BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boardroom Restructure At Ewood

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Villareal board was brilliant in letting them sign Forlan!

328926[/snapback]

As were the brum board for signing Figueroa, for a £2.5mil and then letting him leave 5 months after on a free! and now he's first choice from argentina! laugh.gif

if we are to accept every negative suggestion/idea regarding this discussion then one thing is evident above all others.

BRFC is being paddled slowly but surely to the Championship mad.gif

I for one thing the board are doing a fine job.

They cant please everyone and I think they are well aware that Rovers performances over the past 2 years have been truly awful at home.

Its time to bring the good times back to the home of Lancashire Football, that surely is the starting point for trying to boost our home crowd and to bring back our missing supporters. Once this is addressed the fans will come back.

It's part of the terms and conditions of the standard contract produced by the League managers association that a manager has complete autonomy over the footballing side of matters and in the hiring and firing of his backroom staff.

So hypothetically if Hughes is given a transfer budget of 10m quid and wants to sign Grabbi for 7m, a figure well within that budget, in theory the Board shouldn't intervene.

If however he wants to sign someone for say 12m, a figure above that budget, it's then down to the Board to either refuse the request or justify it on the basis it's an exceptional player etc.

So hypothetically if Hughes is given a transfer budget of 10m quid and wants to sign Grabbi for 7m, a figure well within that budget, in theory the Board shouldn't intervene.

329006[/snapback]

Not even to ask him if he's actually seen the player....in the flesh ?

Call me cynical , but any chairman or CE should be asking very serious questions before he releases £7 million . Is there any proof that the bloke can kick a ball would be a reasonable one to begin with ?

Not even to ask him if he's actually seen the player....in the flesh ?

Call me cynical , but any chairman or CE should be asking very serious questions before he releases £7 million . Is there any proof that the bloke can kick a ball would be a reasonable one to begin with ?

329056[/snapback]

Especially given Souness's previous with George Weah's cousin

It's part of the terms and conditions of the standard contract produced by the League managers association that a manager has complete autonomy over the footballing side of matters and in the hiring and firing of his backroom staff.

329006[/snapback]

I'll bet the likes of Deadly Doug and Ken Bates would rather suck worms than sign up to those conditions! smile.gif

At last, a professional board instead the local butchers, bakers & candlestick brigade.

tinykit.gif   cool.gif

330128[/snapback]

Theres three angles to that point.

1. Professionals can drop a huge bollax by overspending somebody elses money that sees us broke and relegated and simply move on to another job. They'd be miffed at worst.

2. Supporter directors are stuck at one club and are far more aware of the consequences of gambling with the future of he club. They'd be heartbroken.

and

3. "local butchers, bakers & candlestick brigade"......... err and steel magnates?!

there's something to be said for a nice mix of board members.

Edited by thenodrog

• 2 weeks later...

Today's news that Andy Cole is in fact worth half a million, as opposed to the nothing we got for him, despite being a year older and slower, prompted me to reflect on the fact that we may not have been so well served by our ace negotiator as many people seem to think.

We have a plethora of players on the books who were given contracts significantly longer than their ability to earn a place in the team, at wages significantly higher than other teams' willingness to take them on. In contrast, when was the last time we lost a player we didn't want to because his contract was too short and got a Bosman or we weren't paying enough?

Promote that man!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the specific contribrutions made by each of the outgoing directors? Were these portfolios originally correct:

Iain Stanners - ground.

Keith Lee - commercial.

George Root - financial.

Should Rob Coar have demonstrated a more visible and audible performance as Chairman of high profile organisation?

• 1 month later...

Admin ........Put this onto the recent thread (that I cannot find) on boardroom changes if you want.

Anyway...... I understand that following the recent changes where Williams is now Chairman and Coar and Mathewman are off the board, it appears that Club President and ex-chairman 'Bill' Bancroft has not been offered his usual seat in the Directors box. Apparently it is something that he has 'said' to someone on high. dry.gif

Bloody shabby way to treat a true lifetime supporter of the club by people who are not proper BRFC supporters but who only ever came here for a fat salary package imo. mad.gif

And imo just another clear sign of the underlying intention of the powers that be to sell the club. Time will tell.

Edited by thenodrog

I just wondered where the bit about Bancroft had come from.

Personal contacts, I guess.

350808[/snapback]

You guessed right Den. No names no pack drill but I am quite certain that the Bancroft directors box ticket allocation (4 I think) has indeed been withdrawn. I believe it's for 'something said' which does seem rather churlish to a dedicated Rover.

Maybe our man on the inside Lee would be prepared to dig around and shed some light on the matter. huh.gif

I had thought until now that Chairman John was merely overpaid and, when it comes to contracts, selling corporate boxes and imaginatively filling the ground - less than competent. But this news worries me a lot - last thing we need is a power-crazed meglomaniac.

Bancroft personally dipped into his pocket in the dark days; Willams would have no club to "lead" if it wasn't for him . How dare they ban him? Whatever he said - I agree with it.

I would hope the Blackburn end strike up a pro-Bancroft chant at the next game and keep it up until Bill is treated with the respect he deserves.

It is sad when (if it is true) an old timer who had done so much for the club, is snubbed like this. However, it is very naive to immediately jump on the club's back if some of the things I've heard going back over the last ten years are true.

It is sad when (if it is true) an old timer who had done so much for the club, is snubbed like this. However, it is very naive to immediately jump on the club's back if some of the things I've heard going back over the last ten years are true.

350916[/snapback]

Prey tell Phil?

I had thought until now that Chairman John was merely overpaid and, when it comes to contracts, selling corporate boxes and imaginatively filling the ground - less than competent.  .

350915[/snapback]

You mean basically doing the job he so handsomely pays himself for not doing!

Its a far cry from the early 90's when we were innovators in football. Now the board seem clueless - cue crap "atmosphere" music and blow up dolls.

All I'll say is there’s two sides to every story... and no I don’t know anything that’s gone on.

Edited by OscarRaven

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.