BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Been Done To Death But.....

I think playing that foo fighters song would be as 'non wussy' as playing Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn.

336439[/snapback]

Lol - your kidding right? i remmeber the day that came out, and its as bad now as it was then tongue.gif

jeesh tongue.gif my point being tho, you cant go having mega head banging tunes, cause lets face it, its taken old aunty annis with uncle bob munching there pies 10 years to get used to the final countdown, people suggesting slayer is gonna give them a heart attack.

just trying to find something middle of the road.

tongue.gif

Rich

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to please all tastes I suggest the Beatles...everybody likes their music.

How about Helter Skelter? Just as Paul goes "yeah yeah yeah" the Rovers can run out onto the pitch and the fans can all yell "Helter Skelter"

PS There used to be a special song written about Rovers when Howard Kendall was our player/manager that they played before the game...can anyone tell me what it was called...seem to remeber it being awful (even at the age of seven) biggrin.gif

336464[/snapback]

Something like "ey up and give us a goal".

Quite awful, don't know who sang it

Whoever it was that suggested "Jump" by Van Halen and "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Thin Lizzy deserve to be shot. No chance of clemency, just a bullet. Truly dreadful suggestions.

While I can see some merit in a few of the suggestions made, we need something a little more timeless than a lot of what has been suggested. Kaiser Chiefs seem like a popular choice but I suspect a lot of other teams would choose, dare I say, the same obvious choice.

As I have suggested before on similar threads, I think The Imperial March from the Star Wars films would be excellent as it not only has a hint of menace but it sounds great when booming out. Failing that, The Dance Of The Knights from Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet has the necessary gravitas and oomph (you'd know it if you heard it) and is altogether classier than anything G Jackson Esq would choose to play.

If we were not to opt for an orchestral piece, I'd go for something that gives a message and is suitably loud. As such, Heatseeker by AC/DC would do the job.

I'd also like to hear My Old Friend The Blues played at Ewood as I can imagine it being a great terrace anthem for us. It was originally recorded by Steve Earle but has been covered by The Proclaimers and the lyrics are great to sing for wins or defeats.

Just when every ray of hope was gone,

I should have known that you would come along,

I can't believe I ever doubted you,

My old friend The Blues.

Lovers leave and friends will let you down,

You're the only true thing that I've found,

No matter what I do,

I'll never lose,

My old friend The Blues.

Then again, the Benny Hill theme or the theme to The Muppet Show would be good options.

Edited by Cheeky Sidders

I'm not quite sure "Buying the rights to a song" is the same as "Buying their album" tongue.gif

336365[/snapback]

Sorry I was alcoholicly challenged when I suggested that but I still stand behind my suggestion.

Oh and for my knockers theres nowt wrong with a bit of Foos

There is a very good reason for being grateful for us being so terrible in front of goal last season- that utterly vomit-inducing cringe-making playing of noise after we score.

STOP IT!!!

(or is it a EuroSport effect dubbed on?)

If the classical music repertoire is to be raided, there are some heart-stopping and breathtaking moments- climax of Act 2 of Tristan und Isolde, the last four minutes of Mahler's second symphony, the last six minutes of Sibelius second, Dawn on the Moscow River in Kovinshkina by Mussorgsky and I could go on and on...

Played at the volume the Ewood tannoys are deployed at, these would render the football irrelevant.

However, assuming that pace and grandeur are required of the music-

Khachaturian's Sabre Dance

second movement of Shostakovich Eigth Symphony when the timpany takes up the theme

Stravinsky Rite of Spring finale

Or if you want the opposition to be too scared to set foot on the park:

The hammer blows of fate in Mahler 6

Duke Bluebeard opening the tenth door (Bartok)

The four massive dissonant chords in Shostakovich eigth symphony

Incidentally, I was delighted to read that Shostakovich and Prokofiev are now better box office with London audiences than Beethoven and Mozart.

that utterly vomit-inducing cringe-making playing of noise after we score.

Do they play music when we score.?

Ive never realised that - we dont score that often at Ewood - when they do Im usually jumping around like a barefoot idiot on a sun baked beach.

As someone who organisers classical music concerts and runs a summer festival, it helps to know a bit about the subject!

Anyway I am delighted the Rovers don't play music after they score a goal at Ewood. I was pretty sure I heard some blast of something execrable before the announcement of the scorer in one of the live televised games last season.

If the classical music repertoire is to be raided, there are some heart-stopping and breathtaking moments- climax of Act 2 of Tristan und Isolde, the last four minutes of Mahler's second symphony, the last six minutes of Sibelius second, Dawn on the Moscow River in Kovinshkina by Mussorgsky and I could go on and on...

Played at the volume the Ewood tannoys are deployed at, these would render the football irrelevant.

However, assuming that pace and grandeur are required of the music-

Khachaturian's Sabre Dance

second movement of Shostakovich Eigth Symphony when the timpany takes up the theme

Stravinsky Rite of Spring finale

The hammer blows of fate in Mahler 6

Duke Bluebeard opening the tenth door (Bartok)

The four massive dissonant chords in Shostakovich eigth symphony

Incidentally, I was delighted to read that Shostakovich and Prokofiev are now better box office with London audiences than Beethoven and Mozart.

336735[/snapback]

That's great Philip. So what's it to be "Angel of Death" or "Reign in Blood"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.