BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Recent Departures

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary was done for perverting the course of justice. He was never done for drink driving- only repeatedly for speeding and banned (shouldn't be a crime- it's a revenue raising dodge). While banned he borrowed a mate's ID and kept driving. He got done for speeding again under the mate's name, but got away with it until he scored the winning goal for Ipswich against Man City. the policeman who did him saw the photo of him in the local paper and remembered that wasn't the name he'd given him and bob's your uncle. One month inside and one month with a tag.

For the record he spent a couple of seasons at Ipswich and since then he's been at Cardiff (where he spent all of last season injured) before being frozen out because of their financial difficulties and moving to Grimsby again.

The ex Rovers boys had a influence in the Sheff Utd - Leicester game 2day. Nissa gave away a pen and Gillespie put in a great cross for ifill's goal.

I always thought Gillespie was a great player when he played for us. Not like Souness to fall out with a good player is it wink.gif

You and Mr. 6 are the only ones with that opinion about Gillespie

337135[/snapback]

Obviously have not been reading this thread.....have u???

Me and the doctor also said we liked super keith.........its at the top of the page for god sake!!

You and Mr. 6 are the only ones with that opinion about Gillespie

337135[/snapback]

Mr. 6?!!! What an absolute idiot. Thank goodness you didn't mean me. I have always considered Keith Gillespie to be something between a one-trick pony and a mule - because his pace (hardly a 'trick') was all he had going for him.

He contributed now and again as a fill-in but head-less chicken are only so useful.

Nissa handballed for Leicester giving away a penalty in Sheffield's 4-1 victory.  Not a promising start  tongue.gif

337187[/snapback]

That's the sort of thing Nissa was prone to do, though, wasn't it. Although ususally in the 89th minute of a 0-0 game where the opposition have never looked like scoring and Nissa's been a rock.

• 2 weeks later...

What's happened to David Yelldell?? He doesnt even have a squad number this year. Has he been farmed out?

Here's a challenge for you all...where are they now???

Georgis Donis

Hakan Unsal

Jorge Gonzalez

Patrick Valery

I see that Ben Burgess is still scoring for Hull these days and Burton O'Brien pops up with a goal every now and again too.

tinykit.gif

Warhurst was a very talented player but a player who never realised his potential like so many players over the years.

340775[/snapback]

Warhurst was never the same after he broke his leg in a challenge by Terry Fenwick of Swindon.

What ever happened to David Dunn? Has he ever actually played for Birminum or is he just adding to Super Atko's pie industry profits?

336589[/snapback]

I just found out the full name of the lead character in the movie "Unbreakable", who also happens to be completely invincible, is David Dunn.

Oh the irony.

ps. As an aside, as much as I hate them, Birmingham look like they will be half decent once everyone is fit (Dunn's due back at the end of september, Heskey for their next game I think).

Forsell    Pandiani

Heskey/Grey    Butt      Dunn    Pennant

Clapham  Upson  Cunningham Melchiot

Taylor

There's a lot of talent in their team (Forsell, Dunn, Upson, Melchiot, Maik Taylor, Pandiani, Heskey, Pennant are all very good players. Butt might refind his form too....) they just need to bring them together. Our game against them could be very tough.

Forgot that they have just got Jarosik too! One player I wouldnto of minded turning out for us!

Edited by joey_big_nose

Brum certainly do seem to have a decent side on paper, but their problem is that with Bruce as manager they are considerably less than the sum of their parts. A 2-1 home loss to Man City, who on paper have a less talented side than Brum, is a testament to that.

As for ex-Rovers players... I forgot to mention that I saw Dwight Yorke turn out for Trinidad and Tobago last week against the U.S. in a World Cup qualifier. I'll cut him a little slack since his team really isn't any good, but Dwight was pretty much invisible the entire game, bereft of the ball even when he dropped back into midfield to try to turn provider for the T&T attack.

After the 1-0 loss, though, he was all smiles as usual. biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.