BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket Anyone?

Guest Kamy100

modes98 - out of interests have you done an all nighter? Or just very little sleep...

Ahhh, summer holidays - enjoy them while you can!

331970[/snapback]

I go to bed at 2:30 get up at 10:30 watch the wright stuff and then come online!

It's A-level holidays, with work starting next week, so games this week! tongue.gif

I bought Cricket 2004 last weekend in preparation for the ashes. I cana see all it's faults but, as it only cost me a tenner, I'm getting quite into it. The only problem I've got is as stated that even the likes of Bangladesh and Canada can start smashing you out of the ground when need be. To solve this I end up having to put all my fielders bar about 2 on the off side. Anything on the stumps or down leg side gets hit for four or six but any ball thats not tossed up on the off side the cpu struggles with.

I bought Cricket 2004 last weekend in preparation for the ashes. I cana see all it's faults but, as it only cost me a tenner, I'm getting quite into it. The only problem I've got is as stated that even the likes of Bangladesh and Canada can start smashing you out of the ground when need be. To solve this I end up having to put all my fielders bar about 2 on the off side. Anything on the stumps or down leg side gets hit for four or six but any ball thats not tossed up on the off side the cpu struggles with.

334179[/snapback]

Are you playing 20/20 cricket? There's a bug in that one where anything 10 or 20 overs is pretty much unplayable because even the weakest players can smash around the strongest bowlers.

Im not very happy with the fact that Brian Lara Cricket has no fatigue setting for bowlers, bit unrealistic, hopefully they will come out with a patch or something to fix that, glad to have my copy though it is a good game.

Are you playing 20/20 cricket? There's a bug in that one where anything 10 or 20 overs is pretty much unplayable because even the weakest players can smash around the strongest bowlers.

334205[/snapback]

I am playing 20/20 and have just bowled Australia out for 70 off only about 13 overs. No smashing me out of the ground.

Line and length mate. smile.gif

I am playing 20/20 and have just bowled Australia out for 70 off only about 13 overs. No smashing me out of the ground.

Line and length mate.  smile.gif

334320[/snapback]

I shall have to have a go at that later. How many run-outs? smile.gif

My mate has both Cricket 2005 and now Brain Lara and said that Brian Lara is even worse than Cricket05. But that wont stop me buying a cricket game. Has anyone else got Brian Lara , and is it better than Cricket 05?

334281[/snapback]

I've got Brian Lara and quite enjoy it. It's tough going, especially the batting I find. Though it's not hard to stay in, it's very tough to score runs. If you try and score runs you get out. Finding out exactly how to take wickets is tough, though slowly getting better, easier in the one day games.

I shall have to have a go at that later. How many run-outs? smile.gif

334324[/snapback]

Run outs for them not too many.

Runouts for me - loads!

One annoying things is that twice the game has frozen after a dismissal. I've left it for about 10 minutes and it is just locked.

I was in a world cup once and the resume button just refused to work after a while. I could access all the stats etc, but it just wouldn't resume, even if I saved, restarted and tried again. Incredibly annoying. Would be a much better game if they ironed out all these flaws.

I got 2005 about 2 weeks ago, having read all of the stuff on here I feel much better about being rubbish at it biggrin.gif

My favourite shot is the leg glance using the 6 hit button, coming down the wicket. If the field placings are nice, you can score a lot of runs - best I've made in 1 innings was 331, best with one batsmen 88 (Mal Loye). It is a bit random though - you can play two shots identically, one goes for 6, the next goes straight up in the air. Very frustrating.

Anyway, i played it round my mates house today(who said it was crap) and i ###### loved it!! Turns out that he's actually starting to like it a bit more now aswell.

I played on village mode and was pretty good on that, moved it up to the next level and was much more difficult. Bowled out South Africa for 258 but they got be out for 201.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Lara cricket game for ps2 at weekend.

1st game i played world cup - 30 over restriction on village level.

I bowled out Nambia in the 1st game for 17.

My best bowling figures are 6-18 with Flintoff

My best batting score so far is 330 all out off 22.2 overs, vs South Africa.

I think i might need to turn the level up abit!

Edited by Hughesy

Carried on with the village mode last night in World cup on Brian Lara.

Beat two of my scores.

I got 469 all out off just 22.1 overs and Knight hit 220 and caddick 140. Caddick hit 100 off his firt 24 balls. His first 11 shots were all 6's. Im deffinatly going to have to turn the level up

Funny isn't it,never really been a great cricket fan but this game has really got me into it!.Have the pc version...great graphics and good game play,one or two gripes like repetitive commentry and the silly crowd jumping and swaying at every hit ball action but all in all its a great way to waste half a day! unsure.gif

Just played Bangladesh on the county setting and balled them all out for 38 off 12.2 overs.......Harmison(Hermason! laugh.gif ) 8-18!

Have to say though I find the the test level setting against a team like the Aussies almost impossible.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.