BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures Discussion

The way the past couple of seasons have been . . .

promoted sides starting with a W; Wolves, West Brom . . . Wigan?

326173[/snapback]

Close with West Ham Ronin. Good for me as a ground within staggering distance.

Having listened to the West Ham fans I know, this is potentially a good starting away fixture, as last season they weren't even that good a Championship side.

Saying that, the last time we travelled there, we were their first home win in ages!

Surprised for a change we haven't got Spurs for the final game this season.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Blueboy- a lot better than last season's unbalanced effort. There is a problem run of away games in Sept/Oct: Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal in succession but the home games in between are all probable mid-table affairs.

We have an opening run of fixtures which should yield points providing we can attack as well as defend.

A potentially good start for us. We can almost definitely improve upon last season, if we mix all the right ingredients together. Looking forward to the start and a full season under Mark Hughes.

First 6 games are winable, 24 points, top of the league  thumbs-up.gif

326344[/snapback]

If we could get 24 points from 6 games I'd be most impressed. That would have to be some sort of a record. tongue.gif

Seeing that we're playing West Ham 1st, does this means that they'll be in a relegation battle like the last few teams we've started off with? biggrin.gif

Anyway, what's wrong with getting 4 points for winning each of our 1st 6 games? wink.gif

Maybe they'll give us bonus points for scoring more than 1 goal! smile.gif

Edited by Gareth

Promoted teams tend to do well on the first weekend.

I'll predict a 3-0 defeat, roadworks on the M1 will cause almost all Rovers fans to miss the game, Hughes gets sacked, Emerton retires and every one on this board is optimistic about the rest of the season.

Wigan must be in cloud cuckoo land at the moment. Chelsea home first game, last ever game at Highbury at end of season.

Pleased for Mr. Whelan - let him enjoy.

And what's gone wrong with the computer - we ALWAYS play Spurs away at the end of the season.

I'm not so optimistic as to predict 24 or 18 or whatever points.... it would be nice to be out of single digits-- 12 being a bonus! West Ham will be up for it on Opening Day, I would have preferred an established club to kick off the festivities.

Having the fixtures out puts everything into perspective--the league will shortly resume and don't have to watch some of this vapid International fare for my footballing jones.

tinykit.gif

Edited by blue/white

It's not a bad start to have at all, especially after the nightmare we were facing early last season. Depending on how we shape up with new signings and who is fit, there isn't a game we don't have at least a fair chance in for the whole opening month. Too many London clubs for my liking though.

Edited by Radagast

i applied for the fixtures by texting and they didint come because the people at rovers are ######

326537[/snapback]

blink.gif

Seeing as I'm the person who sends the text messages out, I can assure you that four texts confirming the fixtures were done this morning.

Did you send the correct code to sign up?

fairplay we should have a well good start to the season!!

hoping we get at least 4 wins from the first 6 games otherwise the lads are having a laugh if they think we are going to have a decent season!!

west ham away should be the start of pardews downfall to be the first prem manager fired of the season

fairplay we should have a well good start to the season!!

hoping we get at least 4 wins from the first 6 games otherwise the lads are having a laugh if they think we are going to have a decent season!!

west ham away should be the start of pardews downfall to be the first prem manager fired of the season

326545[/snapback]

They'll be up for it- but we should really be looking to win games like West Ham. They finished 6th in Division One- and we've got to look at it as a good opportunity for 3 points. On the other hand- West Ham will be looking at it as a game they should win- so should be interesting.

i applied for the fixtures by texting and they didint come because the people at rovers are ######

326537[/snapback]

I am glad to see that you can put your point across with no rudeness wink.gif

Even if you have signed up correctly and the test were sent correctly that is not gaurantee that you will always get the text immediately/quickly. Due to how a GSM mobile network works messages may take, dependant on operator, days to arrive if an error occur during initial sending (the retry systems in a network are quite complicated).

Finally, dont criticise the club for something just becuase you didnt get a service that requires

a ) you to have signed up to it correctly

b ) your netowkr to work correctly.

There are plenty of other issues that could occur so perhaps next time so should not make comments as above but post something a little less accusatory (and rude).

Edited by streakyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.