BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premiership Final Table Prediction

Yes, It's that time of the year where we all predict the final table, to put your neck on the line and look a complete fool when your tip for relegation ends up finishing fourth. (like me)

Anyhow here goes with my prediction

1 Arsenal

2 Chelsea

3 Man United

4 Liverpool

5 Middlesbrough

6 Tottenham Hotspur

7 Aston Villa

8 Everton

9 Blackburn

10 Bolton Wanderers

11 Newcastle United

12 Birmingham City

13 Charlton Athletic

14 Manchester City

15 Portsmouth

16 Fulham

17 West Ham United

18 West Bromwich Albion

19 Wigan Athletic

20 Sunderland

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Chelsea

2 Man United

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

5 Spurs

6 Middlesbrough

7 Everton

8 Blackburn

9 Bolton

10 Charlton

11 Aston Villa

12 Birmingham

13 Newcaslte United

14 Manchester City

15 West Brom

16 Portsmouth

17 West Ham United

18 Fulham

19 Sunderland

20 Wigan

Edited by ally

Seems a bit early to be doing this (lots of transfers to come yet methinks) - but here goes!

1.Chelski

2.Man Yoo

3.Arsenil

4.Liv er pool

5.Evertonne

6.Noocastle

7.Ass ton Villa

8.ROVERS

9.Bull tone

10.Charleston pathletic

11.Midd les bro

12.Sun der land

13.Man Citeh

14.Tottingham

15.Pots Mouth

16.Waste Ham

17.Wigg on

18.Waste Brom

19.Burning Ham

20.Foolham

Looks easy for Rovers at this stage! biggrin.gif

Those tables look too much like this year's. I will settle for this (guessing the impact of the transfers not yet made):

1. Liverpool

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Middlesbrough

5. Man U

6. Rovers

7. Everton

8. Bolton

9. Spurs

10. Villa

11. City

12. Pompey

13. Newcastle

14. Fulham

15. Birmingham

16. Charlton

17. West Ham

18. Wigan

19. Sunderland

20. West Brom

Champions League: Celsea

Well, I was way off last year, can't do any worse, but I won't be stupid enough to predict Liverpool to win the title and United to finish out of the top 4 like I did last year:

1 Chelsea

2 Man United

3 Arsenal

4 Spurs

5 Liverpool

6 Newcaslte United

7 Manchester City

8 Middlesbrough

9 Blackburn

10 Aston Villa

11 Charlton

12 Birmingham

13 Fulham

14 West Ham United

15 West Brom

16 Everton

17 Bolton

18 Sunderland

19 Portsmouth

20 Wigan

If City keeps SWP, they will finish near or in the relegation zone (I like him, think he's a great player, but I see a surge if he leaves, much like with Everton after Rooney left).

Actually found my bottom 3 changed several times, and will probably change further. At times I've had West Brom and Bolton in it, and Wigan out of it. I really can see it being one of the tougher relegation battles, because I can see reasons for every club to stay up this season. Wigan has money to spend - but it probably won't be enough. Portsmouth has been a team who knows how to get it done the past couple seasons - but they seemed in disarray at the end of last season. Sunderland has a big fan base, good coach and Steadinho, but I see them just missing out in the final game of the season, but with a points haul in the mid to upper 30s.

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Rovers

6. Charlton

7. Middlesborough

8. Aston Villa

9. Man City

10. Everton

11. Newcastle

12. Bolton

13. Fulham

14. Tottenham

15. Portsmouth

16. West Brom

17. Wigan

----------------

18. West Ham

19. Birmingham

20. Sunderland

Well, as is normal for me I'll try and be nice and optimistic.

1. Manchester United (just have a feeling as it has been too long)

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Blackburn

7. Middlesbrough

8. Everton

9. Charlton

10. Bolton

11. Aston Villa

12. Manchester City

13. Newcastle United

14. Birmingham City

15. Fulham

16. Portsmouth

17. West Brom

18. West Ham

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

Really difficult to predict what the table will look like. First of all I'm sure there are a lot of transfers to come that may well have a great impact on their respective teams and what is expected of them. At the same time very little seperates any of the teams from about 5-15, while towards the bottom there is basically nothing that can seperate that lot except things like proven Premiership experience in the case of Portsmouth and West Brom. I'm sure this season will provide as many, if not more, surprises as last year did. Hopefully it will be a little more interesting towards the top and Rovers will have a better campaign. Can't really place us, but would say we will be anywhere from 5-12.

Look at you brave souls trying this in July.  I'm waiting until the transfer game is done sometime toward the first week of August.

Anyone up for the same prediction game we did last year?

331110[/snapback]

Of course. To be honest so much of it is simply guessing you may as well do it now. No matter if you had waited for the transfers to be finished almost no one would have predicted Bolton or Everton to finish as high as they did nor West Brom to beat the drop, while the middle is just one big almost inseperable muddle.

EDIT : I may however review my table once it gets to August and most of the moving is done. I'd say wait until August 31st but a bit unfair to do it when there are a couple games of the season gone.

Edited by Eddie

With Hughes doing all the pre season its bound to be good and a fighting chance for Europe. The overrated teams like Tottenham, Birmingham and Fulham will struggle big-time.

