• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll please Mods.................

Options:

No Chance

Yes

Yes - but only with several clauses in the contract protecting the club

As someone else pointed out you can't protect the club from his absence if he does something stupid and ends up going back to jail. You can sack him but can't bring in a replacement, except a free agent (and there's usually a reason why they are free agents) till the next transfer window. I know the same applies to players getting injured but that's something all clubs face. They don't all face the problems Barton could bring.

Who cares? Do you know nothing about business. Barton has a value and we need midfield players. It's up to SA and JW to decide what he is worth to us and offer it. If he comes fine, if he doesn't then we move on. Head over heart is usually the best way forward eddie. You should try it occasionally.

You're being more than a bit harsh on Eddie , here , Drog .

Regardless of the footballing qualities of Barton - and IMO you're seriously over-estimating them - football isn't like any other business . Everyone should know that much by now ! There are all too many supporters out there who would not countenance Barton playing here , even if he was a free transfer playing for a fraction of what he was before .

The board cannot send out glossy season ticket flyers emphasising that we're a family club , encouraging kids and families to attend and then have thugs like Barton pulling on the shirt . At the very least it would give the waverers an excuse not to come down to Ewood ; at the worst it deter present supporters from continuing to do so .

It is not as if we have the choice between keeping the present set of midfielders OR signing this ar$e . There are other choices out there ...most of them not raving psychopaths .

Signing Barton would be madness for Allardyce ; if it went wrong his detractors would regard it as the final nail in his coffin . And all for a player who's just a tadge above the average prem midfield player ? I can't believe he's stupid enough to risk it .......again . Nor should anyone encourage him in contemplating such idiocy .

Signing Barton would be madness for Allardyce ; if it went wrong his detractors would regard it as the final nail in his coffin

Detractors, are you relating that comment to Big Sam? If so, what has he done wrong exactly?

Detractors, are you relating that comment to Big Sam? If so, what has he done wrong exactly?

Not necessarily a lot but there are plenty on here worried about who he might sign and about the style of football we're seeing at the moment and hoping it won't continue next year. Even some of the fans who are quite supportive of him at the moment have strong reservations about where we'll go long term if we stick with him. I presume they are the people being referred to - those who at the moment have no particular axe to grind but might turn quickly if things don't go well

Regardless of the footballing qualities of Barton - and IMO you're seriously over-estimating them - football isn't like any other business . Everyone should know that much by now ! There are all too many supporters out there who would not countenance Barton playing here , even if he was a free transfer playing for a fraction of what he was before .

The board cannot send out glossy season ticket flyers emphasising that we're a family club , encouraging kids and families to attend and then have thugs like Barton pulling on the shirt . At the very least it would give the waverers an excuse not to come down to Ewood ; at the worst it deter present supporters from continuing to do so .

It is not as if we have the choice between keeping the present set of midfielders OR signing this ar$e . There are other choices out there ...most of them not raving psychopaths .

Signing Barton would be madness for Allardyce ; if it went wrong his detractors would regard it as the final nail in his coffin . And all for a player who's just a tadge above the average prem midfield player ? I can't believe he's stupid enough to risk it .......again . Nor should anyone encourage him in contemplating such idiocy .

Amen!! I've not read every post in this thread but, has anyone mentioned Joey's brother who is in prison for murder(i believe)? Now you can't judge Joey Barton by looking at his brother but, one has to wonder what kind upbringing they've had. It would seem to have been a violent one. Right, i do not really know what their background is but, there is evidence here. If in fact the Barton's have suffered from this kind of early life then it's not going to just disappear and certainly not anytime soon. He's got a bad temper. He acts very rashly when things are not going his way. He acts in a cowardly manner in all the incidents over the years. He preys on people in prone positions(cigarette in the eye,Dabo blindside), the kid he picked on that was outnumbered 3 to 1. He doesn't attack or confront people that might be his size or larger or that are not in prone positions. He's cannot control his temper and it's not going to change without therapy.

You're right, but football isn't unusual for why Barton would be a bad signing. The football club does actually have to consider its public image and how that might affect sponsors, corporate entertainment, season ticket sales, merchandising and the rest. This is no different from a clothing company, record label or any other business for that matter factoring in public opinion when making a decision.

Beyond that, the Barton's on the field actions will most likely lead to him missing time and possible fines for the club, whilst his off the field actions could further damage the clubs image and also lead to him missing time.

I just don't want to have to support the guy. Diouf is unpleasant, but he hasn't made a habit of beating people up. Drog, you'd usually be on ICBINF calling for more severe prison sentences, don't you think Barton should still be in prison rather than potentially trotting out at Ewood Park?

Not necessarily a lot but there are plenty on here worried about who he might sign and about the style of football we're seeing at the moment

He has signed Diouf and Givet, so far, who have both been improvements on what we have got. Givet in particular looks a class act. Personally, I am excited about who we may sign in the summer, even though as usual it will be difficult considering we have little/no cash!! As for the style of football, picking up points is the name of the game. Fair enough if we points to games ratio under Sam was not top 8 standard, some could have a go, but some of the sniping is nothing short of ridiculous.

Edited by John

He has signed Diouf and Givet, so far, who have both been improvements on what we have got. Givet in particular looks a class act. Personally, I am excited about who we may sign in the summer, even though as usual it will be difficult considering we have little/no cash!! As for the style of football, picking up points is the name of the game. Fair enough if we points to games ratio under Sam was not top 8 standard, some could have a go, but some of the sniping is nothing short of ridiculous.

Oh, I agree that in the present position the style has to be secondary to the points tally. I also think you'll find that I have said before i don't really care about style if we win because winning and especially against teams you don't expect to, or in matches where you ae clearly second best, as in the Spurs game, and somehow nick the points, creates its own excitement. However, there are a significant number who have already expressed concerns about style next season and it won't take much to upset them.

Absolutely spot on. I am one of those supporters who will not countenance Barton playing here under any conditions what so ever - even if he paid us for the priveledge!!!!!.

I just hope that if anyone conected with Blackburn Rovers gives the idea of signing Barton more than a nano seconds considerations they look at this thread. A number of posts have eloquently explained Barton's faults and problems. This is a complete no brainer. A bad joke.

• 1 month later...
Not necessarily a lot but there are plenty on here worried about who he might sign and about the style of football we're seeing at the moment and hoping it won't continue next year. Even some of the fans who are quite supportive of him at the moment have strong reservations about where we'll go long term if we stick with him. I presume they are the people being referred to - those who at the moment have no particular axe to grind but might turn quickly if things don't go well

Who cares about that lot? Most of em welcomed Ince last summer as some sort of modern day messiah ffs! I frequently refer to them as the 'Know nowts' gumboots. I suggest that you do likewise. ;)

He's cannot control his temper and it's not going to change without therapy.

I'll go with that but ... I'm sure he's had evry opportunity for that too.

Edited by thenodrog

Telegraph

I'm sorry but this is getting beyond a joke!

Over to you ASEF?

I'm generally quite a happy chappy who has good chuckle when I read amusing stuff in the paper but for the first time in years I actually broke out into a belly laugh when I read this. I was in hysterics, tears down the cheeks stuff. Absolutely priceless. You couldn't make it up. What a set of numpties. Caveat Emptor guys Caveat Emptor :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.