SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evoloution Soccer 5

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been out a couple of days now and no ones said too much about it so far.

I've got to say that I'm not overly impressed and actually preferred PES4.

And without applying any option files, the half way house of some teams being fully kitted out and others not just looks plain stupid. I played as "Lancashire" Vs Chelsea and our kit just looked comical next to Chelseas. Very poor presentation. Just hope I get into the game otherwise it's £29.97 down the drain.

Not too keen on PES5 because i think the fact that they have only done the real names & kits for chelsea & arsenal is disrespectful to the other clubs.

Also if you look at the players faces, only the biger teams have actually had the real players images put on.

Is there any download to sort both the kits, names & players images out?

Also the commentry is the same as PES4 and to be honest they havent changes much to the overall game play.

Dribbling is slightly harder, however still not too hard once you get the nack of it.

So far Fifa is the winner this year for me

Guest Kamy100
Not too keen on PES5 because i think the fact that they have only done the real names & kits for chelsea & arsenal is disrespectful to the other clubs.

Also if you look at the players faces, only the biger teams have actually had the real players images put on.

Is there any download to sort both the kits, names & players images out?

Also the commentry is the same as PES4 and to be honest they havent changes much to the overall game play.

Dribbling is slightly harder, however still not too hard once you get the nack of it.

So far Fifa is the winner this year for me

355571[/snapback]

Got to disagree with that. Whilist FIFA is a mighty fine game this year and becomes very predictable after a while. PES5 is more of a simulation, the pace of the game is much better than PES4, the gameplay has been tweaked signficantly compared to previous versions. Playing on 5 Star is now extremely challenging, as close to life like as I have ever come across, you've got to really build up play and to open teams up is tough.

The link below will update player names, team names and most importantly will five you proper kits:

Picture of Rovers Kit:

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/attachment....10&d=1129620532

Link to the Option File:

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/showthread.php?t=87057

Had an all-nighter on it on Friday and its not too bad to be honest. I think its pretty easy to dribble, but some games can get scrappy in midfield I dont think its as easy as before to ping it about. Took me a few games to get used to it then started scoring a few then really strugglin to score for a few games

Playing on 5 Star is now extremely challenging, as close to life like as I have ever come across, you've got to really build up play and to open teams up is tough.

355575[/snapback]

But why would you ever want to make it that dull? Also, if it was really life like, wouldn't you need to play a real time (ie 90 minutes) just to get a couple of goals in a game? Sounds boring to me.

Put this in the fm thread by mistake, does anyone know where I could get this game for Xbox but for an american xbox? It's not for me, but for a friend and he simply can't find it in america.

355829[/snapback]

PES5 isn't out in the US. Your friend will have to buy Winning Eleven 9 International. Close enough. (Or aquire/buy the PAL version if they have a chipped xbox)

Edited by Biddy

But why would you ever want to make it that dull?  Also, if it was really life like, wouldn't you need to play a real time (ie 90 minutes) just to get a couple of goals in a game?  Sounds boring to me.

355859[/snapback]

Dull to me is playing a match where you shoot and it automatically curls into the corner everytime... ie fifa, every goal in fifa is pretty much the same, although fifa 2006 has improved since 2005 its just nothing compared with PES5

Bought it today, mainly because of the Online Play option, so i'm not bothered about if its not a big step up from the last version (which I didnt get, as I only tend to upgrade every 2 versions).

Anybody know where to get a cheap network adapter now !!! and.. who fancies setting up an online league ?

Bought it today, mainly because of the Online Play option, so i'm not bothered about if its not a big step up from the last version (which I didnt get, as I only tend to upgrade every 2 versions).

Anybody know where to get a cheap network adapter now !!!  and.. who fancies setting up an online league ?

355929[/snapback]

Sony network adapters are becoming hard to come by. I have a few freinds who want to add HDs to their PS2 (the network adapter doubles as a HD adapter) but can't find anyone with stock left.

