BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

And basing it on your comments on various threads ... who can afford it.

Except of course TND and Chesh :P

Can't speak for Chesh of course but I'm not particularly rich Capt..... just able to prioritise. If I consider spending more on BRFC then something else will have to suffer or be dispensed with. Just do without any of the following...

1. Sky TV.

2. 1 crap holiday

3. Regular Car change.

4. One average night in the pub every 3 weeks or so.

5. Lunch..... take a packed one to work.

6. Gym

7. Last but not least.............. CHRISTMAS! Doing without the latter would prob provide enough bunce to buy two season tickets!

See how easy is it?

Edited by thenodrog

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't speak for Chesh of course but I'm not particularly rich Capt..... just able to prioritise. If I consider spending more on BRFC then something else will have to suffer or be dispensed with. Just do without any of the following...

1. Sky TV.

2. 1 crap holiday

3. Regular Car change.

4. One average night in the pub every 3 weeks or so.

5. Lunch..... take a packed one to work.

6. Gym

7. Last but not least.............. CHRISTMAS! Doing without the latter would prob provide enough bunce to buy two season tickets!

See how easy is it?

Exactly what I have to do nowadays TND unlike when I was younger when I hardly missed a game home or away - except everything else now has to take priority for my wallet

1.SKY TV - got rid of last year

2. No holiday for CK clan 2007on the cards at the moment (except for me and a Euro jolly)

3. Not bothered really about cars as long as it runs - so keep my existing one until forced to change

4. Lucky if I get that

5. 2 Yoghurts a Banana and an Apple - sometimes a bag of crisp thrown in

6. Thats what I do for Lunch

7. XMAS - nope has to stay for CK Jnr (and big kid CK Snr :lol: ) but agreed less spending this time

8. SEASON TICKET - on direct debit and plans to renew

Agree though the club can't continue to keep reducing prices for particular games, however the ticket prices need to come down in general across the board.

As I have said before the horse has already bolted..... interest has been lost on many with probably no recall.

IHB covers it perfectly

ihateburnley Posted Today, 15:20

Having said that, I am convinced that the club should reduce ticket prices if it means getting more people through the doors - even if we lose money. At the end of the day, if I cannot afford to go and watch my team then there is little point 'supporting' them. I don't want to have to save for weeks so I can go and watch a team in a 2/3 empty stadium with no passion, no connection to me and no identity of being the type of team that we have always been - a proud, ambitious and confident Northern team always trying to overcome the so called 'bigger' clubs.

Until football changes, football will be shyte. I'm sorry to say that the state of the current game is terrible and totally alien to the way that it used to be played - in the days it was successful. Even upto the mid-nineties we still had true legends of clubs and proper professionals. I'm not just talking about the likes of Alan Shearer, David Batty, Mike Newell, Tim Flowers and Colin Hendry that we can associate with our club. I'm talking your Steve Bruce, Denis Irwin, Mark Hughes, Ian Rush, Craig Short etc. There is nobody we can relate to in the current game - it's just a bloody mess of foreign imports, obscene wages, SkySports Ford Super Sundays, billionaire takeovers, divers, cheats, agents, high ticket prices and Christiano Ronaldos.

What a load of ######. Can have more fun watching Sunday league football.

I'm not particularly rich If I consider spending more on BRFC then something else will have to suffer or be dispensed with. ?

How about dispensing with two or your four loos ? The water you'd save would pay for your season ticket and next year's membership of the BNP.

The country has never been richer even in our relatively impoverished region so money isn't an issue for the majority of supporters. What is an issue is a general boredom with football because of over-exposure and the perceived lack of entertainment and guts such as that shown by Rovers at the Valley in midweek.

1. Sky TV./////////cant live without it..nfl,boxing,cricket,lost etc

2. 1 crap holiday///always have goood hols

3. Regular Car change./////100 miles a day to work

4. One average night in the pub every 3 weeks or so.//// yea right

5. Lunch..... take a packed one to work. /////i do

6. Gym....love it

7. Last but not least.............. CHRISTMAS! Doing without the latter would prob provide enough bunce to buy two season tickets!///xmas sux bu7t tell my boys and gf that

dont know if i will make pie munchining this year busy all thru

1. Sky TV./////////cant live without it..nfl,boxing,cricket,lost etc

2. 1 crap holiday///always have goood hols

3. Regular Car change./////100 miles a day to work

4. One average night in the pub every 3 weeks or so.//// yea right

5. Lunch..... take a packed one to work. /////i do

6. Gym....love it

7. Last but not least.............. CHRISTMAS! Doing without the latter would prob provide enough bunce to buy two season tickets!///xmas sux bu7t tell my boys and gf that

dont know if i will make pie munchining this year busy all thru

Could you not have managed without that D-I-V-O-R-C-E Abbs? That must have cost a bit and I'm sure that with a bit of effort and lots of billing and cooeing that you two could have remained happy, content, dreamy eyed and luvved up for life. :rolleyes:

