BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tugay? Friedel? Stead? Even Todd was a Souness buy, for God's sake. Not having a go at you personally, skip, but a lot of people think it's fashionable to have a go at Souness now--they focus on his faults and overlook the good things he achieved during his tenure here.

Tugay?  Friedel?  Stead?  Even Todd was a Souness buy, for God's sake.  Not having a go at you personally, skip, but a lot of people think it's fashionable to have a go at Souness now--they focus on his faults and overlook the good things he achieved during his tenure here.

334632[/snapback]

It's always the case, people forget things very quickly

Souness: inspired Dunn, Duff and Jansen into performing to their ability. Kicked out the overpaid over-rated crap, got us promoted. Bought us a few bargains.

Hodgson: Took Rovers into Europe with virtually the same squad that were almost relegated the season before

Harford: Had us playing some of the best football I've ever seen at Ewood (ok he couldn't get it right on the road)

Kidd: Erm, erm,....... oh well....

Trust me philly, i was not havin a go at souey.......wen he was here i loved the guy....and i think wot he did for rovers in his time here was great and i hate the dicks that boo him wen he came bak wiv the toon! All im sayin was that someone was sayin Kuqi would be no good cos Souness turned him down 3 years ago........and thats stupid......AND i didnt say all souness signings were bad just that a few were......and that so far hughes signings have been crackin.....i mean who eva heard of Nelson b4 we bought him......(well actually US fans might of and NZ) but now id say his one of top 10 def. in prem....so maybe we should trust hughes on kuqi

He looked o.k. in the lower division but the premiership? Souness trialled him at Brockhall and decided not to sign him. Now that is a negative!!

334479[/snapback]

Hasn't there been (semi)official comments that the reason Souey didn't sign him was because Carlton Palmer started playing silly beggars at the time and upped the price Stockport wanted for him?

And as has been mentioned already, Hughes was here at the time.

It's always the case, people forget things very quickly

Souness: inspired Dunn, Duff and Jansen into performing to their ability.  Kicked out the overpaid over-rated crap, got us promoted.  Bought us a few bargains.

Hodgson:  Took Rovers into Europe with virtually the same squad that were almost relegated the season before

Harford:  Had us playing some of the best football I've ever seen at Ewood (ok he couldn't get it right on the road)

Kidd:  Erm, erm,....... oh well....

334652[/snapback]

Kidd-- He inspired Kevin Davies to score a goal!! smile.gif

or maybe that was just bad goalkeeping from the Charlton keeper

Trust me philly, i was not havin a go at souey.......wen he was here i loved the guy....and i think wot he did for rovers in his time here was great and i hate the dicks that boo him wen he came bak wiv the toon! All im sayin was that someone was sayin Kuqi would be no good cos Souness turned him down 3 years ago........and thats stupid......AND i didnt say all souness signings were bad just that a few were......and that so far hughes signings have been crackin.....i mean who eva heard of Nelson b4 we bought him......(well actually US fans might of and NZ) but now id say his one of top 10 def. in prem....so maybe we should trust hughes on kuqi

334674[/snapback]

Wasn't trying to nitpick, skip, and I do agree with most of what you've said. A lot of members of this board will slate Souness to no end nowadays, constantly harping on how he never saw the plot in the first place and wishing him total ill will at Newcastle. I'm not a huge Souness fan but I do like the guy and appreciate what he did for the club. I'd even go a step further and say that he left the club on amicable terms, so I can't understand all the hard feelings toward the guy.

It's not Rev or jim or anyone who I begrudge, because they always made it known how much they disliked our former manager... it's the Johnny-come-latelys of the "We hate Souness" camp who seem to slate him for no other reason than that it seems fashionable.

Back on topic anyway, I agree that I trust Hughes' judgment better than Souness'--although time will ultimately tell how good of an evaluator Sparky is, his record thus far is unblemished. But has anyone also considered the possibility that the extra few years in the lower divisions helped Kuqi refine his game to the point where he is now a Premiership player, where he might not have been a few years ago?

• 1 month later...

After watching football perfousley for many years, it is quite clear that Kuqi cannot play in the premiership.

His work and determination are admirable, however, it is PREMIERSHIP football and he isnt premiership material.

His shot is very wayward, and his basic strikers insticts are not upto scratch i.e. Tottenham match at home and Aston Villa today.

Whilst Dickov isnt blessed too, his touched is impeccable to compensate for his inabilties, however, Kuqis touch is awful and only seems to compensate for his inabilities with work and determination which although may please some, dosnt get you goals as Dickov showed last season - being our top scorer and Blackburn ending up bottom of the goals scored league.

It isnt a character assisination. I would really really loved to be proven wrong, but, whilst our best striker - Bellamy is injured, and other strikers such as Jansen not ever going to recapture the form people still live off, its all we have unfortunately.

Im doing my best to persist but its heart-wrenching to watch such a poor striker who tries but is way out of his depth.

The main reason Kuqi was signed is that he was dirt cheap - no fee and a payment by results - so not much due so far. Same with Jansen new contract. Basically the owners of the club have said you can have Prem striker - Bellamy - and that's it. Championship here we come.

Championship here we come.

Don`t talk cr@p!^^^

Rovers played better in the 2nd half at Villa when jansen came on. Villa knew they were in a game today.

I think Kuqi is not fit for the lone striker role, but he does seem to create chances for others. Maybe we'll be singing a different tune when he and Bellamy have had time to create a working partnership?

Just seen Finland's worst football game. Ever. 0-0 against Andorra.

Shefki played the whole game and his performance can summarized in few words:

When attitude is not enough.

Again loads of hard work but many wasted chances. Worst on 10 minutes. Great cross, free chance to head at 8 meters. Result: ball out of sideline ie. ball headed 90 degrees wrong way. No going to put my trust in him anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.