BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

No, I would prefer he went somewhere else.

Your comments just reminded me of your feelings when BFS was linked with us! - It was just a tongue in cheek answer to your previous FaceBook push!

Not guilty. I didn't do anything on facebook. I have it to communicate with a son and daughter who live abroad and want to show me photos of what they are up to - that's all.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is he actually *any* good?

Well I've seen him playing a number of times against us and I just cannot for the life of me see anything that makes him stand out. He's either gone missing big style or bottled it or isn't 'any' good.

For all the talk by a few on here of talent I would think if he ha any he would have looked the part at least on occasions as we have a less than dynamic midfield but he just doesn't show. In fact I have seen him look distinctly second rate against the like of Bentley, Tugay, Dunn and Reid. Just thinking back to the last city game when Hughes was here - got loads of grief about how 'The Boz.' whould destroy our midfield. After we passed them to death in the most one sided of games I've seen in years (think we only won 1-0) they were all going on about how the top four sides would struggle against us. Think there is an element of winding up on here.

Not guilty. I didn't do anything on facebook. I have it to communicate with a son and daughter who live abroad and want to show me photos of what they are up to - that's all.

They all say that! :D

Edited by The Prof.

• Backroom
Well I've seen him playing a number of times against us and I just cannot for the life of me see anything that makes him stand out. He's either gone missing big style or bottled it or isn't 'any' good.

For all the talk by a few on here of talent I would think if he ha any he would have looked the part at least on occasions as we have a less than dynamic midfield but he just doesn't show. In fact I have seen him look distinctly second rate against the like of Bentley, Tugay, Dunn and Reid. Just thinking back to the last city game when Hughes was here - got loads of grief about how 'The Boz.' whould destroy our midfield. After we passed them to death in the most one sided of games I've seen in years (think we only won 1-0) they were all going on about how the top four sides would struggle against us. Think there is an element of winding up on here.

Most of Barton's good performances came before he moved to Newcastle, he hasn't really produced anything of note whilst he's been there. Think he's had 9 appearances this season? He did look the most committed on Sunday, but then, it's not hard considering the other players seemed to be going through the motions on their way down to the Championship.

Most of Barton's good performances came before he moved to Newcastle, he hasn't really produced anything of note whilst he's been there. Think he's had 9 appearances this season? He did look the most committed on Sunday, but then, it's not hard considering the other players seemed to be going through the motions on their way down to the Championship.

What's he good at though? I just can't see it. I saw him a few times with City and he was never their best midfielder IMO.

Edited by The Prof.

for those who think he's good, what particular skills is he good at?

Does he pick a good pass, can he beat his man, has he got good awareness, has he got a good long-range shot on him, does he close down well ... ?

'Cos fromw hat I've seen he's bang average and just runs around a lot.

• Backroom

Barton's shown glimpses of talent, he wouldn't be sought after if he didn't have skill. He's got a good passing game, he's very committed (on Sunday he was one of the few Newcastle players who looked arsed, closing players down and chasing the ball) and tries to be a leader on the pitch.

He might be overrated by some, but I have no doubt he's good enough for the premiership. His attitude is and I think always will be his biggest problem. He's not like Savage, Dickov or Diouf, who may get into a few more on-pitch altercations than the average player but are generally considered good blokes off the pitch, Barton's a scumbag as much off the pitch as on it.

His reputation preceeds him in matches, I'm sure, but he only has himself to blame for that and should expect no less after the things he's done.

Edited by DE4life

barton is all sort of things outside of football-but on the field i think he is a very talented footballer who surely would be better then what we have..

at newcastle i dont think he has had the best of time regarding injuries and suspensions, but at man city he showed what he is about-even getting called upto england squad...

i would hope we look else where tho...

Birmingham then according to the press who think us and Bolton have too much sense.

Off to Birmingham to play in centre midfield alongside Lee Bowyer.

Ouch.

I also didnt think it was a sending off either on sunday - think his reputation was taking into account. Any other player would of got a yellow for that tackle.

He didn't even think it was a foul! :lol:

Sorry, must have been another user with a similar name.

I've got a spare hour, i'll check back and see who it was.

is he actually *any* good?

No. Not any more - i've watched him play for newcastle over the last couple of seasons and he's been rubbish.

