BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evoloution Soccer 5

Guest Kamy100

Because circle is chip, not shoot.

I'm having big trouble finishing chances, especially one on ones. It's not so much that they go over, but I seem to hit the keeper far too much. One on ones aren't a guarenteed source of goals any more.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because circle is chip, not shoot.

I'm having big trouble finishing chances, especially one on ones. It's not so much that they go over, but I seem to hit the keeper far too much. One on ones aren't a guarenteed source of goals any more.

357846[/snapback]

Oh no, I wasn't getting the two buttons mixed up as I have swapped them round so in my case circle is shoot and that is what I am pressing but no matter what I do it goes over - apart from one shot last night which went straight into the top corner from outside the box - but I didn't do anything different - it is annoying

Oh no, I wasn't getting the two buttons mixed up as I have swapped them round so in my case circle is shoot and that is what I am pressing but no matter what I do it goes over - apart from one shot last night which went straight into the top corner from outside the box - but I didn't do anything different - it is annoying

357917[/snapback]

I'm not saying you are getting them mixed up. I answered your question as to how I know you'd changed the buttons to woman-buttons.

There must be a reason why you're skying the ball all the time if you're just 'tapping' shoot. Make sure you aren't holding anything else down (except R2 which should give a more accurate shot). Maybe you're just too used to being able to score from 75 yards in FIFA, and are having a puzzled reaction to this not being the easiest game of all time?

I'm not saying you are getting them mixed up. I answered your question as to how I know you'd changed the buttons to woman-buttons.

There must be a reason why you're skying the ball all the time if you're just 'tapping' shoot. Make sure you aren't holding anything else down (except R2 which should give a more accurate shot). Maybe you're just too used to being able to score from 75 yards in FIFA, and are having a puzzled reaction to this not being the easiest game of all time?

357942[/snapback]

Your a cheeky git arnt you tongue.gif

I remember buying Fifa 2004 for a 10er or something, playing it for 10 mins and thinking I'd made a huge mistake, playing it for another 20 and thinking it the worst football game ever made.

Since then the only football game I will even look at is Pro Evo. Am yet to get 5, but it is on the christmas list.

I'm making a plea for anyone with updated names to PM/e-mail me with a sorted list. I see that both Turkey and the USA have been destroyed in order to accomodate the pointless licensing of Arsenal and Chelsea.

If I were a PC user, I would have no problem. Yet as a Mac owner USB plugs and memory files are all PC only and impossible to use.

Many thanks.

There are 2 many fouls in a game

The comp just play defensive. Play for possession!!!!!Tankyou come again

358860[/snapback]

So...just like real football then?

Edit: Out of curiosity...do you post on the PESFan forums as well?

Edited by LeChuck

We managed to get an update in our house at uni but my friend supports Bumley (shocking I know) and before I could copy the option file he edited Bumley in over Rovers!! So I have an obivious problem (other then living with a Dingle)

Does anybody know a good option file to get for updated kits etc??

I'm not exactly a whizz on PC to PS2 transfers, what do I need? and how does it work?

Any help would be super.

Playing a master league with newly created team on 4/5 stars is nigh on impossible. I scored 3 all season and resorted back to 2 stars fro the friendlies so I stayed in the game

360142[/snapback]

Masterleague on 4-5 stars is always difficult to begin with, but well worth the perserverance. If you can adapt to it, going back to the stronger teams / international will seem alot easier (as will using players with alot more pace / skill)

I've just about got into winning form by doing the following (when creating a new team) :

Bring in a decent keeper (especially with 1-1 stopper - Yohann Pele), midfielder (passing - Ledesma) and striker (post player & scoring - Kurani) from the off.

Stick to the 3-5-2 formation, as it helps to keep possession in the middle of the pitch, where the computer tends to dominate games.

Play your fastest CB's on the outsides, as they majority of passes the CPU tries will be through balls into the channels.

Always use the triangle button to charge down oncoming attackers in the area (especially using keepers with 1-1 stopper skill), the keeper always seems win the challenge.

Use your defence / midfield to pass the ball around and draw the CPU out of position, before using a couple of quick passes to get the ball to the strikers. Long punts from the back aren't very effective anymore (as they were in PES4), nor is trying to get down the wings and crossing into the area (especially with so many poor players in the team).