1. Manchester United

2. Arsenal

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. BLACKBURN

6. Everton

7. Middlesbrough

8. Newcastle United

9. Bolton

10. Charlton

11. Aston Villa

12. Manchester City

13. Wigan

14. Sunderland

15. Tottenham

16. West Ham

17. West Brom

18. Portsmouth

19. Birmingham City

20. Fulham

Of course. To be honest so much of it is simply guessing you may as well do it now. No matter if you had waited for the transfers to be finished almost no one would have predicted Bolton or Everton to finish as high as they did nor West Brom to beat the drop, while the middle is just one big almost inseperable muddle.

EDIT : I may however review my table once it gets to August and most of the moving is done. I'd say wait until August 31st but a bit unfair to do it when there are a couple games of the season gone.

331113[/snapback]

Too right, Eddie. I think I'll hold off for now, but we should also say that anyone can change their mind up until the day before the season starts. The same prediction thingy it is then, and I'll sort things out after the final day again this season.

Oh, and it's amazing to see what the signing of Bellamy has done for people's optimism on here... had this poll been conducted a week ago half of the board would have had us in the bottom three. Nothing like a big signing to up morale, huh?

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Man United

4 Liverpool

5 Spurs

6 Everton

7 Aston Villa

8 BLACKBURN ROVERS

9 Bolton

10 Birmingham

11 Middlesbrough

12 Charlton

13 Newcaslte United

14 Manchester City

15 Wigan

16 Portsmouth

17 West Ham United

18 Fulham

19 West Brom

20 Sunderland

I don't think Wigan will go down, they've got plenty of money and am expecting to see some late transfers. West Brom will NOT be so lucky this year.

ROVERS for the FA Cup!!! it's nice to dream smile.gif

Oh, and it's amazing to see what the signing of Bellamy has done for people's optimism on here... had this poll been conducted a week ago half of the board would have had us in the bottom three.  Nothing like a big signing to up morale, huh?

331175[/snapback]

I think it's the positive statements by John Williams and Mark Hughes that have worked the most, particularly concerning future transfers of which their will be at least one more I'm sure.

May as well have a go myself smile.gif

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Liverpool

4. Man U

5. Middlesbrough

6. BLACKBURN

7. Everton

8. Tottenham

9. Bolton

10. Man City

11. Aston Villa

12. Charlton

13. Newcastle

14. Sunderland

15. Birmingham

16. Fulham

17. West Brom

18. Portsmouth

19. West Ham

20. Wigan

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Manchester United

4 Liverpool

5 BLACKBURN

6 Charlton

7 Middlesbrough

8 Everton

9 Bolton

10 Newcastle United

11 Manchester City

12 Aston Villa

13 Tottenham

14 Birmingham City

15 Fulham

16 Sunderland

17 Portsmouth

18 Wigan

19 West Ham

20 West Brom

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man Utd

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Newcastle

7. Middlesborough

8. Everton

9. Aston Villa

10. BLACKBURN

11. Charlton

12. Aston Villa

13. Birmingham

14. Bolton

15. West Ham

16. Fulham

17. Portsmouth

18. West Brom

19. Wigan

20. Sunderland

I think there are afew over optimistic predictions regarding Rovers. A massive improvement on last year i feel, but a more creative midfield needed to create the goals needed for top 6. Also if no more strikers come in, we will struggle if Bellamy is injured for any time. A low top half finish i predict. Also Newcastle will rid souness early on, bring in someone half decent and have a good season.

1. Chelsea

2. Man United

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Middlesborough

6. ROVERS

7. Newcastle

8. Everton

9. Tottenham

10. Aston Villa

11. Charlton

12. Man City

13. Birmingham

14. Bolton

15. West Ham

16. Portsmouth

17. Wigan

18. Fulham

19. West Brom

20. Sunderland

Chelsea for the Premiership, Champions League and F.A. Cup. Arsenal will slip, Liverpool will improve over last years league position due to good signings. We will surprise everyone this year with the excellent managerial skills of Mr Hughes and the amount of goals Bellers will put in this season. As benhben said Newcastle will ditch Souey and sort themselves out. Bolton will slip due to the lack of transfers and the fact that the majority of their team are too old. West Ham, Portsmouth, and Wigan will be safe....just. Fulham will go down due to Chris Colemans incompetence and West Brom won't survive the drop this year. Sunderland have no chance sorry stead.

1. Chelsea

2. Liverpool

3. Manchester United

4. Tottenham Hotspur

------------------------------------

5. Arsenal

6. Newcastle United

------------------------------------

7. Charlton Athletic

8. Aston Villa

9. BLACKBURN ROVERS

10. Middlesbrough

11. Bolton Wanderers

12. Everton

13. Manchester City

14. Birmingham City

15. West Bromwich Albion

16. West Ham United

17. Sunderland Athletic

--------------------------------------

18. Fulham

19. Portsmouth

20. Wigan Athletic

Part of me thinks "Arsenal, UEFA Cup? No way!" But... oh how sweet it would be. They're so damned easy to hate.

I guess I lack the optimism of a lot of others. I think things will be greatly improved this coming season, but it might not show up in the tables. I'd love it if this could be quoted back at me to make me eat crow in 10 months, but I still don't know that we've got the goals in us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.