BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

"18,000*28 =£504,000

30,000*12=£360,000

I know which one I'd rather have."

Deeeeyell Jan!  I wonder why brfc4eva couldn't manage that simple calculation?  Its not just him but loads on here suffer from the same problem.  I blame comprehensive education personally.

389251[/snapback]

Can do without the smartarse comments, esp when i got 2A's and a C at a-level and im currently suding at university. Where did i say that the club MUST implement the £12 rule? I gave a reason for the decrease in the crowds over a long period of time. Imo its the greed of players with their overtly inflated wages which means the clubs can no longer charge those kinda prices but must keep on rising them year on year above inflation. You must also consider our future support in terms of kids and what a full house and great atmposhere can do to inspire the players. However, I can quite comfortable realise why the club cant afford to do this esp when the bigger teams bring 3-7k at £32.

Anyway after correcting smartarse nog, just thought id say that the crowd was pretty decent y'day. 22k when its a sat evening game on sky. Perhaps a 3pm game might have seen 24k +. Think Gav's bet is gona be made with wigans remaining fix, their average is only gona come down.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids for a quid scheme helped against Villa yesterday, as the Darwen End was awash with them, I reckon the good publicity from the Spurs game also helpded this too.

However, Ipswich, Leeds, Wolves, Derby,Coventry, Reading, and Sheff Wed all had bigger gates than Rovers. In fact our gate was only the eighth biggest if we were in the Coca Cola Championship.

Obviously not in English laugh.gif

390075[/snapback]

No, why the hell would i wana study my own language when i can already do it to a good enough standard. Correcting spelling mistakes is also about as pathetic as you can get. Basically it means you havent got a decent response about what was said.

No, why the hell would i wana study my own language when i can already do it to a good enough standard. Correcting spelling mistakes is also about as pathetic as you can get. Basically it means you havent got a decent response about what was said.

390134[/snapback]

I study English Lit at university. Am I throwing my life away?

I study English Lit at university. Am I throwing my life away?

390140[/snapback]

Nope, cos your doing Eng Lit not Eng Lang. Besides thats just my personal opinion, other people would think im throwing my life away cos im doing history. Anyway, back to crowds...... wink.gif

Could we have organised groups of people in each area of the ground who are going to start some chanting off? Each group gets a text message with the next chant and they all start singing. Some people are better at getting some chanting going. Get enough little groups of these people all around the ground and that might get a better atmosphere going. There was a small group of people a couple of rows behind me in the Riverside yesterday that aren't usually there but were in fine voice. You join in without even realising it!

Might be a stupid idea, but it popped into my head this morning!

Kids for a quid?  I was speaking to a bloke after the game who confided to me that he bought a ticket for a quid and took his wife!  She strolled in and there were no checks and no questions asked.

Great business move eh?

390176[/snapback]

This is part of the reason why the club have to think very carefully about they implement a young adult matchday system. Loads of people who aren't under 16 still get in using junior tickets, when there are young adult tickets there's probably going to be loads of people doing the same with them.

i'd like to see rovers do kid a quid for a major fixture such as chelsea, or liverpool, especially if it's not on tv, with the intention of actually filling the stadium. this would be the sort of fixture / atmosphere that could inspire kids to really get the bug. how many of the kids from yesterdays match would have been inspired..........not many would be my guess. Just think if we'd have had thousands of kids on for the Man U game. it would be a bold move and require someone to have the courage to look beyong the short term loss in revenue & upsetting a few season tkt holders......so don't hold your breath.

Anyway after correcting smartarse nog, just thought id say that the crowd was pretty decent y'day. 22k when its a sat evening game on sky. Perhaps a 3pm game might have seen 24k +.

390074[/snapback]

Good crowd?...sorry but I dont agree.

Take away the 1,500? from Villa and the give away tickets at £1 and there wasn't much responce to be honest to Hughes call for more support from the Blackburn public,we still managed to barely scrape 20K!

Lets see what the crowd is against Boro.........................mmmmmmmmm dry.gif

Good crowd?...sorry but I dont agree.

Take away the 1,500? from Villa and the give away tickets at £1 and there wasn't much responce to be honest to Hughes call for more support from the Blackburn public,we still managed to barely scrape 20K!

Lets see what the crowd is against Boro.........................mmmmmmmmm dry.gif

390194[/snapback]

For a 5.15 game on tv i'd say the crowd was pretty decent, I know admitting that wouldn't sit well with your favourite pastime of slating Blackburn crowds but the crowd was well up on other crowds at similar times. If any of those who came in for a quid pester to be brought back then it was a good move by the club.

The gate was artificially swelled by about 2,000(maybe double that!)kids paying £1....if you cant see that there aint much hope!

Nowt against that but lets see if they pester their parents to come back and pay full price v Boro...then we can say it has been successful.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I thought there were 25,000 on so was shocked by just short of 22000.

Need to now do it again for a non-televised match and have pre-match entertainment and stuff going on outside and £5 vouchers for future matches.

Still not convinced by the overall Marketing(Period).

Did anyone else notice the guy who appeared to be doing some sort of cheer-leading in the DE about half way through second half?

If we're going to do kids for a quid perhaps the club should have people deployed in that area to really whip 'em up.

Nowt against that but lets see if they pester their parents to come back and pay full price v Boro...then we can say it has been successful.

390197[/snapback]

It suddenly became so cold that most kids will prob dread going again! The lack of decent clothing suitable for for such temperatures was evident. Slaves to fashion or cheap bargain hunters matters little but few people nowadays seem to value the benefits of proper clothing.

almost 3000 fans paid £1 at the game, 2200 from the home fans 800 from the away ones.

There were also 200 in from the Schools incentive scheme.

390336[/snapback]

How many of the usual price concessions would there have been?

to watch a game at Rovers now is just to expensive

if me and my partner or mate were going to watch rovers now this is what it would cost us for the day.

2 ticktets £60.00

1 program £ 3.50

travel £10.00

plus any food etc

u looking at spending around £80.00 just to watch a game of football i rather be at home in a warm surrounding and watch a match on the telly ok its not the same atmosphere but it dosn't empty my wallett.

***GAV`S £50 BET UPDATE***

After the 'kids for a quid' Saturday evening silly kick-off time game against Villa, a home crowd of 21932 made it look like this:-

Rovers tinykit.gif average league home attendance is 20363 after 14 home games (up 121)

Wigans average league home attendance is 21048 after 15 home games

(Rovers are an average of 685 behind with 5 home games left)

Rovers tinykit.gif total home attendances stand at 285081

Wigans total home attendances stand at 315726

(Rovers are 30645 behind)

Rovers tinykit.gif next 3 home games are...Boro, WIGAN & Liverpool (2 big gates there??)

Wigans next 3 home games are...West Ham, BIG club & Villa

(Could this be the chance to pull it back??) huh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.