Even though he is old, Nicky Butt has been far better for them. Smith/Barton have been generally ineffective when i've seen them play.

• Backroom

Let's try again:

He can pass. Watch games he's played for City and you can see that... he hasn't featured enough in an awful Newcastle team to display such talent regularly. If he didn't have such talent, he wouldn't be so sought after despite his record. The fact he's still getting interest says something about the skills he has.

He's a workhorse who doesn't give up. Much like Savage, he'll chase opponents across the pitch and put them under pressure. Obviously, sometimes it gets him in trouble (Sunday as an example) much like it did Sav, but it's a trait not enough footballers possess.

He attempts to lead the team by example and motivate. Again, much like Sav. He's not afraid to give underperforming players a piece of his mind.

In fact, he's in many ways like a more technically gifted version of Savage, but he somehow has a far worse attitude and appears to be a terrible human being.

Edited by DE4life

Are you sure you don't want to change your guilty plea - CHECK YOUR QUOTE from June 12 2008??? Oh well!

Regarding FaceBook petition - in reply to EwoodGlory signing on - "Me too. Resisted for as long as I could and then had to give in when I realised it ws becoming more and more of a possibility that he was going to be given more than an out of politeness interview. I laughed when sky first linked Hughes going to City with allardyce's swift return from holiday."

Hope your memory is better at work than it is on here!

Or is that a different Gumboots?

Let's try again:

He can pass. Watch games he's played for City and you can see that... he hasn't featured enough in an awful Newcastle team to display such talent regularly. If he didn't have such talent, he wouldn't be so sought after despite his record. The fact he's still getting interest says something about the skills he has.

He's a workhorse who doesn't give up. Much like Savage, he'll chase opponents across the pitch and put them under pressure. Obviously, sometimes it gets him in trouble (Sunday as an example) much like it did Sav, but it's a trait not enough footballers possess.

He attempts to lead the team by example and motivate. Again, much like Sav. He's not afraid to give underperforming players a piece of his mind.

In fact, he's in many ways like a more technically gifted version of Savage, but he somehow has a far worse attitude and appears to be a terrible human being.

this sums joey barton up perfectly..

Yes, he got Sam the sack at Newcastle.

Far be it for me to question such an authority as the main cheerleader of the Tony Adams School of management - but whilst there are reasonable arguments being put forward why Rovers shouldn't sign the cloven hoofed one; this isn't one of them.

Joey Barton did not get Sam Allardyce the sack.

Sam Allardyce was fired because he was appointed by Freddie Shepherd's ancien régime. His persona suited neither the corporate image of Sports Direct nor the style of football to which the Toon faithful were accustomed and demanded(losing mainly).

Kevin Keegan chose to keep Barton long after Sam had been shown the door. There was no pressure for him to sell from the fans apparently. Keegan made a footballing decision and the same board that fired Allardyce was obviously happy to acquiesce to that decision. Joe Kinnear's subsequent (truncated) incumbency was further marked by a reluctance to sell Barton.

The decision to sign Barton was way down the list of reasons why those self-deluded zealots of the Geordie Nation wanted BFS out: David Rozenhal, Geremi and the hornless rhino that is Mark Viduka are just three other good reasons.

As soon as the crowd started to vent its frustration, the writing was on the wall for Sam. The decision thereafter to axe Allardyce was an easy one for a populist like Ashley. His subsequent appointments say it all: 2 Geordie Messiahs and arch henchman of the Cockney mafia.

I think there might be a lot of people boycotting matches if this one happens. I'm still not happy that we tood Diouf, but so far, apart from having a bit of an over the top go at the ref, he hasn't done anything to show us up. Barton is a permanent accident waiting to happen.

Do you never think to question your own judgement when your pre-conceived thoughts are continually proven wrong gumboots? :rolleyes:

Betting Zone:

1500: Blackburn Rovers are the 4/1 favourites to sign football’s bad boy Joey Barton, according to Paddy Power.

Following Barton’s latest suspension at current club Newcastle today, the bookie is betting on where Barton might go next with Sam Allardyce, the manager who signed him for Newcastle, the favourite to be reunited with the midfielder at Ewood Park.

Blackburn are followed in the betting by Bolton Wanderers at 13/2 with former club Manchester City at 9/1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.