BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boardroom Restructure At Ewood

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is very interesting news - while JW role may not change that much, there have obviously been discussions about stream-lining the club at board level for a reason.

Note the link between turnover and the money we will be spending in the transfer market.

Note the link between turnover and the money we will be spending in the transfer market.

327597[/snapback]

I think that is one of the most important honest quotes you will see from any Chairman, let's face it we dont want a Ridsdale type character in with short term plans for success leading to an inevitable collapse of the club once the money has run out.

We have to be realistic we have a small fan base shrinking every year. if all these people who want to see us signing top players actually came to watch a macth or bought a season ticket then we would obviously have more funds available.

Good luck Mr williams.

Edited by mattym

Even if the new role is not that disimilar to his old one, I say well done to Mr Williams - its great to see recognition for the great job that he's been doing for Rovers in his time here. Not sure how this change will affect the running of the club, I suppose I'll need to wait and see - unless some enlightened sort wants to speculate on it?

So we don't actually have a CEO anymore? Will the buck stop with the chairman now? Anyone know if this will affect Coar getting onto the Premier League Chairman Panel (or whatever it is)?

Maybe philipl, Jan or anyone else who knows about these things can tell us whether this will actually make much difference.

The key change there, is David Brown joining the board. Whereas some people have wanted the Walker family to sever their ties with the club, this actually cements them.

Good it is, too.

327607[/snapback]

Enter Vinjay stage left tongue.gif

Some people are never satisfied - Will Robert Coar still be allowed on the Premier league board of representatives even though he isn't chairman?

327602[/snapback]

Just spoke to my Brother at the FA, he says that if Coar is trimming back his role at the club it may even strengthen his position at the FA.

Duff's Minder, Wiggy and Den have all got it spot on IMO.

I don't think this will impact on the transfer market one way or another- we have been pretty effective there even if the Managers occasionally chose inappropriate targets.

However, the lines of communication have been shortened and John Williams is probably the better man to battle for Rovers' interests as Executive Chairman within the Prem when Glazer starts trying to rip us off.

Interestingly, Rovers probably now have a more effective and stremlined Management structure than most other Prem clubs. Whereas the other Prem Chairmen are ego-tripping rich hobbyists for the most part, we have a thorough professional in that slot now.

Robert Coar has been around a long time and that counts for an enormous amount in FA circles. He probably carries more weight for Rovers in football circles than anyone since Bill Fox.

The most significant appointment is that of David Brown. A direct link with the trust fund will undoubtedly lead to quicker decision making and faster work in the transfer market.

327606[/snapback]

I will make it my priority to ensure Benni McCarthy signs before Pre-Season training commences.

Regards

David

I think that this move was made to ensure that JW doesn't get poached by another club. He has shown his skill in the job and must have been the envy of some of the other Prem clubs.

It will be more difficult for him to move now.

Perhaps we are all missing a crucial point.

Congratulations to Tom Finn on becoming MD.

I wait to be corrected but I don't think I've seen a negative post on any MB about Tom. No doubt, that's about to change but safe to say, he's done a brilliant job with the supporters so far...

den has made a good point about David Brown. He came out of retirement to chair Flybe and turn it around which he did extraordinarilly successfully. He stepped down as Chairman in March and new Chairman John french has a remit to sell Flybe as it is now so large it represents a disproportionate amount of the Walker Trust's assets.

There is an interesting line in the uncopyable official site: JW will be responsible for strategic direction including possible new investment for the club. TF will be responsible for day-to-day management.

As the more exciteable MB members won't read this thread, I doubt that will set too many hares running.

• Backroom

Two bits of good news in one swoop !

One.. Appointment of JW as Chairman.. Well done, and richly deserved.

Two.. David Brown joins the board.. This has to be good news as it keeps us firmly tied with the trust

I have great faith in these appointments doing nothing but good for Rovers, makes me glad I renewed my ST thumbs-up.gif

rover.gif thank god we have got rid off that burnley basket as chairman,but we have replaced him with a bigger clown tinykit.gif

327600[/snapback]

You are joking aren't you?

Williams is probably the best signing we made in the Jack Walker era, apart from Alan Shearer.

You are joking aren't you?

Williams is probably the best signing we made in the Jack Walker era, apart from Alan Shearer.

327679[/snapback]

mjs this is coming from a guy who thought we should 'throw the youngsters' in last season. Take it with a pinch of salt laugh.gif

Two bits of good news in one swoop !

One.. Appointment of JW as Chairman.. Well done, and richly deserved.

Two.. David Brown joins the board.. This has to be good news as it keeps us firmly tied with the trust

327672[/snapback]

Three.. Tom Finn as MD which should rule out any possibility of him moving on

Really good news. tinykit.gif

Rovers really showing a new seasonal-sense of positivity.

I do agree with most on here that having David Brown is a signifcant appointment for Rover's in regards to the trustees, but could it be possible now with this appointment, that deceisions will be based on more 'good business', rather than whats good for the club? unsure.gif

Anyway, heres to more good news to follow... thumbs-up.gif

Edited by AussieinUk

Well it certainly makes the board look a lot more like one in a normal business, in which case I will expect normal business rules to apply.

The buck does indeed stop with the Executive Chairman: no more bleating about fans not turning up - get the commercial plan right; no more failed seasons where salary bills are aimed at finishing in the top ten but we spend most of the time in the bottom three - hold the manager accountable for players bought and sold and avoid a repetition of Souness's last year; and most importantly - be a lot more creative about sourcing external investment so that Hughes can be given the tools to do the job.

I sincerely hope he succeeds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.