BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

I agree, Rovers should easily top Wigan, but it`s alot closer than i thought it would be.....so far.

There`s only an average difference of 695 after 4 games. A good or poor run of results for either team could sway it....although i am confident Rovers will win it quite comfortably in the end.

I`m keeping the thread up to date, cos i think GAV`s little bet with his mate is of interest to some people on this board......plus it`s just a little something to keep me occupied during the season.  wink.gif

351130[/snapback]

Of those games however, wigan have had games where they have attracted more travelling fans. They have havent had a team whose brought less than 2,500 and we managed to get more for wba home then they did for their 'grudge' derby with notlob!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan attracted 22374 to the JJB today,

...upping their average home crowd from 19498 to 20073....(an increase of 575)

Rovers tinykit.gif are still slightly ahead with an average of 20193 per game.

Not wanting to put a downer on things, but our next home game is against Brum, with a 13.30 kick-off (is it on TV??) i can forsee a crowd barely touching 20k for that one. unsure.gif

Not wanting to put a downer on things, but our next home game is against Brum, with a 13.30 kick-off (is it on TV??) i can forsee a crowd barely touching 20k for that one.  unsure.gif

353516[/snapback]

Its 1245 Isnt it? And its on PPV I think.

###### to the PPV...if you can get down, be there in person and support the team and club(not aimed at you personally stuwilky).

IF YOU CAN BE 'BOTHERED' THAT IS user posted image

353524[/snapback]

I know its not aimed at me, I cant remember the last time I missed a home game (well actually I can, the Bournemouth cup debacle, junior was in hosptial) but must be 3 years plus for a league game...

Wigan attracted 22374 to the JJB today,

...upping their average home crowd from 19498 to 20073....(an increase of 575)

Rovers  tinykit.gif  are still slightly ahead with an average of 20193 per game.

Not wanting to put a downer on things, but our next home game is against Brum, with a 13.30 kick-off (is it on TV??) i can forsee a crowd barely touching 20k for that one.  unsure.gif

353516[/snapback]

Why you even remotely bothered how many Wigan had on?

Why you even remotely bothered how many Wigan had on?

Try reading the thread from page 1.

Some people may be taking an interest in the £50 Gav has riding on it.

If you`re not interested, then there`s loads of other threads you can read. smile.gif

Our ave might only be around 20k but people are forgetting we are playing the teams, where we usually get bigger gates in the second half of the season.

Man U, Bolton, Liverpool, City, Chelsea & Arsenal - I can see plenty more half season tickets being sold this year

After 5 home games each, Rovers tinykit.gif have fallen behind Wigan with their average attendances.....

Rovers....total gates after 5 games 99115....average 19823

Wigan....total gates after 5 games 100366....average 20073

....margin of only 250 (average) & 1251 (overall)

It`s tighter than a gnats chuff!! unsure.gif

wink.gif

Wigan's next two home games are 12.45 on sky so it will be interesting to see the figures especially as one is against Fulham who will probably bring about 50. I still think we'll average more but if they keep this run of form up their crowds will be higher than I thought they would.

I don't live in Blackburn, or England for that matter so I don't know what the marketing campaign is like for Rovers, or if one even exists...

do they have television, radio or newspaper ads to get people to come down to ewood park?

Rovers tinykit.gif average attendance after 5 home games is 19823

Wigans average attendance after 6 home games is 19605

...so Rovers tinykit.gif go into the lead again with a margin of 218

..........................................................................................................

Just for informations sake, both Rovers & Wigan have played Fulham & Newcastle at home.....with Wigan having the larger crowd on each occasion.

Rovers next home game is Charlton, whilst Wigan entertain the Arsenal. unsure.gif

Edited by cletus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.