SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United V Brfc 3 - 1 Wham

Ozz

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it probabily depends if bellamy is fit or not, the reason why he is not in the second team

337718[/snapback]

Whoops! Yes, a typo. Bellamy would play on the right in favour of Emerton, I reckon. I have amended my previous post.

Edited by joey_big_nose

biggrin.gif What time? The times aren't listed on the Fox Sports website for me.

I'm going for a 1 - 0 win, with Bellamy (if he's playing?) to get on the scoresheet.

Otherwise Emerton.

337492[/snapback]

According to the advertisement on fox at the weekend it is live at midnight eastern & 10pm for us in the wild west.

Also showing Arsenal,Man yoo & wigan- chelsea. Better stock the beer fridge up James.

Ive not felt this excited about a season starting since our 1st season back in the premiership where we were beaten by Derby on the opening day on my birthday sad.gif but alas they went down we stayed up and won a trophy so I don't care.

To the match I think Rovers will show their defensive class and in doing so will score a couple, maybe even one from a set piece. I dont think Bellamy will start due to a lack of action but I reckon we will see Kuqi and Dickov. Dickov and MGP to score.

To the match I think Rovers will show their defensive class

337750[/snapback]

If you'd have said that this time last year, I would have laughed so hard. The fact we can say it now is a great achievement and probably the main reason why we feel so optimistic this year.

I can't wait to go to this one. It'll be tough to win but I can't see us losing.

2-1 to us.

A west Ham preview of the match.

I will stick my kneck out and guess that neither club will make a signing before the deadline to be available on Saturday and I will venture that Bellamy will be on the bench and not in Rovers' starting eleven. That would be a shame as his pace would probably unsettle the Hammers backline but my gut feel is he simply won't be ready for his Rovers' Prem debut and we might be without Nelsen as well. I doubt Jansen will even be on the bench.

That West Ham piece leads me to think Banayoum is the only serious threat and that containing him will be about physical presence and curtailing supply which Rovers much-derided pressing game of last season seems ideally designed to achieve. Interesting that the Hammers are looking to Christian Dailly to provide the Premiership experience and stability. blink.gif

This is an archetypical cup game. West Ham will be on a high and will try to give it everything they've got with what is patently an inferior set of players.

Hughes will need to get Rovers to quieten the crowd and then expose the vulnerabilities of the likes of Repka and Dailly (not forgetting some blasts from the edge of the box to test Roy Carroll's security). If we do that effectively, a win is very much on the cards.

However, I'll go by our experience away to Coca Cola sides last season in the FA Cup and forecast we will do no better against West Ham than we did at Cardiff or Burnley. We won't get above 50% of the posession and therefore I think this has 0-0 written all over it.

For those of you travelling by train down to London, and relying on the tube to get you to Upton Park. According to the London Underground website, the Hammersmith and City line is closed on Saturday, so it's best to travel to Upton Park tube station via the District (green) line - or even the Jubliee to West Ham tube station and walk to Upton park:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/planned.asp

Ste

337558[/snapback]

For those of you travelling by train down to London, and relying on the tube to get you to Upton Park. According to the London Underground website, the Hammersmith and City line is closed on Saturday, so it's best to travel to Upton Park tube station via the District (green) line - or even the Jubliee to West Ham tube station and walk to Upton park:

Cheers for that, anyone know where the awy pubs are for the game, as i dont really fancy getting clobbered by a west ham thug!

Ryan Nelsen:

"I went into a tackle and came out second best," Nelsen said. "It got a bit of a bone bruise and jarring in my knee. But it's not serious. I just had to keep off it for a couple of weeks."

He rates his chances of playing in this one, as 50/50.

Stuff.co.nz

I think West Ham will do well this year, they should be safe in mid-table.  I'll go for a 1-1 draw, they'll be really up for it.  Reid to score for us.  I think we'll line-up like...

Friedel

Neill Todd Nelsen Gresko

Emerton Reid Savage Pedersen

Bellamy Kuqi

337263[/snapback]

Nelsen only 50/50 for Saturday apparently

here

Sorry, Den. Didn't see your previous post with link to my local rag.

Edited by Steptoe

No

- and I expect Sparky to keep the uncertainty over Bellamy and Nelsen going until the team sheet is announced at 2pm on Saturday.

Whilst West Ham will be buoyant following their promotion, the lack of Prem experience in their squad means there will be plenty of pre-big match nerves as well.

Winding that up a notch so they don't know whether they will be dealing with one of the Prem's quickest forwards and most effective and uncompromising defenders has got to be good psychology in my book.

... and give Matt Jansen and Tugay an on-pitch pre-match fitness test which involves practising ball juggling skills. That one will psyche them out as well. Ripley giving a virtuoso display along the half way line in the warm up at the County Ground terrified the Swindon players before our game there early in the season they spent in the Prem!

Another example- Ibrahimovich, Ljungberg and Larssen's keepy uppy session with two balls between them during the warm-up here in Malta so mesmerised the opposition that Sweden were 4-0 up after 16 minutes!

Edited by philipl

... and give Matt Jansen and Tugay an on-pitch pre-match fitness test which involves practising ball juggling skills. That one will psyche them out as well. Ripley giving a virtuoso display along the half way line in the warm up at the County Ground terrified the Swindon players before our game there early in the season they spent in the Prem!

Another example- Ibrahimovich, Ljungberg and Larssen's keepy uppy session with two balls between them during the warm-up here in Malta so mesmerised the opposition that Sweden were 4-0 up after 16 minutes!

338166[/snapback]

I remember when Veron and Beckham played at Old Trafford. One of them would stand on the goal-line and the other would stand on the halfway line and they would volley the ball to each other without it ever hitting the ground. It was so demoralising as a fan watching that and thinking "there's no way our players are capable of doing that".

I know this is veering off-topic but have all of you seen the video of Maradona warming up for Napoli? It's a classic he does the most incredible ball juggling whilst dancing to the music on the PA and his boot laces are undone!

Philipl makes a very good point about the psychology of that.

Edited by Duff's Minder

Is anyone going by car? If so...any tips on car parking around the ground?

338188[/snapback]

I've always used street parking on side streets about a mile east of the ground and never had a problem so I'll be doing the same on Saturday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.