[Archived] Premiership Final Table Prediction

Here's mine,

Champion Arsenal

Runner up Chelski

Liverpool

Middlesbrough

Manure

Man City

Rovers (Love to see us clinching 7th and into Europe next season rolleyes.gif )

Relegated

Wigan

Sunderland

Fulham

Surprise package

Rovers of cos

& Man City

Flop of season

Manure laugh.gif

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegation candidates hard for me to pick 'cos I'd like to see the back of about 9 teams rolleyes.gif

However:

1. Chelski

2. Manure

3. L'poo

4. Arseache

5. t'Rovers

6. Spurs (pass the bucket please)

7. Boro

8. Newcastle

9. Everton

10. Notlob

11. Villa

12. Charlton

13. Man City

14. Portsmouth

15. West Ham

16. West Brom

17. Birmingham City

18. Wigan

19. Sunderland

20. Fulham

This is sheer self-indulgence but these are the reasons why I went for the placements I did:

1. Liverpool - if Benitez can win the Champs League over 17 matches he can win the Prem over 38 (he won the Liga twice). He still has £20m to spend and he'll spend it well.

2. Chelsea - terrible fixture list. At the moment they've sold too many key squad players who they won't fully replace and the superstar buys will be for winning the CL not the PL. They'll sacrifice anything for being Champs of Europe.

3. Arsenal - they will spend big but on who? Expect Henry not to be on his own up front and for the youngsters to look world beaters for 06/07 but not ready for 05/06.

4. Middlesbrough - they got UEFA qualification through league position last year and their summer signings have hardly made them weaker.

5. Man U - I'll believe my own diatribes and say the Mancs won't sign much more than they've got already. In which case, if there's another club good enough for fourth, the Mancs will be in the UEFA 05/06 under the current manager of...

6. Rovers - who will sign Benni and will lose some stupid games through not being good enough in midfield but will be outrageously entertaining a lot of the time unlike...

7. Everton - who won't get past the 3rd qualifying round of the Champs League and the transfer spending will be frozen when they drew Inter (or equivalent)

8. Bolton - not as effective as last season but still pretty useful. Watch for a bad start and Sam making spectacular signings just as the Window closes.

9. Spurs - Could easilly come 6th in place of us but despite being very organised, still don't quite equal more than the sum of their parts

10. Villa - mid table mediocrity for mid-table mediocrities

11. City - SWP will not be adequately replaced so despite having a very good young English manager, will be tough to beat but not tough enough. Good bet for a Cup though.

12. Pompey - would be relegation certs but for lots of smart transfer moves and an inspired new manager.

13. Newcastle - depends when Souey is fired. I'm assuming after Aug 31.

14. Fulham - Coleman is not that bad a manager and I think his signings will do the job they are bought for.

15. Birmingham - true wishful thinking would see them 18th but they are far too good for that. Bruce is not a good manager and so his squad will under achieve again.

16. Charlton - really have the look of strugglers if they make a poor start. Uninspired signings so far.

17. West Ham - signings are no great shakes but better than the other promoted clubs so far.

18. Wigan - Jewell nearly got punished for transfer complacency this season but Ipswich were too poor to catch them. Suspect they will be too cautious in the market to save themselves so no second Bradford-style survival for their manager.

19. Sunderland - signings not good enough although Stead will hit a purple patch to earn Rovers a bit of sell-on pocket money for next summer

20. West Brom - Bradford pattern repeated: last day reprieve followed by the drop. Will play well but not good enough to increase on this season's points total in what will be a closer league all round.

Champions Chelsea

Champs LEague

Arsenal

United

Liverpool

UEFA Cup Rovers

Villa

Down

Birmingham

Sunderland

West Brom

Cups

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Spurs

Champions League: Chelsea

1. Chelsea - Too good!

2. Arsenal - Happy to finish above Utd

3. Liverpool - Much improved

4. Man Utd - Getting worse biggrin.gif

5. Newcastle - Souness too get it right unfortunatley

6. Middlesbrough - Europe again

7. Spurs - Usual spurs promise much but don't deliver

8. ROVERS - Bellamy to score the goals needed

9. Villa - Usual O'leary excuses

10. Man City - Pearce to do well on tight budget

11. Bolton - Still good for Bolton

12. Charlton - Curbs to quit

13. Everton - Back where they belong

14. Birmingham - Don't care as long as Bruce fails

15. Portsmouth - Alan Perrin?

16. Fulham - Poor, poor side

17. West Ham - Pardew to get the sack but they'll escape

18. West Brom - Back where they belong

19. Wigan - £200 million won't be enough!

20. Sunderland. - Why are they buying crap players?

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Liverpool

4 Manchester United

5 Newcastle United

6 Middlesbrough

7 Everton

8 Tottenham Hotspur

9 Manchester City

10 Bolton Wanderers

11 Blackburn Rovers

12 Aston Villa

13 Birmingham City

14 Portsmouth

15 Fulham

16 Charlton

17 West Ham

18 West Bromwich

19 Sunderland

20 Wigan

You drunk seggie?

