BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

Newcastle are permitted to stage 'beam backs' because they sell out all their away allocations.

Talking of good away followings I was amazed with the West Ham following at Citeh last night. All the bottom tier and a good proportion of the top tier for a Monday night game 'up norff' shown live on terrestrial tv! I suppose the difference between us and them is that the Hammers draw their support from the whole of Essex .... the challange to us is to become the recognised team of Lancashire (and  no silly discussions about mergers please! We shouldn't be seeking compromise with our competitors ... we should be seeking to destroy them!)

392195[/snapback]

rover.gif well in that case the pubs should not be allowed to show rovers home games tinykit.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Newcastle cannot show it on dodgy sky and have to pay for a "beam back".  For the sake of a few fans in Blues Bar, I cannot see them recouping even a tenth of what that would cost.

391978[/snapback]

It might if the International and Prem suites and other areas of the ground offered the facility too.

Newcastle are permitted to stage 'beam backs' because they sell out all their away allocations.

.... the challange to us is to become the recognised team of Lancashire (and  no silly discussions about mergers please! We shouldn't be seeking compromise with our competitors ... we should be seeking to destroy them!)

392195[/snapback]

Did the mags sell out here this season ES?

A (red) rose by any other name is still a (red) rose! thumbs-up.gif I would also like to point out that any negotiations are far better done from a position of power. At the moment we have 3 clubs in our neck of the woods in a position of relative financial strength, 1 seemingly OK for the minute and two in deep sh1t.

***GAVs £50 BET UPDATE***

A gate of 18681 vs Boro didn`t help Gav in his quest to win his £50 bet. Here`s how it stands:-

Rovers tinykit.gif average home league gate is now 20251 after 15 homes (down 112)

Wigans average home league gate is 21048 after 15 home games.

(Rovers are an average of 797 behind)

Rovers tinykit.gif total home league gates stand at 303762

Wigans total home league gates stand at 315726

(Rover are 11964 behind)

Both teams final home games are:-

Rovers tinykit.gif ....Wigan,Liverpool,Chelsea & Man City

Wigan....West ham,BIG club,Villa & Portsmouth.

Rovers definately have the better/bigger game run-in, but Wigan play host to 3 of the relegation candidates, who will bring decent followings, due to the importance of the games.

NB...note to GAV, thought of doing a double or quits next season? huh.gif

they might if its the first time they have played their

as teams generally take a lot to new stadiums, look at us with man city, sell out everytime, arsenal this year sold out, with it being last ever game, arsenal next year will also be sold out smile.gif

All credit for your perseverance Cletus... bit this bets long been a goner.

392297[/snapback]

i dunno about that yet, i still think there is a little hope left.

we play chelsea and liverpool which are very popular games, a derby game against our rivals wigan and then we could sell out against man city if there is a champions league place on the line at the last game of the season.

the only problem is a few of those games are on tv and thats a problem dry.gif

chelsea is going to be moved if they beat newcastle, or so i was told

so that means no 3pm kick offs on saturdays

BUT

if man city hinges on us getting into CL or even UEFA i would expect a good blackburn following

Chelsea will bring a lot because of the new chelsea fans around this area

Liverpool bring 8k, plus a few pick n choose rovers fans coming.

Wigans the only downer, if we can get over 20k , job done

All credit for your perseverance Cletus... bit this bets long been a goner.

392297[/snapback]

I`ve felt that for a while too...but i think the average atts will be alot closer at the end of the season. However, i feel next season will balance out a bit more in Rovers tinykit.gif favour....the Wigan 'newness' of it all will wane a bit & they`ll drop below 20k.

chelsea is going to be moved if they beat newcastle, or so i was told

so that means no 3pm kick offs on saturdays

BUT

if man city hinges on us getting into CL or even UEFA i would expect a good blackburn following

Chelsea will bring a lot because of the new chelsea fans around this area

Liverpool bring 8k, plus a few pick n choose rovers fans coming.

Wigans the only downer, if we can get over 20k , job done

392504[/snapback]

agreed. wigan is a sky game and amazingly the 'pie eaters' have been given the whole of the darwen end !? blink.gif

i expect a similar following to the 1 bolton brought.

this, tv, monday night, coupled with chelsea not being a saturday game, could really kill the bet.

that said; city and the scousers' 8000, will ensure it's a close run thing.

Edited by pleasure

I've heard on the grapevine that most of the major local pubs who have been showing live footy on Saturdays at 3.00 have this week been issued with a letter from Sky (who have exclusive rights in UK) warning them that they face fines of up to £20,000 if they are caught. I think this may scare off a number of the landlords.

Also from another source that this was at the instigation of BRFC.

yeee, lets destroy the lives of the people that run them, that would be such fun ohmy.gif

393167[/snapback]

I said somewhere else on here that fans grassing up their local landlord wasn't a great idea,if they have had a "friendly warning" letter thats good,if they haven't got the sense to stop showing games after that they should get the book thrown at them,no sympathy whatsoever.

....although don't be surprised to see pub doors locked on a sat afternoon matchday now,locals only,back door entry...

I said somewhere else on here that fans grassing up their local landlord wasn't a great idea,if they have had a "friendly warning" letter thats good,if they haven't got the sense to stop showing games after that they should get the book thrown at them,no sympathy whatsoever.

....although don't be surprised to see pub doors locked on a sat afternoon matchday now,locals only,back door entry...

393192[/snapback]

I would'nt grass on my local...............

However entry by the back door (aka the tradesmans entrance) not this callsign pal wink.gif

I would'nt grass on my local...............

393257[/snapback]

Only a lowlife would grass on anyone .

Anyone who thinks that people are suddenly going to start flocking down to Ewood on the strength of this is plain stupid . Sooner or later punters will be able to watch games on their own TV or computer .....Sky and the Rovers(?) are trying to stop the tide of technology - and alienating people in the process . Better to entice people methinks .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.