BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

united away, worthington cup final i only could get 1 ticket, do i need to go on, i see some of these supporters walking around now in chelsea shirts that really p----- me off

Lol, he sites one example, a cup final no less, to which he got a ticket!, and then asks if he needs to go on...

classic comedy that is.

Edited by USRoverME

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

united away, worthington cup final i only could get 1 ticket, do i need to go on

Until you get something remotely close to the truth....

United away goes to general sale every year, and for the last few years we have returned part of the ticket allocation to United.

united away, worthington cup final i only could get 1 ticket, do i need to go on, i see some of these supporters walking around now in chelsea shirts that really p----- me off

I think this "real fans" vs glory-hunters thing is a bit of a wazzing contest anyway.

If you've got a season ticket you're first in the queue for any away/Euro/cup final tickets. If you don't then you take your chances with the rest of them, so phone the ticket office early.

For what its worth, I am told by friends in Thessaloniki that every man and his dog in Larissa are scraping the readies together to be at Ewood next week and we can expect a huge outpouring of Greek national pride as every Greek waiter in the UK is trying to get the night off to be there as well!

I would love to see a fairly big following from a foreign team, we only usually see 50 max!!!

I was as surprised as most to see the gate last night. However I won't call anyone - as I didn't go myself.

I had to make a choice - 3 matches in two weeks doesn't agree with my finances.

So it was Pompey for me - and I will be going to the Larissa match - I hope others follow suit, as we could really do with a good gate to cheer us on in Europe :rover:

Guest fernhurstblue

i just dont understand why people are suprised / shocked / angry at the 'gate' last night ..... granted, birmingham didn't bring quite as many as i thought, but even still about 9k rovers fans for this sort of fixture, given the five home games in about three weeks, is probably about par for the course in this competition over previous seasons.

anybody remember playing liverpool about 3 or 4 years ago in the league cup in front of about 16,000 with 8,000 scallys packed into the darwen end?????

Chelsea are traditionally behind Arsenal and Spurs in terms of support and popularity in London and always have been.Remember the the 18/19/20 k average crowds seen in the early 90's at the bridge,some games even as low as 15,000 I do remember.

They should thank their lucky stars that they are in a large conurbation that has allowed them to capitalise on their recent success.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

It seems even clubs with unlimited fan bases won't be able to get away with fleecing fans indefinitely.

Steven Howard comments in in today's Sun that following on from Man Ure's compulsory purchase scheme for Cup tickets, and playing the reserve team, a couple of years ago they had a waiting list for season tickets of 18,000, now it's nil.

I appreciate the ground capacity has increased in the meantime but even so.

:rover: listened to century last night and the utd fans were moaning like fook,its a disgrace what the glaziers have done,and there puppet mikey thomas still backs the club :brfc:

That scheme has to be one of the nastiest ways to fleece supporters ever devised.

I've no sympathy though. They've all sold their souls as far as I'm concerned and deserve everything they get.

That scheme has to be one of the nastiest ways to fleece supporters ever devised.

I've no sympathy though. They've all sold their souls as far as I'm concerned and deserve everything they get.

In that case if Rovers were taken over, and success subsequently followed, then the owners bumped the prices up beyond belief you'd expect no sympathy either? As you'd have also sold your soul to the devil by that logic. I've got friends who have gone home and away for 20 years and have been either priced out or are seriously considering having to stop going as they are now being expected to cough up close to £1000 just for home games.

These are lads whose only crime is to be loyal fans who have gone year in year out yet sadly they know they will be replaced but hopefully as was pointed out the limit will come and if enough stop then maybe the owners will see sense. People should remember that for every johnny come lately numpty who only started going due to the success there are many others who have been going for years and seen their club effectively taken out of their hands.

They have two choices really put up or shut up!! They either stop going in protest or cough up and carry on, some choice isn't it. Then they get labelled glory hunters anyway who deserve everything they get.

Then they get labelled glory hunters anyway who deserve everything they get.

If they are not from Manchester then they are! And if they are from Manchester then some are. I once got a cab driven by a middle aged city fan who bemoaned the fact that he had been unable to stop is two sons becoming Man Utd fans.

But it's business and the laws of supply and demand figure strongly. Forget history and tradition these Glaziers are hard nosed jewish businessmen. When 1 person is unable to get a ticket there is demand, when there is a spare seat there is oversupply and thats that. Don't forget also that MU have spent big money on players this summer and whilst they whinge about ticket prices there aren't many reds whingeing about that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.