BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

I'm intrigued by this Kuqi fella so I popped onto a few ipswich town forums to see what the tractor boys make of his recent move to Rovers and what his chances are. Below are a few comments made by the tractorites. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know a bit more about him - might make a change to talk about someone else besides ol' Bellers!

What y'all think?

“Sad to see him go......nope, perhaps we can start playing football again instead of hoofing it up to a big target man.”

“Absolutely gutted. He's a talisman and I, and the team, will miss him hugely.

We're now screwed for next season”

“The Finnish Van Nistlerooy without the cheating. By that i mean he never really had any distinct talent but always seemed to get goals sue to his work rate. I have never seen a player move so much weight so quickly. And he would never stop running. I will be sad to see him go, although i wont miss the cringe whenever i know he's about to take a touch (partly the reason why he had to do so much running). “

“Nothing against the guy, always 100% effort, can't fault him or criticize him personally, it's not his fault he can't control a football.”

“Against the grain, I wont miss the overrated and limited Kuqi because he is not a quality player but wish him well and acknowledge he made more of an effort than most last season”

“Not an intelligent striker by any means and although he was our top scorer was never a premier player. Wiil score no more than five in the top flight and that is if he plays every game. See him getting dropped though before too long.”

“Sad to see Shefki go. What he lacked in ability, he made up for with energy and heart and sheer brute strength. Never stopped running. A cult hero”

“Lets be honest here - Shefki is ######, he has got the worst first touch in professional football and all that running around and giving 100% cannot mask thae fact that the bloke cant play football to save his life, officially a touch and tackle player.”

“Absolutely gutted. Shefki embodied this club - ok, so he's not the greatest natural talent but his sheer guts and work rate made up for that and more!”

“can't wait to see what Martin Tyler and Andy Gray make of Shefki. He will have no chance of bullying the likes of Terry, Cambell, Ferdinand, Carragher, or any of the others from lesser teams for that matter.”

tinykit.gif

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To judge from those comments, Kuqi obviously has lumps of concrete in his boots instead of feet.

Should play well with Dickov, another forward who cannot control a football.

Hope Bellamy does not get injured or become frustrated by the incompetance around him.

Edited by jim mk2

To judge from those comments, Kuqi obviously has lumps of concrete in his boots instead of feet.

Hope Bellamy does not get injured or become frustrated by the incompetance around him.

330285[/snapback]

Ever do anything but moan?

Ever tried ecstacy? I doubt even that would cheer you up..

Can't believe most haven't seen him play - simply he is not a Premiership player from my observations

Reminds me of a certain Mr Ward - maybe Bellamy can make up for the guys misgivings though and he proves to be an asset and as normal lets see how he does in the best footy shirt in the World first before judging.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

We've had some great forwards and some absolute stinkers, I wish I could place a bet which he'll be grouped with biggrin.gif

330312[/snapback]

rover.gif Give the guy a chance. He hasnt exactly cost us much has he. We have had quality players at Ewood (Yorke etc) who when it came to work and effort were not interested. Give me a workaholic any day. His work rate should leave gaps for our talented striker who is also a worker. Im feeling pretty good about the season.

Marcus Bent isnt the most talented striker in the world but he works bloody hard, he isnt doing a bad job at Everton is he.

rover.gif    Give me a workaholic any day.

330317[/snapback]

You've got a point there like Sausage - anyone who wears their heart on their sleeve and never stops running deserves to wear the rovers shirt. When savage is fit we'll have two maniacs running round the pitch non stop for ninety minutes keeping the other team occupied whilst Gamst and Bellers get a free run. Buzzing about the new season!

It just made me think a bit when I read what Ipswich said about him - maybe the negative bias was a tinge of bitterness I don't know.

So when he scores wil it be

' Oh Oh the Shefki Kuqi

Oh Oh the Shefki Kuqi

Oh Oh the Shefki Kuqi

Arms out, leg back , goal goal goal!! '

user posted image

330416[/snapback]

Would love to hear the blackburn end to try and come out with that one laugh.gif

330285[/snapback]

Jim, it's my guess Bellamy will become more frustrated with the moaning lumps like you in the stands.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.