BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about attendances, the dingles had another capacity sell out last night with approximately 2 million locked out again, the attendance! a whopping

:lol:

It gives one a certain feeling of satisfaction Yoda,but where would our attendance figures be in the old Ewood if JW had never bothered to sink his millions into our club? :unsure:

It gives one a certain feeling of satisfaction Yoda,but where would our attendance figures be in the old Ewood if JW had never bothered to sink his millions into our club? :unsure:

No one knows!

But I for one knew that JW would not be around forever and tried to enjoy the moment, just like the dingles did when they had the pie maker!

My real point was that the dingles exagerate somewhat when it comes to attendances, probably because they are digitally challenged

:lol:

EEHHHH!! AH DAWN'T NOOHA. In Owr Daay it werr un unwritten rool; tha duz'n 'ev thi stag neet, on enny neet but Friday neet, an' than duz'n gerr marrid on eny daay burr a Set'dy. AN' mooast ov arl, tha meks shoor as tha duz'n pick a Set'dy as ROOAvers is at hooam!!!! If tha duz, then tha'r on thi oowan, cuz all thi mates 'll be at Ewood, so think on!!!

Aye! tha nos where yer cummin` from Fife!......an i wunt mind, but t`daft bugger int gerrin` wed til sum time in Decembuuuuurrrrr!

Edited by cletus

The Scottish Premier league match today between Gretna and Inverness CT was attended by the grand total of 1,020.

And we think we have problems.

10,944 were at Turf Moor v Southampton.

Edited by roverthemoon

Just a passing observation, more than 30,000 at Elland Road on Saturday. The fourth highest gate of the day....I don't know what yesterday's attendances were.

The Scottish Premier league match today between Gretna and Inverness CT was attended by the grand total of 1,020.

And we think we have problems.

10,944 were at Turf Moor v Southampton.

It's all relative.

Gretna Pop 2705! I guess it's the equivalent of us playing in front of 70,000!

But once the money dries up Gretna will undoubtedly return to their natural level........ Sound familiar? :unsure:

Cracking 30,000+ crowd and atmosphere last night.

Strange though that the first game that sees us sell out at home is one of the games that still costs £30 to watch. More evidence that reduced ticket prices aren't making that much difference?

Strange though that the first game that sees us sell out at home is one of the games that still costs £30 to watch. More evidence that reduced ticket prices aren't making that much difference?

A point Hasta that many of us already suspected.

The pubs must be chock full of closet BRFC fans most weekends. :angry2:

I'm not sure that follows. Prior to yesterday the average gate was 22000 for PL games. The two biggest away followings I guess would be City and Arsenal who I think were both allocated the DE but didn't fill it. Doesn't that mean the arrival of 8000 scousers has had a greater influence on the gate than the ticket price? The home crowd was probably up by around 2000.

What I think it proves is John Williams oft repeated point that success on the pitch is the simplest way to improve attendances. Liverpool, Utd are going to be 29 - 30,000 attendances it's the others we need ot improve.

The last time we had a gate of over 30,000 for a PL game was on 13 September 2003 (against Liverpool).

It's as much a consequence of their ST's being sold out annually as anything else.

For the Lpool and MU fans who are not ST holders Blackburn allowing them the entire Darwen End just 30 miles away must represent their favourite awayday fixture of the season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.