BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Been Done To Death But.....

The quality of music played on a match day has always been extremely poor and I feel something needs to be done to change this trend. The opening music that the team comes out to is embarrassing and with numerous decent tunes around why can't we be a little more cutting edge in this regard?

I know GiddyGoat feels like me we should be coming out to something along the lines of "I predict a riot" by the Kaiser Chiefs, what an uplifting, up to date track that would certainly get some of the younger fans up for the job in hand and create a decent atmosphere from the off.

I've mentioned before about Leeds coming out to "Born Slippy" from trainspotting and although they've never struggled with creating an atmosphere at Elland Rod it helped to get it going.

Won't hold me breath but I think it’s a must to get the atmosphere going from the outset.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gav, i have to agree with all of your points there. I think coming out to "I Predict A Riot" by Kaiser Chiefs would be great, it would get the team going for sure. Might get Savage & The Axe man up for it a bit too much though and start a riot.

Audio Bullys - Bang bang (we shot robben down)

335867[/snapback]

Oh dear. I really cringe listening to that. They've done nothing to the original song except butcher it. In fact they've just capitalised on the song being in Kill Bill, stuck a very generic beat on it and waited for the drunks in clubs to go mental when it comes on.

I'm not certain how much of a difference the music can have on a team or the fans. It's the same for both sets of players. And the only thing which will light up the crowd will be the performances on the pitch. The song from the other year with the "CLAP CLAP" part every few seconds is dramtic and inspiring but the crowd reacted very lethargically to it.

I wonder if this is something that the ISA could try to get involved in when things are up and running.

It's not a big thing in the grand scheme but could be an ideal project to launch and get the ISA noticed?

Obviously support for change would need to gaged but could be of interest, or am i barking up the wrong tree as to what the ISA is about?

Just a thought.

Limp Bizkit's- Head For The Barricade would sort the lads out. With lyrics like, "Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight" to a heavy guitar and drum soundtrack.

I could be a snotty git and smirk at the above use of the word 'heavy' but I won't. Or did I just do it anyway? Ah well.

Anyway, Angel of Death by Slayer - goes great with our media image and it would certainly blow away the cobwebs. smile.gif

I wonder if this is something that the ISA could try to get involved in when things are up and running.

It's not a big thing in the grand scheme but could be an ideal project to launch and get the ISA noticed?

Obviously support for change would need to gaged but could be of interest, or am i barking up the wrong tree as to what the ISA is about?

Just a thought.

335895[/snapback]

The problem is how do we decide what to replace it with? I suppose we could ask everyone for suggestions and pick the most popular, or even run a poll of some sort on the ISA web-site, but there'll still be people who won't be happy with the result.

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Scotty

Any ideas anyone?

335915[/snapback]

I'd let Bob Fleming chose 19 choons for the season. Start with "The Ace Of Spades"

end with "Mr Slater's Parrot", but give him free reign apart fom them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.