Game in Bolton are selling them. I know cos Ive just bought one for the Hard Drive adapter.(The bigger one of the 2)

Also

Also a couple of months ago I came onto a Pro Evo thread on this board and basicly said it was a crap game and I don't like it.

I was very very very wrong.

Now admittedly the gameplay is very similar to Pro Evo 4, its just that I have had the opportunity to play Pro Evo 5 properly to appreciate it and it is 10 times bettr than 3 pass throughball Fifa. The game can be as pcretty or as ugly as you want, you can dictate the pace of the game against friends, if you tried slowing it down on Fifa they quite litrally scored. Ive even been able to ajust to the Club team names(Come on You Lancashire)

All I'll say is I was very Very wrong on this one, I have finaly seen the light and perhaps will even trade my copy of Fifa in.

Oh and Im playing the XBOX version as well is there a specific way of getting the team info off the Internet and on my XBOX without me having to edit each individual name and kit

Oh and Im playing the XBOX version as well is there a specific way of getting the team info off the Internet and on my XBOX without me having to edit each individual name and kit

356134[/snapback]

You'll need a Max Drive, then keep an eye on www.pesfan.com for when they've worked out how to update the xbox option file.

The update for the PS2 is class.

Did you design that Rovers kit? I got Pro Evo 5 the other day and it is brilliant. It is harder than the one's before, but I'm sure that's a good thing. The passing is so much more realistic. However, the default names that they have given to players from Germany and Holland really annoys me. I've had to put all the hours spent watching Euro Sport and Euro Goals to good use, in trying to identify players and edit their names. Does anyone know any websites with the real names of players on it?

Ok people:-

Any tips on shooting would be apreciated.  Even if I just tap circle slightly the ball flies up into the sky.

Cheers

357757[/snapback]

First tip is to use the right controls. Only women change the control system to FIFA buttons. Square is shoot, deal with it biggrin.gif

Holding R2 whilst you shoot from range gives a more precise shot although it looks like it really prefers you to do it on your strongest foot. Make sure you aren't doing something silly like holding L1 to make it a chip, because just tapping shoot shouldn't sky the ball anywhere.

I'm finding it's just practise with this one. It has been a difficult shift from PES4 to PES5, some aspects of the game I'm just learning from scratch.

Currently playing a Master League on 4 star with Rovers, comfortably top of the league and in the cup final in my first season. Hoping for promotion and the step up to 5 star.

I'm playing a very simple game plan. I've signed one player - Jan Koller. Team lines up as follows -

Friedel

Neill            Nelsen          Todd

Tugay
           Emerton                          Thompson

Bellamy                                          Pedersen

Kuqi          Koller

Knock the ball out to Neill, run as far as poss without being tackled, as the defender approaches, lay it out to Emerton. Same again, draw in the full bag and put Bellamy through down the line. Simple double tap cross to the two big men, one of them more often than not gets an effort on target in. Usually score 2 or 3 a game no problem.

Have noticed a few nice touches that I had never noticed before, not sure whether they are new, but things like holding down square to close defenders down with a spare man while you track the runner with the player you're controlling makes the game more enjoyable and gives you another dimension to consider. Similarly, tapping R2 after a forward pass to have the player who passed the ball sprint forward ahead of who he passed it to - very good way to get in behind. Also enjoying the lay-off free kick, yet to master it though!

Fantastic game, its hard to imagine getting so much enjoyment from FIFA. The beauty of Pro Evo is simple - it makes you think deeper than any other football game. If you thrive on that kind of gameplay, its the one for you. If you prefer screaming them in from 40 yards routinely, then its probably not.

Edited by Tugay4England

bellamy11,Nov 1 2005, 11:40 ]

First tip is to use the right controls. Only women change the control system to FIFA buttons. Square is shoot, deal with it

biggrin.gif How did you know that I had changed them to be like FIFA biggrin.gif

Edited by Cocker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.