BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

why cant rovers get some sort of billboard either manual or electronic on the embankment bit were the old rovers club used to be opp micky d's and advertise games instead of the poxy one hidden behind the trees and still advertising the arsenal game and one on the road to darwen as well.Just think the one now does us no favours.

I've complained about the lack of good lighting of the Jack Walker statue and that area generally - several have mentioned before that it looks more like a car park than a stadium; but apparently it's 'in consideration of the residents" ......................... :(

I guess the same argument would be used about a decent billboard. Advertising of games should be kept up to date, it's so shoddy when a game that has taken place is still advertised way after the event.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why cant rovers get some sort of billboard either manual or electronic on the embankment bit were the old rovers club used to be opp micky d's and advertise games instead of the poxy one hidden behind the trees and still advertising the arsenal game and one on the road to darwen as well.Just think the one now does us no favours.

Yeah because getting a billboard would be so cost effective, wouldn't it?

Have you ever thought that perhaps the reason the Arsenal fixture is still on is because it was on the same board as the Sheffield Utd fixture?

Can't believe the club didn't get someone to come in with a chainsaw and cut the Arsenal bit of the board off after that game!

why wouldnt it be cost effective??one like they have now,a simple pasting one or an electronic one.

it works for rovers on buses ,under darwen st bridge,

it works for percil,daz and a lot of other compinies ,so it wouldnt work for us.

ADVERTISING WORKS FOR GOD SAKE ,OR ADS ON TV A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME?

chainsaw ? no alls that IS needed is what you would commenly call a ladder and you climb up it and simple as hell,take the arsenal ad out and slot the next game in after sheff utd.rocket scienetist only need apply

no alls that IS needed is what you would commenly call a ladder and you climb up it and simple as hell,take the arsenal ad out and slot the next game in after sheff utd.rocket scienetist only need apply

Mmmm ...Abbey didn't you post you didn't get that job in Liverpool :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

dont know whether im being a numpty here...but how did we arrive at yesterdays gate??

the turnstyle machine wasnt working!!! was it a gueestimate??

also ,harping about the the ad board behind the tree ,why is it still advertising the german game on the day we played pompey,surlely someone should update it!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Tickets for the league game at Old Trafford are £36. Did not go last season, were they that price last year?

Off the top of my head I think they were £34 but they may have been even less they certainly weren't £36. Rumour has it they will be £40 next year as well. Supply and demand I suppose but can't see many Rovers going at those prices.

Off the top of my head I think they were £34 but they may have been even less they certainly weren't £36. Rumour has it they will be £40 next year as well. Supply and demand I suppose but can't see many Rovers going at those prices.

crazy money £40 to go and watch a football match, it's getting silly now, no wonder fans are staying away

crazy money £40 to go and watch a football match, it's getting silly now, no wonder fans are staying away

I wonder how long it will be before Manure's main fan base demands that OT be dismantled and re-built in Surrey or somewhere down that way. Saves a lot on travelling for the vast majority.

Was £32 for OT last season, if it wasnt for the fact that i have the away season ticket & that this game falls on my birthday i would be pretty tempted not to bother to be honest.

i paid it last year but 32 is my limit and i wont pay it this time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.