BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

We've already seen that the fickle fans will turn up for the cheap tickets but not recognise what the club's done for them and continue to whine when they're charged normal prices. (and not turn up) All recognise that the club cannot afford to unilaterally charge low prices, so I'm not really sure what the benefit to the club is?? ( and it's definitely NOT increased revenue)

Absolute garbage . What do you suggest then , Jan ? Carry on charging unrealistic and unacceptable prices (to most people other than yourself of course) and watch gates go down by 2000 every bloody year !!!?

You're suggesting that the way to "maximise revenue" is to decrease it - along with attendances - year on year . Absolutely crazy .

The club are (belatedly) doing their best to create interest and help generate new fans in the only way possible ..ie - getting punters through the turnstiles via sensible prices . For some illogical reason that's not good enough for you .

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put Rovers recent ticket offers into perspective, Accy Stanley are playing Blackpool in the Sherpa Van/Autoglass/MickeyMouseTrophy that we took 40,000 to Wembley in 1988 (delete as applicable if you are a Burnley fan.)

Ticket prices? 13.00 standing, 15.00 seats.

To put Rovers recent ticket offers into perspective, Accy Stanley are playing Blackpool in the Sherpa Van/Autoglass/MickeyMouseTrophy that we took 40,000 to Wembley in 1988 (delete as applicable if you are a Burnley fan.)

Ticket prices? 13.00 standing, 15.00 seats.

To be fair it turned out to be a 4-4 draw with Accy winning on penalties!!

And it was the Full Members- a totally different competition.

The challenge for the club is to find out just where the ticket prices should be. The current pricing seems to be beginning to work and I really hope there is a sign of momentum in the gates with more home supporters in tomorrow night than there were for Salzburg. If that isn't the case then why bother with the reductions?

I have long felt that at Premier League level, the model would evolve towards the German model of low ticket prices (outside of the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea whom seem to be able to sting the glory hunters any which way they chose) backed by growing media revenues. That certainly is the opportunity for the 2007/8 season.

However, three relegated clubs will face a triple whammy of having a cost base too high for their new humble surrounds, drop of media revenue AND having to put their prices up to drive more income through the gate.

Leeds' gates are currently a disgrace for a club with their catchment area but Ken Bates' sky high prices are still putting more revenue into the club than he could be sure of getting with lower prices. When a club is/has been in the mess Leeds has been, certainty of revenue is critical. Wonder whether publicity Pete will dare go to Elland Road when Cardiff are the visitors?

I keep going on about it I know, but Man city had 37000 on last night. The stadium holds around 48000ish? Their average away following has dropped to around 2000.

City had 32000 [capacity] regularly in the old third division, so what's behind their sudden fall?

Doesn't make sense. According to that City had 5000 more than their old capacity on Tuesday Den. Whats wrong with that?

Doesn't make sense. According to that City had 5000 more than their old capacity on Tuesday Den. Whats wrong with that?

Reading it again, it doesn't.

I'm just trying to point out, that when clubs the size of Man City are losing fans by the thousand, we're all in trouble.

City could have sold as many tickets in the old third div [cause they were always sold out at 32000], as they are currently doing in the prem.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but why is sundays match at Villa a 2.00 pm kick off?

I have checked and it is not on the Sky PPV game that usually starts at that time, and both our and Villas sites show it definitely is a 2.00 pm kick off. Whats the script?

Didn't want to start a new thread, but why is sundays match at Villa a 2.00 pm kick off?

I have checked and it is not on the Sky PPV game that usually starts at that time, and both our and Villas sites show it definitely is a 2.00 pm kick off. Whats the script?

no idea.

i've got a car parking pass, and it says there's an 'exclusion zone on sunday' and to arrive at least 75 minutes before kick-off!

no idea.

i've got a car parking pass, and it says there's an 'exclusion zone on sunday' and to arrive at least 75 minutes before kick-off!

They always say that on car park passes at Villa.

The reason the game kicks off at 2pm is because when Villa played Middlesbrough last season on a Sunday they played that game at 2pm also.

Maybe the locals can't adjust to different kick-off times?

no idea.

And they wonder why they struggle to sell tickets! Who the flerk wants to get a parking ticket / walk miles in winter or both simply to watch what will be on the big screen in some nice warm pub?

Thanks YET again to the narrow minded twots at BwD Council.

hope they have a lot of hot drinks on tonight at Ewood it's going to be a cold one. hopefully the lads will keep us warm and make us jump out of our seats a couple of times. At least we will be able to lie down tonight

I reckon they will be no more then 14000 in the ground tonight

Edited by gazsimm

And they wonder why they struggle to sell tickets! Who the flerk wants to get a parking ticket / walk miles in winter or both simply to watch what will be on the big screen in some nice warm pub?

Is that Birmingham with Dudley Council? <_<

:lol::lol::lol: You couldn't make this stuff up!

I won't be expecting an immediate reply to this ..... right now he'll be getting tanked up in a bar in Basel. :lol:

Edited by Ewood Spark

THENOBROG trophy receipient yet again is Gordon :lol:

according to todays LET hordens pub and one or two others

have had all there satellite equipment seized for showing

live rovers games on foreign channels,will this make a difference?

own opinion dont think so.

:lol::lol::lol: You couldn't make this stuff up!

I won't be expecting an immediate reply to this ..... right now he'll be getting tanked up in a bar in Basel. :lol:

...or queueing up at the ticket office for the Krakow home game . (sorry Gordon ;) )

according to todays LET hordens pub and one or two others

have had all there satellite equipment seized for showing

live rovers games on foreign channels,will this make a difference?

own opinion dont think so.

Hordens eh ? Great news . Couldn't happen to a bigger to$$er . I'll have a drink to celebrate tonight :lol:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Nov 2 2006, 11:18 ) 456848[/snapback]

Or indeed the stupid twots who in their haste to have a pop at BwD council, forget that the games actually in Birmingham ;)

Damn! That'll teach me to take a detour on my way home from work! :wstu: Stupid Twot away guys. :tu: I still stand on though.... street after street of resident only parking areas are bound to turn supporters away and are inherently wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.