BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Been Done To Death But.....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends if it would be better to use something recent or try to find a "club song" to identify ourselves with. The second option works best for the likes of Liverpool and Celtic with 'You'll never walk alone' or West Ham with 'Forever Blowing Bubbles' (feel free to insert blindingly obvious Michael Jackson joke here if you wish) but Rovers seem closest to...er...'The Final Countdown' which may well be fine as far as cheesy Cock Rock tunes go but has nothing really to do with the club.

A better alternative would be either 'The Wild Rover' as it should at least get the crowd singing (albeit about Burnley).

Otherwise something more modern - must be fast-paced though, something to get the blood pumping and the crowd excited, at least until they sit down again and start singing 'Get into 'em'. 'Born Slippy' is a good choice by Leeds.

Galvanise - Chemical Brothers

335863[/snapback]

I give my vote to this, it's been one of my favorites for a while now. Electrifying to say the least smile.gif

Teenage Fanclub's Sparky's Dream and Hard Fi's Hard To Beat could both be somewhat suitable too.

If we would play Benny Hill for the opponents, I'm sure against Bolton it would be Brendan Benson's Spit It Out and the Matlock theme.

I could be a snotty git and smirk at the above use of the word 'heavy' but I won't. Or did I just do it anyway? Ah well.

Anyway, Angel of Death by Slayer - goes great with our media image and it would certainly blow away the cobwebs. smile.gif

335903[/snapback]

would be great to hear slayer booming out at ewood but its never going to happen

The quality of music played on a match day has always been extremely poor and I feel something needs to be done to change this trend. The opening music that the team comes out to is embarrassing and with numerous decent tunes around why can't we be a little more cutting edge in this regard?

I know GiddyGoat feels like me we should be coming out to something along the lines of "I predict a riot" by the Kaiser Chiefs, what an uplifting, up to date track that would certainly get some of the younger fans up for the job in hand and create a decent atmosphere from the off.

I've mentioned before about Leeds coming out to "Born Slippy" from trainspotting and although they've never struggled with creating an atmosphere at Elland Rod it helped to get it going.

Won't hold me breath but I think it’s a must to get the atmosphere going from the outset.

335854[/snapback]

Two words Gav..........GERALD JACKSON! sad.gif

Everybody in the place/Prodigy

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

would be great to hear slayer booming out at ewood but its never going to happen

336020[/snapback]

Don't be so defeatist, I'm sure that if someone could sit down and have an adult conversatin with Mr Jackson he'd eventually see sense and play Reign In Blood before every home match. It suits our image down to the ground at the moment. At the very least they should play that for the night matches. With all the lights off. And strobe light effects for when the players come out. The kids'll love it.

OK maybe not. unsure.gif

"I Predict A Riot" will do. Or that "Clubfoot" or that "All These Things That I Have Done". Whatever it is - stick with it. Actually no. I like American's idea of that Darth Vader music. In fact here it is. Although I don't think it's the original, it doesn't sound quite as menacing when it's performed by mice. If that doesn't get 'em going nothing will. laugh.gif

If it was good enough for Mrs. American and my introduction at our wedding, it is good enough for Rovers!

That version sounds like Paul Williams' music in the classic film Phantom of the Paradise!

One tune will never satisfy most of the fans - this thread proves that - and there is no 'club theme' like 'Z Cars' (Everton).

I suggest a different tune for each game perhaps relating to that days fixture, or nothing at all - let the crowd create the atmosphere.

I'm with whomever suggested Darth Vader's music from Star Wars the last time we did this thread. Especially with the "evil" players we have.

336013[/snapback]

That'd have been me, and i still haven't changed my mind. Imagine being a younger opposition player coming out at Ewood for the first time to face our team, and youv'e got the imperial march playing behind you....you'd shat yourself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.