BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premiership Final Table Prediction

I'm slightly worried. I drunkenly bet my "never shut up" spurs mates a tenner each that we would finish higher than them. Now don't get me wrong I think we'll get top 8 or so, but spuds seem to be going places.

338228[/snapback]

My word, Spurs have made one significant signing this summer, who is obviously not the player he was otherwise Inter wouldn't let him leave on a free.

They will flatter to decieve as they do every other year.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to disagree Shillito now that the beer is free from my mind. They have a solid backbone through their whole team. Robinson in goal, King and Dawson at the back, Carrick and Davids/Mendes/Davis etc in the middle of the park and Defoe and Kanoute/Keane/Mido up front. I think they'll be top 6 this season. The reason I did the bet is because like you say I'm clingin to the hope that they flatter to deceive yet again...oh and I'd had about 8 pints of Cider!

The cider is good my friend, but I think you'll win your bet...

They have never ever ever ever done anything to suggest that any of the signings they have made have been vindicated.

Naturally I stand to be wrong, but I've seen better Spurs teams do worse than people expect these lot to, but the truth is none of the players in their team, for all their hype, have ever achieved anything, with the exception of the over the hill Davids, and the brilliant Defoe, who has only achieved national respect.

Until they do, my opinion will remain.

Edited by shillito15

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. ManUre

4. Liverpool

5. Middlesbrough

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Blackburn

9. Aston Villa

10. Bolton

11. Man City

12. Newcastle

13. Charlton

14. Birmingham

15. Fulham

16. West Brom

17. West Ham

18. Sunderland

19. Wigan

20. Portsmouth

Here's my predictions. For some reason I believe/hope that Fulham goes down. It seems that the Egyptian has lost interest and I've not felt very confident of Colemans management skills.

1. Chelsea

2. ManU

3. Arse

4. Liverpool

5. Spurs

6. Boro

7. Blackburn

8. Newcastle

9. Aston Villa

10. Birmingham

11. Everton

12. Man City

13. Bolton

14. Charlton

15. Portsmouth

16. West Ham

17. West Brom

18. Fulham

19. Wigan

20. Sunderland

OK, it's that time again. The most exciting league in the world is about to start. I wonder who will win it this year? I wonder who will be in the top four? It's just so unpredictable, almost anything could happen.

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Manchester United

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham Hotspur

6. Middlesbrough

7. Charlton Athletic

8. Birmingham City

9. Everton

10. Bolton Wanderers

11. Blackburn Rovers

12. Newcastle United

13. Aston Villa

14. Manchester City

15. Portsmouth

16. West Bromich Albion

17. Fulham

18. West Ham

19. Wigan Athletic

20. Sunderland

1. Arsenal

2. Man United

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Middlesborough

6. Villa

7. Spurs

8. Newcastle

9. Blackburn

10. Birmingham

11. Charlton

12 Everton

13. Man City

14. Bolton

15. Portsmouth

16. Fulham

17. West Ham

18. West Brom

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

If we have an exceptionally clear run of injuries there's really no reason why we can't "do an Everton" and finish 4th 5th or 6th.

The season will however largely hinge on keeping Bellamy clear of injuries (not looking good so far) and suspensions and nothing happening to Todd and Nelsen.

Reid could also be a key player judging by his form last year and his performance against Espanol.

Optimistically and with an injury free run, 6th behind Chelsea, ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.

Realistically, I dont think we can finish top 6. Largely due to the two important facts which Revidge mentioned about.

1. We would need to avoid injuries and bans for Bellamy.

2. Todd and Nelson must be fit and available at all times, especially the latter.

If we had another quality striker and another decent defender, then I think it might be possible.

At the moment, we will start the season without Nelson and Bellamy, which means its pretty much last seasons side except mighty Nelson is missing and the Kuqi-monster will play.

If we have an exceptionally clear run of injuries there's really no reason why we can't "do an Everton" and finish 4th 5th or 6th.

The season will however largely hinge on keeping Bellamy clear of injuries (not looking good so far) and suspensions and nothing happening to Todd and Nelsen.

Reid could also be a key player judging by his form last year and his performance against Espanol.

Optimistically and with an injury free run, 6th behind Chelsea, ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.

338384[/snapback]

Not much to argue with there Rev. But if I can add my pessimstic view.......

if Bellamy's out for half the season and there are a couple of other key players out for a while, a relegation battle isn't out of the question.

So on balance, I'd say about 13th for us and anything above that is a plus.

Yours sincerely, Grim Reaper.

PS Most folk think Spurs will have a marvellous season - tend to agree with the folk who say they've bought many promising youngsters in the past and have always flattered to deceive. I reckon about mid-table for them. So if we do pretty well, I can see us and Spurs not being far apart.

Again, for what its worth... (just in time as well, and great to be back in England for the start of the season... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man United

4. Liverpool

5. Middlesborough

6. Spurs

7. Blackburn

8. Villa

9. Newcastle

10. Charlton

11. Bolton

12 Everton

13. Man City

14. Birmingham

15. Portsmouth

16. Fulham

17. West Ham

18. West Brom

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

Didn't know where else to put this & didn't feel it was worth starting a new topic:

Football365's Premiership Predictions 2005/06

Which three teams will actually go down?

Pete Gill: Fulham, Sunderland and West Ham.

Sarah Winterburn: West Brom, Wigan and Sunderland.

Philip Cornwall: Sunderland, West Ham and (I hope) Blackburn.

John Nicholson: Fulham, Wigan and Portsmouth.

Trevor Kramer: Wigan, West Brom and Sunderland.

Which Blackburn player will be sent off first?

