BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

I would'nt grass on my local...............

However entry by the back door (aka the tradesmans entrance) not this callsign pal  wink.gif

393257[/snapback]

biggrin.gif

I tried several times to re-word it then gave up,back door,rear entrance,never mind eh sad.gif

Seriously though,grassing on a landlord for showing games is like grassing on someone for downloading music,everyone knows it's wrong but you just don't do it,local pubs are part of the community,I'd much rather they stopped doing it due to threat of prosecution.

It is wrong and shouldn't be happening,though I seriously doubt it's a huge reason for declining crowds,if it stops people will just glance at the screen now and again to check the score.

Some people on here are looking at it through blue and white tinted specs,it's hardly crime of the century.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on here are looking at it through blue and white tinted specs,it's hardly crime of the century.

393296[/snapback]

bb3, I take your point about it hardly being the crime of the century, but if someone was dipping into your weekly income, you'd complain, long and hard, and rightly so.

yeee, lets destroy the lives of the people that run them, that would be such fun ohmy.gif

393167[/snapback]

Thats a bit dramatic slaterscott! It may affect their livelihood somewhat I grant you but hardly on a par with being told one is terminally ill, your wifes left with the milklady, or the winning lottery ticket went into the dustbin last week. rolleyes.gif

....although don't be surprised to see pub doors locked on a sat afternoon matchday now,locals only,back door entry...

Stage Door? huh.gifblink.gif

bb3, I take your point about it hardly being the crime of the century, but if someone was dipping into your weekly income, you'd complain, long and hard, and rightly so.

393301[/snapback]

Dave,I agree!

Sky/the fa/clubs have every right to complain,all I'm saying is people grassing on landlords aint right IMO.

I wouldn't grass on my neighbour for downloading music,but I don't blame record companies/musicians for being pisd off about it.

I wonder how many people on here suggesting informing the authorities have got a nice illegal file sharing programme installed on their pc?

***GAVs £50 BET UPDATE***

A Wigan gate of 18736 vs West Ham saw their average attendance drop a bit.

Here`s how it stands:-

Rovers tinykit.gif average home league gate is 20251 after 15 homes.

Wigans average home league gate is now 20904 after 16 home games (down 144)

(Rovers are an average of 653 behind)

Rovers tinykit.gif total home league gates stand at 303762

Wigans total home league gates stand at 334462

(Rovers are 30700 behind, with a game in hand)

Both teams final home games are:-

Rovers tinykit.gif ....Wigan,Liverpool,Chelsea & Man City

Wigan....BIG club,Villa & Portsmouth.

cant see Rovers getting any less than the following

Wigan 23000

Liverpool 26000

chelsea 25000 (cfc to win the league at Ewood ?)

man city 28000 (I know city have asked for 10k tickets)

so around 100,000 fans coming through the gates

wigan

bcfc 18000 max

villa 19000

pompy 19000

Rovers win hands down

cant see Rovers getting any less than the following

Wigan 23000

Liverpool 26000

chelsea 25000 (cfc to win the league at Ewood ?)

man city  28000 (I know city have asked for 10k tickets)

so around 100,000 fans coming through the gates

wigan

bcfc 18000 max

villa 19000

pompy 19000

Rovers win hands down

393451[/snapback]

? Why do you think that? I'd bet on Wigan getting more v brum than v Portsmouth.

Disturbed to discover yesterday people who don't go to watch Rovers are planning to be at Ewood tonight. mad.gif I shall be quizzing them later today to find out why.

Incidentally we're going, anyone else?

Disturbed to discover yesterday people who don't go to watch Rovers are planning to be at Ewood tonight.  mad.gif  I shall be quizzing them later today to find out why.

Incidentally we're going, anyone else?

393530[/snapback]

See you there smile.gif !

Couldn't sit in our usual seats because apparently the bigwigs are sitting there mad.gif

so

We're sitting next to the French bench....................... ph34r.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.