BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, powers that were at NU said no to Sam signing Barton until Sam put his reputation on the line with a trust me I can handle him pledge based on a promise from the player.

Barton's subsequent behaviour were a huge factor in putting the skids under Sam's tenure up there.

The likelihood of Sam signing Barton again is surely zero.

Agreed.

Joey Barton is one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent years. A few years ago, I considered him good enough to play alongside Gerrard in the England first team and genuinely thought that he'd at least break into the 18 man squad on a regular basis. But he'd rather spend stubbing cigars out in teenagers eyes, beat up his fellow players and assault kids outside MacDonalds. Such a waste.

I don't care how talented he is as a footballer, he is in fact a violent thug and a complete disgrace to the game of football and himself (not that he is likely to care about that last bit with his mindset).

I certainly don't want to see him anyehere near Blackburn Rovers ever again, bu unfortunately the ruling powers in football will all look on him as a money making commodity and he will still be employed by some PL team if not Newcastle.

Edited by Fife Rover

If Rovers ever take Barton onto their playing staff I'm doing a Waggy...( posting endless pointless ramblings on here and boycotting matches).

If Rovers ever take Barton onto their playing staff I'm doing a Waggy...( posting endless pointless ramblings on here and boycotting matches).

I think there might be a lot of people boycotting matches if this one happens. I'm still not happy that we tood Diouf, but so far, apart from having a bit of an over the top go at the ref, he hasn't done anything to show us up. Barton is a permanent accident waiting to happen.

I think there might be a lot of people boycotting matches if this one happens. I'm still not happy that we tood Diouf, but so far, apart from having a bit of an over the top go at the ref, he hasn't done anything to show us up. Barton is a permanent accident waiting to happen.

You could always start a FaceBook petition?! Then he won't come at summer, but will probably be here by Jan! :-)

You could always start a FaceBook petition?! Then he won't come at summer, but will probably be here by Jan! :-)

Wouldn't do that but can you honestly say you think Barton would be a good signing for us. He's never going to sort himself out if he hasn't done so already, at least not while he's playing football. perhaps away from football he might become a respectable citizen but even then i wouldn't hold my breath.

I bet Barton ends up at 1 of the following: Birmingham, Bolton or Rovers.

Your right Hughesy. Whether people like it or not there is a VERY good chance he might end up with us.

Wouldn't do that but can you honestly say you think Barton would be a good signing for us. He's never going to sort himself out if he hasn't done so already, at least not while he's playing football. perhaps away from football he might become a respectable citizen but even then i wouldn't hold my breath.

No, I would prefer he went somewhere else.

Your comments just reminded me of your feelings when BFS was linked with us! - It was just a tongue in cheek answer to your previous FaceBook push!

is he actually *any* good?

Hugely talented in my opinion but thats overshadowed and negated by being a complete nutcase. If someone could calm him down or he could mature and finally cut the stupid antics then he would be a player that a lot of clubs would be interested in signing.

If he didn't come with all that baggage i would definitely have him at Rovers, he's the sort of player skills wise we could do with. But i can't see him changing so its best to stay well clear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.