BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

Hope Bellamy does not get injured

330285[/snapback]

At the moment when Bellamy gets injured (with pacy strikers like him, it is a matter of when rather than if) we will be in trouble.

As for Shefki - he's only following in the footsteps of other members of his donkey genus, Ward, Ostenstad etc.

Edited by rover6

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Kuqi and Bellamy are polar opposites, which in many ways is a good thing. It certainly increases our options, depending on what sort of defence they are up against. Kuqi will be a good target man for set pieces and aerial crosses, Bellamy a lively option for bringing the ball forward on the ground, beating opponents. And Dickov as a Super sub to come off the bench and run at people for the last 15 mins. Even he suddenly becomes a more interesting option than in his previous role as a lone wolf!

In any case, its a 100% improvement on what we had last season.

Why don't we let him play until we all tell him he's rubbish. No one thought Johnson would set the Premiership alight, now look at him. No one thought that Crouch would cause anyone trouble, look what he did. Even look what Dickov did in relation to our other strikers last season. Now I'm not saying he's going to bang in 20 goals or that I want him to be in our first choice pairing, but it is quite possible that he'll provide decent cover and get 5/6 goals this season that could get us 6/9 more points. Now considering we paid nothing for him I don't think that is bad business.

Talking of donkey centre forwards, or carthorse to be more accurate, does anyone remember the late 1960s icon Jimmy Fryatt ?

Of bucolic appearance, with his generous girth, bald head and splendid sideburns Fryatt looked like a Dorset farmer and his footballing skills were "agricultural" to say the least. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

His son Ed Fryatt is a pro on the US golf tour.

So when he scores wil it be

' Oh Oh the Shefki Kuqi

Oh Oh the Shefki Kuqi

Oh Oh the Shefki Kuqi

Arms out, leg back , goal goal goal!! '

user posted image

330416[/snapback]

Great....one legged strikers.....I knew there was a reason why he was free. May also explain his poor first touch!

shef - kee

Koo - chee

there you go!

330431[/snapback]

I can't wait for our first game on Fox Soccer channel in hte States. To hear Alan Parry, Andy Townsend et al. saying; "Koo -chee is dripping wet in that East Lancs rain" will bring a smile to my face and horror to many 'soccer mom's' watching with their kids. Coochie (pronoucned exactly the same as our new burly striker) is a nasty American slang word for a lady's parts. Class, I can't wait for someone to hear it, I'm a fan already.

As a player he will definitely get the fans going. As has been said he sounds like a much bigger version of Dickov. Centre halves won't be able to push him around though. Hopefully he will be able to create havoc and Bellamy and MGP to reap the rewards.

Talking of donkey centre forwards, or carthorse to be more accurate, does anyone remember the late 1960s icon Jimmy Fryatt ?

Of bucolic appearance, with his generous girth, bald head and splendid sideburns Fryatt looked like a Dorset farmer and his footballing skills were "agricultural" to say the least. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

330453[/snapback]

remember him well , looked more like jimmy edwards than a footballer. he was credited with scoring the fastest ever league goal [4 seconds while playing for bradford pa]. the only goals i remember him scoring was the one in the cup against city and two against birmingham, i think we won 3-2. He went on to be a card dealer in las vegas.

• Backroom
remember him well , looked more like jimmy edwards than a footballer. he was credited with scoring the fastest ever league goal [4 seconds while playing for bradford pa]. the only goals i remember him scoring was the one in the cup against city and two against birmingham, i think we won 3-2. He went on to be a card dealer in las vegas.

330469[/snapback]

I remember Jim Fryatt being the crowd favourite at Oldham (complete with sideburns blink.gif )

Why don't we let him play until we all tell him he's rubbish. No one thought Johnson would set the Premiership alight, now look at him. No one thought that Crouch would cause anyone trouble, look what he did. Even look what Dickov did in relation to our other strikers last season. Now I'm not saying he's going to bang in 20 goals or that I want him to be in our first choice pairing, but it is quite possible that he'll provide decent cover and get 5/6 goals this season that could get us 6/9 more points. Now considering we paid nothing for him I don't think that is bad business.

330451[/snapback]

Eddie, I agree with you 100%.

Big crap strikers can surprisingly play a vital role in any team - it's just when you start relying on them as your main striker that you have to worry.

Like many others, I honestly thought we were going into the new season with Kuqi and Dickov as our main strike partnership. That worried me. Now however, we have a different story.

Bellamy is our star man, Kuqi is our big target man, Dickov is our super-sub, Gallagher is our promising back-up striker, Johnson/Derbyshire etc are there as a back-up if and when one of the others gets injured! We are sorted. Just could do with an attacking central midfielder now.

Just wonder where this leaves Matt Jansen......

What the rovers need is a good song this season, something to sing like the we used - example - "super atko", "colin show us yer arse etc" I would suggest from the original thread:

"There's only one f in shefki, one f in sheeeeefki"

Lame I know but you hear any decent songs last year?

Perhaps we should start a new thread for Rovers end chants? Where have the good songs gone? if this season is gonna be sucessful the fans need to start gannin mad again! New songs please!!!!!

At the risk of gettin hoyed out I would imagine we would be able to sing "he's here hes there is every whoops I missed off the "g" where Bellameeeeey"

Time are a changin gents: Bellamy and hughes - enter the dragons!

<sorry im ######>

330453[/snapback]

Yes Jim I certainly remember the big man, although he was (if memory serves me right) only with us for a very short stay. My abiding impression of him was of one of the best headers of a football I have ever seen, but unfortunately that was literally all he could do; completely useless as a footballer.

I also have memory (which I have not been able to confirm) of Fryatt scoring what must have been the quickest goal on record for Rovers. Something in the order of 7 seconds from kick-off to the ball in the net with another bullet header.

Sorry I cant be more explicit although I was there to see it, and I may just be getting mixed up with some other Rovers player; comes with age! Perhaps someone else could shed some light on this for us please.

Any feedback regarding our Shefki from the guys and girls that attended on Saturday?

This is a great piccie -

user posted image

Hopefully a sight that will become more and more common to us!

Edited by Tugay4England

Do all of Shefki's goals come with the B-1 Bomber celebration dive?

Should Hughesy be concerned for any small children that may be around after a goal scored by Shefki?

Should Hughesy be concerned for Shefki's health from repeated dive celebrations when he nets 15 goals for us?

Hope he gets at least ONE goal for the one game Fox Soccer Channel will televise here in the States so I can see the dive...

Any feedback regarding our Shefki from the guys and girls that attended on Saturday?

This is a great piccie -

Hopefully a sight that will become more and more common to us!

333037[/snapback]

Enough with the sexual undertones already.. thumbs-up.gif

Did look like a decent player on the RW clip, but Morecambe isn't exactly Real Madrid.. fine goal though, and he really didn't look that slow. But then again, Morecambe... anyone at the game with views?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.