BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures Discussion

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anybody else has picked up on it before but our opening games never seem to be the glamour ones if you know what I mean and we always seem to either play a team that has struggled the previous season or has just been promoted.

We normally play promoted teams, beginning with the letter W.

Derby away first season back was OK, wouldn't mind that again.

Derby away first season back was OK, wouldn't mind that again.

So its Werby now is it OJ :D;)

Anyway remember that game - its when Dunn got crocked by Ravenelli and has not been the same since.

Fab Rav booted Dunny up in the air-it was down near us, you could here Dunn scream as he got wacked.

Ravioli scored from a great free kick, (on Derby debut), I think Malcolm Christe poached a second. Blakey then notched, and we would have got a draw if the ref had not disallowed a perfectly legit Jansen goal in the last minute. Not much has changed then eh?

Loads of Rovers fans went, and it got a bit tasty outside too with the Derby fans after the match. Funny ground PP, a bit like St Marys it is round and can be a bit dis-orientating from the outside.

2001-2002 Derby

2002-2003 Sunderland

2003-2004 Wolves :tu:

2004-2005 West Brom :tu:

2005-2006 West Ham :tu:

2006-2007 Porstmouth

3 out of 6 since we came back to the Prem.

(sad northern statto, I'm just a sad northern statto!)

Fab Rav booted Dunny up in the air-it was down near us, you could here Dunn scream as he got wacked.

Ravioli scored from a great free kick, (on Derby debut), I think Malcolm Christe poached a second. Blakey then notched, and we would have got a draw if the ref had not disallowed a perfectly legit Jansen goal in the last minute. Not much has changed then eh?

Loads of Rovers fans went, and it got a bit tasty outside too with the Derby fans after the match. Funny ground PP, a bit like St Marys it is round and can be a bit dis-orientating from the outside.

Ref gesturing "get up" at Dunn, as if he'd dived. Bloody shambles that.

Missed the aggro I'm happy to say.

2003-2004 Wolves

We thought it was the new dawn, with Amo, Emerton both scoring and playing wonderfull football. 5-1 demolition, I recall walking back up the LBR, in glorious hot sunshine seriously thinking we would be in the top 4 that year, and how bad the Wolves fans must feel after the first game back in the top flight ended in an absolute battering.

1993-94 Chelsea

Last visit for me to Stamford Bridge, a 2-0 win. Possibly Glen Hoddles fisrt match in charge, Newelly and Ripley-ey I think scored for us. See away ends thread for description of the terracing Chelsea had then. Remember clearly swooning at being informed that a match day programme cost £2.00!!!

1987 ish-Sunderland

Tried in vain to hitch-hike from Chorley, got to Ferrybridge services, walked up the A1 for 2 miles, then realised it was 2.30pm and decided to start hitch back Lancashire-wards. Got home around half 9.

The best of the lot...

1992-93 Crystal Palace

Crammed in the corner section terrace, still blind drunk from the night before talking codshyte to Palace fans through the fence about wether Tranmere really existed! Shearer, Shearer Shearer. Gutted at late equaliser but overall happy.

Edited by ozziejones

1993-94 Chelsea

Last visit for me to Stamford Bridge, a 2-0 win. Possibly Glen Hoddles fisrt match in charge, Newelly and Ripley-ey I think scored for us. See away ends thread for description of the terracing Chelsea had then. Remember clearly swooning at being informed that a match day programme cost £2.00!!!

Same here, hot day if I remember as well

A

s for Derby, aggro started before the match with the police turning around a coach of Rovers fans somewhere in Derby and I think word got around

After the match Rovers fans where trying to get into the Derby end

Same here, hot day if I remember as well

A

s for Derby, aggro started before the match with the police turning around a coach of Rovers fans somewhere in Derby and I think word got around

After the match Rovers fans where trying to get into the Derby end

I hope its Bolton first game,first game of season ,it will guarantee a full house.

Derby at home ,why not.........I hate Derby,I would love us to thrash them,but nothing against Mceveley, good luck to lad.

I hope its Bolton first game,first game of season ,it will guarantee a full house.

I like the sound of that, it would make a change from the poor away followings to that place in recent seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the sound of that, it would make a change from the poor away followings to that place in recent seasons.

Well after all that we don't get to play Bolton till 2008,but I'm happy whoever we play.Let's just get out of the blocks quick for a change.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.