331822[/snapback]

Whoops

I wasn't then but now that I am I will attempt to justyfy

Spurs are the sort of team that will play their best team in this cup no matter what from the off. As much as I don't like them I think their naff football and overrated players will do well against the likes of West Brom reserves. Naturally being the optimist I am I believe Rovers will also field strong teams making them my second pick to take the trophey but I think like last year we will get knocked out by the likes of Blackpool (I said I was drunk but not drunk enough to say Burnley)

Truth is I couldn't think of a team at the time so I picked a naff no hoper Big Club that wasn't Birmingham

1. Chelski

2. Arse

3. Spurs

4. Manc

5. Pool

6. Blackburn

7. Aston Villa

8. Everton

9. Charlton

10. Brum

11. Borough

12. Manchester City

13. Bolton

14. Portsmouth

15. Fulham

16. West Ham

17. Newcastle

18. West Brom

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

Newcastle is going to struggle

Edited by neekoy

Until the start of the season i won't do a complete table because of transfers but the top and bottom will be very seperate!

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Manu

Bottom

WBA

Sunderland

Newcastle

Wigan

Fulham

Unless fulham get players in they haven't got anything that looks worth a place in the premiership and morale seems to be falling!

Newcastle's final place will depend upon who they get in but i can't see them improving on last years placing!

People are absolutely insane if they seriously think Newcastle will get relegated. Even with Souness in charge, they have the players to easily make the top 6 and fat Fred will no doubt let the manager spend in the transfer window if they are struggling.

For what it's worth (not a lot!);

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Middlesbrough

6. Everton

7. Tottenham

8. Birmingham

9. Bolton

10. Newcastle

11. Blackburn

12. Man City

13. Aston Villa

14. Charlton

15. Portsmouth

16. Fulham

17. Sunderland

18. West Brom

19. Wigan

20. West Ham

Edited by Tango

People are absolutely insane if they seriously think Newcastle will get relegated.  Even with Souness in charge, they have the players to easily make the top 6 and fat Fred will no doubt let the manager spend in the transfer window if they are struggling.

331931[/snapback]

team morale will be a major factor, as everton showed by their CL run! With souness in charge they have very low morale, like we had! If he goes early it will give them a big boost and they might do ok, but he hasn't got a strong team and unless he brings in a few good players in defence and attack they will be around last years level!

I think there are afew over optimistic predictions regarding Rovers. A massive improvement on last year i feel, but a more creative midfield needed to create the goals needed for top 6. Also if no more strikers come in, we will struggle if Bellamy is injured for any time. A low top half finish i predict. Also Newcastle will rid souness early on, bring in someone half decent and have a good season.

331263[/snapback]

Finally, some sanity...we've signed ONE player of significance? Remember that other teams are allowed to sign players too, folks. It's not like other teams are static. We still need a few more signings. But I think somewhere between 9 and 12th, with the squad as is. If we get a midfielder and a LB, then I think we can start thinking about a UEFA cup place.

How do your predictions fit with Hills odds at the moment?

Chelsea 10/11

Arsenal 13/5

Manchester United 3/1

Liverpool 14/1

Spurs 100/1

Newcastle 125/1

Everton 200/1

Middlesbro 200/1

Man C 250/1

Villa 250/1

Bolton 300/1

Birmingham 500/1

Blackburn 500/1

Charlton 750/1

Fulham 750/1

Portsmouth 750/1

Sunderland 1000/1

WBA 1000/1

West Ham 1000/1

Wigan 1000/1.

I fancy Pompey to do well next season, I think they could be this seasons Bolton. Mandaric has shown real ambition with the signings they've made this season, I made have a bet on them to get into the top 6 if the odds are good enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Top Four

1} Chelsea

2} Arsenal

3} Liverpool

4} Man United

Reasons:

Chelsea - Should win the League easily me thinks.

Arsenal - Will miss Vieria badly but if they find a decent replacement i think they can secure second place

Liverpool - Looks like Liverpool are on the up with Gerrard heading the team. Liverpool will be dangerous and i expect them to be right up there with Arsenal & Chelsea.

Man United - Some of United's best players are getting on a bit now (Giggs, Keane, Neville) i think this will mean United will struggle. Van Der Sar will have a shocker against Liverpool costing them the match. Fergie will be sacked after defeat against Arsenal in Janaury

Relagtion

18} Birmingham

19} Sunderland

20} Wigan

Reasons:

Birmingham - A bit of funny team reall and now without there best player for last two seasons: Robbie Savage. I feel they'll find it hard and with Forssell not playing a competitive match for a full year he'll find it hard. That only really leaves Heskey has another striker. So i think they'll struggle upfront which will result in the going down

Sunderland - Newly promoted not got the quaility to stay. Jon Stead will impress though and move back to Blackburn at the end of the season.

Wigan - Same has Sunderland really not strong enough.

tongue.gif

Top Four

1.Chelsea

2.Arsenal

3.Manchester United

4.BLACKBURN ROVERS

Bottom Three

18.Fulham

19.Sunderland

20.Wigan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.