BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Paul's post on page 105, it says "JW stated to BRISA the average revenue per seat over a season was £13."

Is that per seat filled, or per seat in the stadium? If it's based on the average of 7-8,000 empty seats per match (or so it seems) then I'd believe it.

From Paul's post on page 105, it says "JW stated to BRISA the average revenue per seat over a season was £13."

Is that per seat filled, or per seat in the stadium? If it's based on the average of 7-8,000 empty seats per match (or so it seems) then I'd believe it.

I was under the impression it was per seat sold.

Your the second person to ask that question today. I've checked the notes I made at the time and JW said:

The average revenue per seat per match is £13

Next tiome we meet with the club I'll ask if that is based on seats SOLD per game or revenue divided by capacity

Your the second person to ask that question today. I've checked the notes I made at the time and JW said:

Next tiome we meet with the club I'll ask if that is based on seats SOLD per game or revenue divided by capacity

Not as clear as we thought then. Perhaps if he meant per seat sold, he would have said 'per attendee'?

Anyaway, thanks for looking it up and I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in hearing the clarification.

I'm guessing that my PM to Den was the first? Anyway whatever but why wait until the next brisa meeting? I'm sure that Lee is in a position to easily clear the matter up?

And we wonder why crowds are falling.

Arsenal have added their name to the growing list of teams to avoid wasting good money on.

Having said that, the Arsenal I saw at the Emirates played exhilarating attacking football.

Aggy posted this in the Arsenal thread but I wanted to bring my comments in here

Exactly. I'm now down to three games I actually look forward to ~ Liverpool, United and Newcastle (bizare I know). Wonderful isn't it. Three games in a season that make you excited about the idea of going to a football match. THREE! Is it any wonder the game is dead on it's feet? Unless the PL wake up to the simple facts - 15 of the PL clubs are not worth watching - they run the risk of the attendance decline excelerating beyond belief.

I can appreciate Arsenal's quality but abhor the time-wasting we saw on Saturday, which I think is the worst I've noticed at Ewood, and will not give them credit as a team when they are so cynical. It's beginning to look as though something like 4 points will be needed for an away win if there's to be any chance of bringing entertainment back into football.

Strange tactic this paul so allow me to bring my reply to aggy here

"Maybe aggy.

Anyway a final point to the arsenal detracters. Set aside the time wasting by Lehman and Fabregas's histrionics and imo Arsenal worked harder and their players ran into space earlier and better than us and they tracked back and closed our players down better than any other visiting team this year with the notable exception of Man Utd.

How many times is this highlighted on MotD when commentators eulogise gushingly about top teams?

AND before any dismiss this point......how many times did they say the same about us in the early/mid 90's?

Make no mistake there is a strong connection between effort and results!

btw 1. Paul. Did you go to Everton away in the 94-95 season?

btw 2. Interesting suggestion but I'm afraid in this instance Arsenal would simply have got 4 points on Sat instead of 3. :)

Strange tactic this paul so allow me to bring my reply to aggy here

Just felt my remarks were more appropriate to this thread than the arsenal one as I'm talking about attendance in general.

Anyway a final point to the arsenal detracters. Set aside the time wasting by Lehman and Fabregas's histrionics and imo Arsenal worked harder and their players ran into space earlier and better than us and they tracked back and closed our players down better than any other visiting team this year with the notable exception of Man Utd.

How many times is this highlighted on MotD when commentators eulogise gushingly about top teams?

AND before any dismiss this point......how many times did they say the same about us in the early/mid 90's?

Make no mistake there is a strong connection between effort and results!

Quite agree

btw 1. Paul. Did you go to Everton away in the 94-95 season?

Yes along with many other local games when prices were reasonable ;) I know you're getting at somehting else here but not sure what as I don't recall much of it. i preseume we wasted several hours? :)

btw 2. Interesting suggestion but I'm afraid in this instance Arsenal would simply have got 4 points on Sat instead of 3. :)

I was thinking the less talented teams might be more encouraged to play football - you know scoring goals at the opposite end. Of course it could also encourage mass defence having nicked an early goal.

I know you're getting at somehting else here but not sure what as I don't recall much of it. i preseume we wasted several hours? :)

The team had a competition to see who could kick the ball into the third tier of the main stand the most times. I think Shearer won it with a double figure count:lol:

The team had a competition to see who could kick the ball into the third tier of the main stand the most times. I think Shearer won it with a double figure count:lol:

I seem to remember one such clearance from Shearer cracked some hopeless town drunk on the back of his head and knocked him down the steps! :blink::lol:

Cheers abbey! :tu:

Edited by thenodrog

Aggy posted this in the Arsenal thread but I wanted to bring my comments in here

Exactly. I'm now down to three games I actually look forward to ~ Liverpool, United and Newcastle (bizare I know). Wonderful isn't it. Three games in a season that make you excited about the idea of going to a football match. THREE! Is it any wonder the game is dead on it's feet? Unless the PL wake up to the simple facts - 15 of the PL clubs are not worth watching - they run the risk of the attendance decline excelerating beyond belief.

I can appreciate Arsenal's quality but abhor the time-wasting we saw on Saturday, which I think is the worst I've noticed at Ewood, and will not give them credit as a team when they are so cynical. It's beginning to look as though something like 4 points will be needed for an away win if there's to be any chance of bringing entertainment back into football.

For me it does not matter who we are playing as I know I will have a decent day. For away games the football is more of an excuse. I enjoy the day whether we are playing Fulham or Manchester United. I get to see my mates have a few beers watch the Rovers and hopefully get the three pints.

For me it does not matter who we are playing as I know I will have a decent day. For away games the football is more of an excuse. I enjoy the day whether we are playing Fulham or Manchester United. I get to see my mates have a few beers watch the Rovers and hopefully get the three pints.

I think this used to be the case for alot of us Jordan - except it was two points and three cans of Tennants Super/Thwaites bitter or Skol :D

I seem to remember one such clearance from Shearer cracked some hopeless town drunk on the back of his head and knocked him down the steps! :blink::lol:

Cheers abbey! :tu:

wasnt me gord ...i fell just before kick off ....mind you could have started booting away the kick off tho :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.