BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Supporters Assocciation

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the meeting go well the other night?

332321[/snapback]

Did your tape recorder not work then? biggrin.gif

Yes it went well and it was nice to see some new faces there as well. However it did demonstrate that there's still an awful lot left for us to do before we can officially launch.

I think Paul's hoping to knock up some minutes today.

What would Paul know? He was one of the last to turn up. Actually I think that was Bob

332350[/snapback]

Jeeeez, that's a bit scary.....just how far from Ewood do the chips in the STs scan for? biggrin.gif

Next time, don't hold it in my local tongue.gif
We're not tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This months When Saturday Comes magazine includes a separate season preview section where a fan of every league club writes a short piece on how they feel their club's season will pan out.

One of the questions they have to answer is "If you owned your club what would you do?". Amongst other things Bruce Wilkinson, the chap who wrote the Rovers preview, states that he'd invite a representative of the newly-formed Rovers ISA onto the board!

We've got national publicity already and we've not even publically launched yet! Nice one Bruce, whoever you are.

This months When Saturday Comes magazine includes a separate season preview section where a fan of every league club writes a short piece on how they feel their club's season will pan out. 

One of the questions they have to answer is "If you owned your club what would you do?".  Amongst other things Bruce Wilkinson, the chap who wrote the Rovers preview, states that he'd invite a representative of the newly-formed Rovers ISA onto the board!

We've got national publicity already and we've not even publically launched yet!  Nice one Bruce, whoever you are.

336510[/snapback]

Incidentally, I've been invited by a friend of mine to come along to your next meeting, am I allowed?

thumbs-up.gif

Incidentally, I've been invited by a friend of mine to come along to your next meeting, am I allowed?

thumbs-up.gif

336606[/snapback]

My head tells me somebody else should answer this, but as it's all gone quiet I guess I'll have to wink.gif (pepare yourself for some unintential foot-in-mouth gaff from me, they seem to be somewhat common at the moment). The following is my opinion and hasn't been discussed why anyone else involved with the ISA <end disclaimer>.

Lee, you must apreciate you are in a somewhat unique position. Firstly as a Rovers fan that actually likes to get of their arse and DO something about problems rather than just moaning about them, you were obviously one of the first people whos name came up when this was nothing more than an idea. However the one of the initial aims of the ISA was to be independant of the club, who happen to also be your employers, which created a slight problem, as certainly during the initially planning stage, we felt revealing too much to the club might not be a great move.

That said, one of the aims of the ISA is to be open an honest, and the next meeting is geared toward talking to heads of existing "supporters groups" (of which the official website is undoubtedly one), so I can no only see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed, but in fact I'd argue you perhaps should have been formally invited.

It was the head of one of the former supporters groups who has invited me along for a pint. I thought it better to ask rather than just turn up and lurk at the bar ph34r.gif .

Edited by Lee

I might be going over old ground here but is there an official launch date for the ISA?

Also, has anyone discussed the setting up of the ISA on the official message board on the Rovers website?

337828[/snapback]

There is a suggested time for the official launch of BRISA and as far as I know, there has been no direct contact between BRISA and the official site.

If you are interested in knowing more, then contact admin@roversisa.co.uk. The setting up of regional groups is on the agenda and any input is welcome.

I might be going over old ground here but is there an official launch date for the ISA?

Also, has anyone discussed the setting up of the ISA on the official message board on the Rovers website?

337828[/snapback]

The next meeting is with the heads of existing supporters associations (Ewood Blues and the like and former heads of the former official supporters groups have been invited). It is hoped that after this everyone will have a better idea of how BRISA will function with regard to regional groups.

I'm hoping that the plan for regional groups can also be applied to non-geographic groups such as the official site and brfcs.com

Interesting.

What do you have in mind?

337855[/snapback]

*I* don't have anything in mind, BRISA is a collective, all I can do is put my ideas forward. However I've felt non-attending fans (i.e. exiles like yourself) have previously been very poorly represented in front of the club (hell, I feel cut off in Yorkshire as I don't have access to the LET, so you guys must find it far harder), so it's something I hope could be addressed.

Actually, thinking about it, so far I'm only aware of a single non-UK based fan who has come forward to ask about getting involved with the ISA, perhaps they need better input into the ISA, not just the club.

thumbs-up.gif

336606[/snapback]

I very much hope you will be there.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.