovers association/group/club we could collectively think of. Everyone of those got a personal letter, e-mail plus a copy of the draft constitution and an FAQ - this is hardly out of the loop.

Again ANYONE who wants to read all the BRISA discussion just needs to e-mail admin@roversisa.co.uk

Just to add again to the debate. For sure, BRISA will be up and running shortly into the new season. Some of us have already taken part in meetings between ourselves and the club. There are more meetings planned - one of them tomorrow night [between ourselves, not the club]. Everyone who would like to help us get up and running and to become practically involved - please contact admin at the email address previously given. We do need help, there is a lot to do.

In fact anyone who does contact admin will be welcome to attend that meeting, and any other meeting from then on. Details can be seen on the forum that will become visible to you.

Finally, to stress - the only reason not to open everything up to all members on here, is the fact that we really don't want this to be seen as a messageboard based initiative. If we did that, it could be seen by people as being a BRFCS.com organisation. It wont be.

I like the way this discussion reads and agree with many of the points raised. Where do I find out more about BRISA and how can I offer my support?

332266[/snapback]

If you read Paul's post two posts up you'll see what you have to do to get more info.

Edited by Scotty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.