SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] One F In Shefki - Tractor Boys Verdicts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif when shefki was signed in the summer,i could not believe it.i had seen him many times before for stockport,sheff wed and ipswich and never rated him.fans were more than right to say give the guy a chance,sparky must see something in him! half way through the season,i have not changed my view but you cannot help but love this guy.he gives nothing but 100%,has improved and scored some vital goals.i hope for his sake he scores a couple today,i have booed ashley ward in a rovers shirt but i could never boo shefki,he does not deserve that but i honestly think the fans are at breaking point.kuqi does not deserve to be a scapegoat,i cannot forsee a signing before wednesday,so please the football gor let shefki net a couple today tinykit.gif

The stick he takes in unreal. 6 goals is not a bad return from a guy who was brought in to bolster the squad for no fee. Contrary to what some are claiming, he has turned games for us - not a great deal, I'll grant you, but to say he has nothing useful/different to offer is just incorrect.

I spoke to a Shef Wednesday fan hoping he would say in Div1 for them he was quality, he said he was a LUMP.

I cetainly don't love him but don't hate him, i will feel allot better if we had a bit more competition up front

I do think he put some of the worse displays i've ever seen though

Edited by chris

rover.gif when shefki was signed in the summer,i could not believe it.i had seen him many times before for stockport,sheff wed and ipswich and never rated him.fans were more than right to say give the guy a chance,sparky must see something in him! half way through the season,i have not changed my view but you cannot help but love this guy.he gives nothing but 100%,has improved and scored some vital goals.i hope for his sake he scores a couple today,i have booed ashley ward in a rovers shirt but i could never boo shefki,he does not deserve that but i honestly think the fans are at breaking point.kuqi does not deserve to be a scapegoat,i cannot forsee a signing before wednesday,so please the football gor let shefki net a couple today tinykit.gif

379084[/snapback]

I think that's a very good post.

Shefki has taken a hell of a lot of stick. His shortcomings are emphasised against some of the best defences in the world. Rio is quicker, stronger and better in the air. Kuqi is not the kind of player to start against Man United. However, stick him up against defences like Boro and they don't know what to do with him. I think he's useful to have in the squad, but we need another quality striker to partner Bellamy because we need to be getting results against the very best teams to qualify for Europe.

Why don't people just STFU and get off Kuqi's back. We all know he is limited but at the end of the day he is giving us 100%, and he has won us some vital points this season.

What purpose does it serve getting on his back?

I can't stand the fact he's in our team, I find him comical, and never get on his back when I'm at the games.

The truth is though, this is a messageboard, where opinions are shared and discussed. Would you visit if somebody started a thread, and then hundreds of people replied saying ''yes i agree, well done.''

Didn't think so. Kuqi is useless, a waste of a player on the pitch. He doesn't deserve a song and I'd gve 100% if I got to play for us. Would that be enough to please you?

IDidn't think so. Kuqi is useless, a waste of a player on the pitch. He doesn't deserve a song and I'd gve 100% if I got to play for us. Would that be enough to please you?

379343[/snapback]

Yes, if you scored 6 goals, provided at least 4 assists, won us 9 points, turned round a cup tie when we were 2-0 down - I'd forgive you for being crap against the world's most expensive defender, when no-one put in a decent cross for you to head.

He's done well for a squad player having to step up and carry the load, but he's not Bellamy. Gallacher, Jansen and Johnson would not have influenced as many results as he has, despite having better technical ability with their feet.

We went 8 games letting in only 2 goals with Shefki on the pitch for all of them. We haven't let in 6 goals in the last 2 games because he's still on the pitch.

Pity we couldn't bottle Kuqi's application and work rate and have injected it into Bothroyd! The result would have been awesome!

......and even to a lesser extent Stead. I was just about Steads biggest critic (after Mark Hughes) of his Premiership qualities and I was glad to see us offload him but I wish the poor buggger could score a few. I'm squirming for him.

Yes, if you scored 6 goals, provided at least 4 assists, won us 9 points, turned round a cup tie when we were 2-0 down - I'd forgive you for being crap against the world's most expensive defender, when no-one put in a decent cross for you to head. 

He's done well for a squad player having to step up and carry the load, but he's not Bellamy.  Gallacher, Jansen and Johnson would not have influenced as many results as he has, despite having better technical ability with their feet.

We went 8 games letting in only 2 goals with Shefki on the pitch for all of them.  We haven't let in 6 goals in the last 2 games because he's still on the pitch.

379365[/snapback]

Very impressive, thanks to Kuqi we are are keeping clean sheets aswell, what a player, although i can't remember him scoring since Boro last year, rather putting in some very bad performances, thank to Kuqi we are keeping clean sheets.

I think he's done ok really, i'm amazed he is a footballer and hope we get allot better striker in soon but he's better then nothing, and will be a useful sub for poorer teams in the future

Edited by chris

• 7 months later...

Sorry, I just cant stop laughing.....

£2.5 MILLION???????????????????

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Anyone care to bet that if we draw Palace in the cup or similar he will get a far better reception than Craig Bellamy...... and super mag Damien Duff too for that matter.

Why shouldn't he? Came here and run his socks off for us...then buggered off just in time to make us a few million in profit!

Good luck at the Eagles Shefki! :tu:

So we paid less for Benni than we got for Skefki. we've got to be happy with that.

Fair play to Shefki he worked hard and didn't moan when he wasn't in the team. He always came accross as a 'proper' pro. Take note Toddy.

Good luke Shefki

Yes great business by the Rovers - £2.5m for a player that we now simply will not need is excellent.

By my reckoning we've got about £6m* left to spend - if things aren't going well in January I expect Hughes to strengthen without hesitation. An attacking central midfielder and a left-back would finish our team off in my opinion.

*= Profit on summer transfers plus original kitty must equal AT LEAST £6m surely???

Well I must admit to being just a little sad at seeing Shefki go. He was not the best footballer but he was all heart and a fantastic professional; an example to all! In many ways reminiscent of Tommy Briggs although not as prolific a scorer, but a great guy to have around. Here's wishing you all the best for the future Shefki and thanks for what you did for us. Look after yourself. You will always be welcome back at Ewood if our paths cross again.

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.