I expect there will be two solicitors happily munching your prawn sarnies most home games for the next year or two! :o

Could you not have managed without that D-I-V-O-R-C-E Abbs? That must have cost a bit and I'm sure that with a bit of effort and lots of billing and cooeing that you two could have remained happy, content, dreamy eyed and luvved up for life. :rolleyes:

I expect there will be two solicitors happily munching your prawn sarnies most home games for the next year or two! :o

GORD ...THIS POST MUST WIN AN ALL TIME GROOBY FOR THE BIGGEST BAG OF CRAP EVER...THAT INCLUDES VIN,JAN ,LOFTY ETC :D

Tell you what.... sod it! .... take the gates off the hinges and let anyone in. Thats the answer. Get the players to play for nothing and the jobs a gud un. :rolleyes:

I really am warming to my earlier idea of charging double or even treble and playing in front of about 8000 'nice' people. We could all then have those nice Recaro seats with heating elements built in, parking close by on the car parks, creche facilities, with nice well prepared and wholesome snacks and drinks in proper cups / glasses all served by attractive scimpily clad waitresses. Lounge suits and very smart casual only. No scruffy low lifers present in stupid Lacoste tracksuits and Burberry hats, no obscenities and intelligent conversation. With all the oiks paying a tenner, standing in the rain and bravely chanting insults at 20 opposing fans at Accy Stanley. Who needs folk who are constantly skint and cannot pay their way in life anyway? No use to BRFc or anyone else for that matter are they? It may even incentivise em into doing better at school and 'getting on' in life, instead of whingeing and sponging all the time. It'd be superb. The prospect certainly does have much merit.

I can see it now....

......Theno in his bathchair in the newly re-branded Riverside Executive Stand, prawn butty in one hand, plastic cup of bucks fizz in the other. Then, as the newly signed Burmese international skipper comes on, the heavens open with Theno screaming at the nearest steward that he hasn't paid £15,000 for a 10 year debenture to wait ten minutes to be moved higher up where it's dry.

On the Blackburn End Lower South Central (52 tickets sold every game - with free flags and drums) all the talk is of the forthcoming annual Umbro Intertoto Gran Canaria Tourney trip against Madeira Celtic.

Meanwhile 15 oiks are still paying £3.75 at Stanley (incl. potato pie and 10 Park Drive) to hurl abuse against the visitors, this week it's the diehard four from Shepshed Charterhouse.

Elsewhere, bingo halls across East Lancs are pulling in full houses (no pun intended), however storm clouds are gathering as Sky TV have announced a bid for global rights to show bingo nightly, fronted by Bob Fleming and Granada TV weathergirl Jo Blyth - a local landlord said it was the best thing ever to happen to his tandoori wine bar.

Now where's me bingo card....

:brfc:B)

Edited by MCMC1875

Can't recall what we paid last time at the JJB but I'm looking at £108 for our tribe..............plus I'll have a hangover and want to sleep. Is the Great Escape on the telly?

I wrote to Mr Whelan to complain about the prices last year.

Needless to say, I got neither a free pie or a reply....................... :angry:

19,225 against Newcastle for a Saturday 3pm kick-off. Let's be honest, even cheaper prices aren't going to get many more people in. The East Lancs public just don't seem to care about football so much anymore. Burnley aren't far off the top in the Championship yet their crowds are rubbish. Accy Stanley's crowds have been disappointing and they have had the manager and chairman urging more fans to come.

It's an uncertain future we face. We just better make sure we are in the Premiership next season so we don't miss out on the TV windfall...

Anyway...Merry Christmas folks! :tu::lol:

19,225 against Newcastle for a Saturday 3pm kick-off. Let's be honest, even cheaper prices aren't going to get many more people in. The East Lancs public just don't seem to care about football so much anymore.

It's an uncertain future we face. We just better make sure we are in the Premiership next season so we don't miss out on the TV windfall...

Spot FLB, also Preston's crowds have been nothing more than average.It appears there is no easy solution but playing like we did in the first half and the final result,well..... we certainly aren't helping ourselves!

the toon following was probably the wost they ever brought to ewood as well......its exactly like snooker in the 80's /90's ,when it watched by millions and then they saturated us with it all but 24/7 until people got fed up with.too much on tv hellnever thote id say that but hell there you go)))

What colours would you have Lancs U. play in Theno?