PG: Andy Todd.

SW: Lucas Neill. For trading blows with Savage in the opening game.

PC: Robbie Savage.

JN: Craig Bellamy. For pulling really ugly faces (which will be a new FA law brought in specifically for Bellers).

TK: Aaron Mokoena - he'll kick Craig Bellamy.

Don't think we're very popular with 'em... rolleyes.gif

Southern media, what do you expect?

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man United

4. Liverpool

5. Spurs

6. Middlesborough

7. Blackburn

8. Everton

9. Newcastle

10. Bolton

11. Charlton

12. Villa

13. Man City

14. Birmingham

15. Portsmouth

16. Fulham

17. West Ham

18. West Brom

19. Sunderland

20. Wigan

1 chelsea

2 arsenal

3 liverpool

4 man utd

5 m'boro

6 spuds

7 everton

8 villa

9 rovers

10 bolton

11 newcastle

12 charlton

13 man city

14 brum

15 fulham

16 sunderland

17 wigan

18 west brom

19 portsmouth

20 west ham

I'll be having bets on semi final and final places for us to offset the sting in the wallet should sparky do it again.

JN: Craig Bellamy. For pulling really ugly faces (which will be a new FA law brought in specifically for Bellers).

TK: Aaron Mokoena - he'll kick Craig Bellamy.[/i]

Don't think we're very popular with 'em...  rolleyes.gif

Southern media, what do you expect?

338473[/snapback]

At least were getting a mention rover.gifrover.gif

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Boro

6. Spurs

7. Everton

8. Charlton

9. Aston Villa

10. Man City

11. Birmingham

12. Blackburn Rovers

13. Newcastle

14. Bolton

15. Portsmouth

16. Fulham

17. West Ham

18. West Brom

19. Wigan

20. Sunderland

The Title

Chelsea to win it. Drogba looks more settled, as well as having Crespo back to solve their striker "problem". SWP and that new left back make the squad so strong it's not funny.

Arsenal showed how much they rely on key players when they missed Gilberto last season, and Viera leaves a big hole. United are more likely to be the main challengers providing Ferguson doesn't rotate his squad too much. If all the united players find their form again, Scholes, van Nistelrooy, etc. then they could look very scary indeed. Added to which if the transfer rumours are correct they're leading the race to sign Owen and that brazilian defender which would make the squad very strong again. Besides every time I get my hopes up that United are a spent force they prove me wrong. Liverpool are making the right moves, but the new players will take time to gell, the long champs League qualifier will take it's toll later on and Crouch isn't going to have the impact they hoped for, so I reckon they won't be challenging the big 3 yet although will come comfortable 4th.

Relegation.

Sunderland have a 1st devision squad end of story. Wigan haven't been able to get the players in that they need, and may be a bit thin on the ground in terms of numbers. The Ellington saga will psychologically put them at a disadvantage, and the loss of one of their key players could have a massive effect, including impacting on Roberts performance. As for the 3rd relegation place it really is difficult to say. To me any one of West Ham, Fulham or WBA could go down and there's very strong cases for each one. I've gone for WBA as I'm not entirely sure Robson is that good a manager, other than last season his record is not that impressive. There are still question marks over his ability. Added to which WBA didn't get very many points last time and improvement is needed if they are to stay up. Having said that I wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if Fulham or West Ham were to get relegated.

The Others

Newcastle managed to get 13th as there will be a new man in charge by the end of september who'll be able to rectify Soueys mistakes, and they do have some class players. However the transfer window will hinder any squad improvements and ensure that europe once again is out of reach.

Boro are a team which really impress me. They've been making some uality signings and are getting better and better. Added to which they have a quality youth team producing some cracking prospects not just Downing. I've a feeling they'll do very well this year.

Probably means it will be totally wrong but Mike "porky" Parry on TalkSport is thinking along similar lines to me today. He has us to be the season's surprise package in 6th behind Chelsea, Man Ure, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton (who he supports) Spurs 7th.

thumbs-up.gif

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. ManUre

4. Liverpool

5. Middlesbrough

6. Tottenham

7. Bolton

8. Everton

9. Rovers

10. Aston Villa

11. Man City

12. Newcastle (+ sacked manager)

13. Charlton

14. Birmingham

15. West Brom

16. West Ham (+ sacked manager)

17. Fulham (+ sacked manager)

18. Sunderland

19. Wigan

20. Portsmouth (+ sacked manager)

Here goes:

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Manyoo

4. Liverpool

5. Boro

6. Rovers

7. Spurs

8. Newcastle

9. Everton

10. Charlton

11. Aston Villa

12. Birmingham

13. Bolton

14. Man City

15. Portsmouth

16. Fulham

17. West Brom

18. WestHam

19. Wigan

20. Sunderland

Football365's Premiership Predictions 2005/06

TK: Aaron Mokoena - he'll kick Craig Bellamy.

338473[/snapback]

They're all wrong!

At least there's some good from todays result! ph34r.gif

• 1 month later...
This is sheer self-indulgence but these are the reasons why I went for the placements I did:

1. Liverpool - if Benitez can win the Champs League over 17 matches he can win the Prem over 38 (he won the Liga twice). He still has £20m to spend and he'll spend it well.

331525[/snapback]

From today's F365 Premiership Winners/Losers regarding Liverpool.

Scorers of a single goal - and that from a direct free-kick - in their opening four league fixtures, the stark reality is that they were closer to winning the Premiership under Gerard Houllier than they are under Rafael Benitez.

Also a couple of interesting bits on the site (I think the letters section) regarding how Man United and Liverpool seem to be building for European success and leaving the Prem to Chelsea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.