Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Laptops

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are laptops for games, generally?

388652[/snapback]

Mine plays World Of Warcraft (the most CPU/GPU/Ram intensive game I play) at a comparable speed to my desktop, even with a crappy on board video card. Screen refresh speeds are no longer a problem.

The only problem I had was the finger-pointey-mouse-pad-thing was rubbish, but when I connect a real mouse it now seems every bit as good as my desktop.

I'm thinking about buying a mini/small laptop for when we go to Germany because mine is far too big to be lumping round for a month.

Ideally the screen wont be bigger than 10" and whilst it doesn't need to have brand new spec i need it to be able to take pictures off a camera, go on the internet, have office features etc - and be quite reasonably priced.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about buying a mini/small laptop for when we go to Germany because mine is far too big to be lumping round for a month.

Ideally the screen wont be bigger than 10" and whilst it doesn't need to have brand new spec i need it to be able to take pictures off a camera, go on the internet, have office features etc - and be quite reasonably priced.

Any suggestions?

388920[/snapback]

I don't know that you really WANT to go with the Transmeta chipset, but Sharp makes an Ultraportable that should run XP and do what you need it to do for a month.

Sorry, but I'm still very confused as to why anyone would spend over a grand on a computer to do word processing and internet on. I do professional audio editing on mine and it cost less than that, and the one that I had previously did internet and word processing perfectly (but alas, was rubbish at high end audio editing) and I sold that for the grand total of zero pounds and zero pence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.