Who cares? It cannot be too like any of the old clubs so a completely new design that would suit jeans probably. Also it needs to show off the red rose so navy blue possibly? Certainly blue and white halves are not condusive to casual wear, other than on match days that is.

Anyway its a daft question cos I keep getting told that it wont happen. Even though the way we are all going something bloody well needs to. As abbey pointed out satellite TV coverage means that even big city away fans are not bothering to travel, and they are damned important to a small club like ourselves.

Edited by thenodrog

Just spoke to a colleague who has been for a ticket for the Nancy game. The girl in the TO told him that up to now about 10,000 had been sold! What a message that sends out to the players, Mark Hughes, the board, the media, the Premiership, the FA and the fans of other clubs who will be watching on tele if that is the case. Sooner than my prediction we are dying on our feet and fast becoming an an embarrassment to the football authorities. Anybody who agrees with the 'they want us out of the Prem' theory has certainly had their arguments strengthened by our shower.

Only positive thing is that my 2 tickets for a tenner not only scuppers the theories of the cheap ticket brigade but blows them out of the bloody water doesn't it? Unless there is a late rush I trust it's put that theory to bed once and for all.

This could well be one of our last european nights of all time and people just carn't be arsed. Unbelievable. :angry:

Just spoke to a colleague who has been for a ticket for the Nancy game. The girl in the TO told him that up to now about 10,000 had been sold! What a message that sends out

The message that despite everything, there are still 10K+ barm cakes daft enough (me included) to still turn up for more of the same week in week out.

Maybe "The Frogs" will bring a full allocation of 8K? :)

The message that despite everything, there are still 10K+ barm cakes daft enough (me included) to still turn up for more of the same week in week out.

Just looked it up .............. 12060 on in March 1987 for the Full Members cup SF v Ipswich!

Only positive thing is that my 2 tickets for a tenner not only scuppers the theories of the cheap ticket brigade but blows them out of the bloody water doesn't it? Unless there is a late rush I trust it's put that theory to bed once and for all.

Not exactly...the cheap tickets for the Bolton game certainly affected the gate. That said...I do think it has got to the stage where Rovers are peeing in the wind a bit with cheap tickets. Let the kids in cheap (we have to get them in surely as we need all future support we can get!) but I'm not sure the club is wise to keep on with cheap deals. It seems to be devaluing the perceived (note that word! Perceived not actual) value of season tickets.

Not exactly...the cheap tickets for the Bolton game certainly affected the gate. That said...I do think it has got to the stage where Rovers are peeing in the wind a bit with cheap tickets. Let the kids in cheap (we have to get them in surely as we need all future support we can get!) but I'm not sure the club is wise to keep on with cheap deals. It seems to be devaluing the perceived (note that word! Perceived not actual) value of season tickets.

Agree FLB, however pricing the Liverpool game will not endear anybody.

As I have said before , its all after the horse has bolted, the price plays some part but there is alot more to consider. The fans have already left and sporadic cheap prices are not going to bring them back overnight - the enjoyment, the matchday experience etc has been lost for want of alot of things happening in the game, and what happened Saturday is just a typical example.... :angry:

I'll be there tomorrow and although away games, after what happened last Saturday I will now not be going to Reading , and I won't be at Wigan either due to the ticket prices even though I now live there.

The fans have already left and sporadic cheap prices are not going to bring them back overnight - the enjoyment, the matchday experience etc has been lost for want of alot of things happening in the game, and what happened Saturday is just a typical example.... :angry:

Which bit about Sat was that then?

Which bit about Sat was that then?

Obviously taken no notice of my posts in the Newcastle thread then :P

The Officiating - its either that or I am just a stuck in the mud hankering for football when it was footbal - which is not too far in the past.

Just spoke to a colleague who has been for a ticket for the Nancy game. The girl in the TO told him that up to now about 10,000 had been sold! What a message that sends out to the players, Mark Hughes, the board, the media, the Premiership, the FA and the fans of other clubs who will be watching on tele if that is the case. Sooner than my prediction we are dying on our feet and fast becoming an an embarrassment to the football authorities. Anybody who agrees with the 'they want us out of the Prem' theory has certainly had their arguments strengthened by our shower.

This could well be one of our last european nights of all time and people just carn't be arsed. Unbelievable. :angry:

am i forgiven for coming to usa instead of the frog game?

am i forgiven for coming to usa instead of the frog game?

No, as soon as you get back we are going to break your other arm. :)

That'll really give you an arse-wiping problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.