A quick one-two or one touch pass in the final 3rd should help get your 'star' striker into the area (this is where having 'post player' skill helps, Kurani is great at beating the last man and making room in the area) where a tap on the shoot button should be enough to get a shot in on target.

Unless you have a decent direct free kick taker, try passing the ball to a striker in the area, turn and shoot. I've managed to score quite a few this way and, in a packed area, there's a decent chance you can win a penalty when the CPU tries to lunge in!

The key is to try and make a small fortune on the friendlies, because without the extra points, you'll have next to nothing to spend on new players. You seem to get more points by beating the higher ranked / 'special' teams.

I also found it helps alot if you master the controlling the ball / dribble / feint skills in a free training session. The controlling the ball skills are particularly helpful, because most of the players have terrible 1st touches and these will help eliminate them and give you a little more time on the ball.

We managed to get an update in our house at uni but my friend supports Bumley (shocking I know) and before I could copy the option file he edited Bumley in over Rovers!! So I have an obivious problem (other then living with a Dingle)

I'm not exactly a whizz on PC to PS2 transfers, what do I need? and how does it work?

Any help would be super.

360421[/snapback]

Don't take that! Edit his Football manager data file and set all the Burnley player names to Dingle and set their skills all to 1.

When I first played it I thought it was amazingly slow, but I've become used to it and love it. The pace is more realistic and once you forget about the ridiculous speed of PES4 it doesn't seem slow at all. When I now play it I find it more than fast enough.

Any help would be super.

360421[/snapback]

you need a max drive. and you can get one here

I started a Masters League with 5 stars and the original ML team (Minanda et al) and though it is tougher to score relative to PES 4, I managed quite a few 1-0 wins to promote the Rovers (despite a 2-0 defeat to edited Bumley!!)

Love this game even more than PES4.

The max drive sounds promising and at only £10...

Has anyone found that the defenders defend so deep that theres no room to get in behind. Unless thats just my mate being boring and defensive. Its hard to score though, because you cant get close enough to goal.

360898[/snapback]

In comparison to PES4, it is alot harder (at least to begin with) to get behind defences with wingers and strikers, unless they've got exceptional pace / dribbling skills.

I've found playing a formation with an attacking midfielder just behind the front two helps alot, playing directly through the middle of the pitch, as opposed to attacking from the wings.

The majority of goals I've scored have been through passing the ball around in midfield, drawing out the opposition midfielders and defenders, then playing into the space created with a couple of quick passes or a through ball (lofted through balls seem to work the best if you've got a midfielder good enough).

Plying XBOX version

How do you get a cross into the near post?

How do you get an attacking player to make runs off the ball when you are in possesion?

Also I read on here that you could get Keepers up for corners on Evo 4 how do you do that on 5?

The game seems to always be that little bit too tight and defensive sometimes but thats probably because I havn't worked it out yet after being a Fifa Failure for so long

For crossing (like shooting) it depends on how long you hold down the O button for. For a high cross press once, for a waist high press O twice and for a low cross press O three times in quick succession.

For the second question, to get a player to move into space after passing the ball to a colleague hold down L2 when pressing X to pass and the guy will run on. If you subsequently press triangle when the colleague has the ball then he'll pass it back to the attacking player (basically it's a one-two)

Don't know about the goalkeepers at corners, might be a simple case of pressing the L1 button until the keeper is selected?

Edited by Lee

For crossing (like shooting) it depends on how long you hold down the O button for. For a high cross press once, for a waist high press O twice and for a low cross press O three times in quick succession.

For the second question, to get a player to move into space after passing the ball to a colleague hold down L2 when pressing X to pass and the guy will run on. If you subsequently press triangle when the colleague has the ball then he'll pass it back to the attacking player (basically it's a one-two)

Don't know about the goalkeepers at corners, might be a simple case of pressing the L1 button until the keeper is selected?

361528[/snapback]

Basically, if the situation warrants a goalkeeper up, you hang on and watch the radar to see if he is doing so. Sometimes he stops at the halfway line. Sometimes he comes all the way up. You just have to wait. I don't think there's actually a way of doing it every time.

I now have Max Drive and it is drving me crazy. I can't seem to get the option file from PC to the PS2.

I download the file no problem. Then I click on it and winzip comes up, then I extract to the max drive and it appears to be on dongle thing. however, when I come round topluggin it into the PS2 nothing is there!!

What am I doing wrong? Computers stress me out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.